“Our favorite restaurant of all time”
Review of Craftsteak

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Top Chef personality and James Beard Award-winning chef Tom Colicchio uses only the finest ingredients to create dishes bursting with flavor. The menu features ingredients from small family farms, artisanal producers and day-boat fisherman, prepared to capture the true flavor and essence of each dish. And while steak is front-and-center, guests can also find specialties like fresh salmon, veal and lobster to pair with Craftsteak’s award-winning wine, bourbon and scotch list.
Reviewed September 10, 2016

We visit Vegas often and we always go back to Craftsteak. We try something different each time and we have never been disappointed. On our last visit, I had their braised short rib and we shared a cucumber salad and a side of corn, which was one of their seasonal side dishes. We also ordered gin martinis and we were happy to see that Craftsteak still uses the classic martini glass rather than the smaller coupe glasses that all the hipster restaurants are using these days. Everything we ordered was amazing, and the service was flawless as always.

We talk about this place often and we always look forward to returning. I hope it never changes!

Reviewed September 5, 2016

This is my second time at this establishment located in MGM. Had great meals both times and nothing bad to say. The wagyu beef tartare is a personal favorite. I will come back.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 5, 2016

First, still was a nice experience but does not compare to my favorite, Gibson's in Chicago. Service, as everyone agrees, was exceptional. Listen to your waiter! Started with the Warm Frisee Salad (waiter choice) instead of the Caesar Salad. Great choice; large salad. Sides included the Mixed Mushrooms & the Yukon Gold Puree Potatoes(personally, not a big fan of puree potatoes with a lot of butter; like thicker with some lumps!). Waiter recommended the Four Corn dish and gave us half portions of the corn & potatoes (plenty for two). Again, great idea.
Now on to the steak. All cuts of steak should be the stars of any meal. My bone-in Ribeye ($58) was cooked as ordered; charred medium-rare. However, steak was not as thick as I am used to & I thought there was too much fat on the edges. Wish there was a little more flavor.
We had had plenty to eat so didn't have dessert. For the price, probably will try another high-end steakhouse next time.

Reviewed September 3, 2016

The atmosphere, food and staff are all just wonderful at Craftsteak. You're paying for the experience at high-end restaurants and Craftsteak fits the bill. The ribeye was cooked perfectly although maybe not the most flavorful steak I've ever had and the wine was delicious. My girlfriend's hangar steak was perfectly seasoned and so good. Use your mlife card because you get a whole bunch of points for what you spend here.

1  Thank Joshua H
Reviewed September 1, 2016

Came here for a solo dinner on a fairly busy Friday night. Service was excellent from start to finish - just the right level of attention. Started with a very tasty signature cocktail while browsing the menu. At first sight, prices may look a bit inflated but I was told that starters and side orders are essentially made to be shared so perfect size for two persons. I made the mistake of ordering a regular sized beet salad for started which was definitely made for two, and the sides I ordered as half portions confirmed that sizing concept. Beet salad was great both in terms of flavors and textures. For mains I opted for a domestic Wagyu NY Strip with potatoe puree and baby spinach for sides. The NY Strip was a a sizable piece of meat done to perfection. At $108 it comes with quite a bit of expectation - unfortunately it did not quite reach the level I expected. Don't get me wrong, taste and textures were great but I did not get the same obvious sensation as I have experienced with Wagyu in the past. Hopefully, it was this particular cut and animal rather than the norm. However, I think this is very much on the margin of the experience that you end up considering at this price level. The side dishes were made to perfection, the spinach was packed with flavors and the puree was feast for the taste buds. Overall a very good steakhouse experience. The wine pairing by the glass was great and complemented the dishes perfectly. Although the meat fell slightly short of expectation, I think Craftsteak provides a great experience and I would certainly come again.