“Changed by new ownership”
Review of The Big Kitchen Buffet - CLOSED

Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed April 27, 2006

We've eaten breakfast at this buffet at least 3 times a year for several years. During our most recent visit in April, we were dissappointed and only ate here one time. No more cold shrimp, no ice cream available(although all the toppings such as bananas foster, caramel, chocolate were out) until 11 am, about half the selection of usual pastries and sweets, less hot choices, etc. We provided feedback to the manager, who was very nice, but basically offered not much hope for future visits, except that they were in transition, had gone through at least 2 new chefs and were listening to customers. However, I got the impression from several different Bally's employees on the property that the change to Harrah's ownership was tough and "pennies were being watched". Bottom line, for the price, it should offer more - no longer competitive with surrounding choices... Still a nice quiet, attractive atmosphere. But new carpet doesn't bring me for breakfast!

1  Thank tbrowntx

Reviewed December 4, 2005

I have eaten at the Bally's buffet several times, and I have always liked the service and the food. I am greatly surprised by what I read here. I will return to eat there, and I will take guests there, too. People should try to get the discounts to eat there, then it's not so expensive.

3  Thank karoleigh
Reviewed December 3, 2005

We had dinner at the Big Kitchen Buffet on Nov. 28. It was without a doubt the worst buffet we've ever been to in Vegas or anywhere else. The food wasn't hot, and dinner was just beginning. Nothing had a good taste with the exception of the Ceasar salad. Some things weren't labeled properly--some kind of meat on bones either turkey or chicken was labeled sweet potatoes. The only flavor in anything was salt or sweet. I know it was not as expensive as Paris or Bellagio where we ate for the rest of the trip, but it still was not worth what it cost. With all the good restaurants around, there is no reason to eat at this disappointing one.

5  Thank Donnag
A TripAdvisor Member
Arizona
Reviewed November 28, 2005

While eating at the Big Kitchen I found a worm stuck in my partially eaten tart- They pulled the dessert but did not even offer to reimburse the meal- The floor manager stated that this was nothing she once drank a bottle of soda filled with worms! Ugh it was enough to make me violently ill and I can't eat in a restaurant since- UGH!!!!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member