“Superb steaks and service.”
Review of Craftsteak

Craftsteak
Ranked #109 of 5,012 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We eat there every time we are in Vegas. We love the proximity to the MGM and the decor is perfect. The service is excellent and the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The food is tremendous and so delicious. We leave too full to even gamble :) We love it there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We went there for dinner as we were staying nearby at the Desert Rose Resort (see our separate review) and decided to wander into the MGM for the casino experience. There are many restaurants in the MGM and we simply liked the look of the place from the outside. We thought that it was fairly quiet at the front but we were taken through to a very large dining area which was extremely busy, clearly very popular with a great atmosphere and stylish decoration. The service was very good and attentive. Clearly, this is a restaurant which specialises in steak and that is clearly the thing to go for when choosing. We started with calamari which we shared. It was no more than okay and certainly nothing to become excited about and it was a small portion. However we then had a T-Bone and Filet Mignon both of which were extremely good and our accompanying vegetable was Brussel sprouts which was also very good. The wine list is extensive and somewhat on the pricey side. However, the best choice is to go for the wine pairing which is good value and you can have three wines of your choice. For example white, red and desert wine although the restaurant was happy to serve us with three different reds. This worked out at $35 per person. The calamari was $17 but the steaks were $56 each and the Brussels sprouts at $13, so the bill soon built up to $229 without service. However, the whole experience was very good overall and we felt the money well spent because we really enjoyed ourselves in what was a great atmosphere. If you are feeling a little flush, this is the place to go particularly if you like steak.
TIP: Choose steak and the three glass wine pairing

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The food was amazing and the service outstanding. Do not pass this by because its a steakhouse. Not only were the steaks simply perfection, the side dishes were absolutely delicious. And to top off this amazing meal is some fresh made sorbets! Do not leave without experiencing this culinary delight.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hubby and I wanted a yummy bite to eat before seeing Ka at the MGM Grand - well this was definitely the place to go. We have been fans of Tom Colicchio for years and have always wanted to eat at one of his restaurants and we were dying to eat here. Only problem? We had about 30 minutes to drink, eat and run to make our show in time. Our waitress was up to the challenge...

She recommended a few items that she knew could come out quickly - Wagyu Tartar, potato puree and the short rib.

Our martini's came out and were delish as was the Wagyu tartar. They then brought out this piping hot set of dinner rolls with a beautiful salted top and fresh butter. It was like crack -- hot, delish with the melted butter. I'd like some now, please.

She then brought out the mashed potatoes and the shortribs, which were fall off the bone perfect. Their sauce was amazing and complimented the buttery mashed potatoes. Those potatoes were so good, I wanted to slather them all over myself when I tasted them but then thought I'd really ruin the pretty dress I had on... To say they were buttered would be an understatement -- they are probably close to 50% butter to potato ratio but they were well worth blowing the diet.

We got out of there extremely satisfied and in under 30 minutes. I've already got my eyes set on another trip to Vegas in early 2013 and I'm going to make sure we get a full, unrushed dinner here.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I went to Craftsteak last night for dinner it was very nice, the waitstaff and hostess were very attentive. The got us in early at our request. and everything was very good. The sides were good ( the potatoes were the best) my wife enjoyed her drink and the tartare and roasted red pepper salad were great. The only exception was the steak itself, it was just ok. This was the one part of the meal we thought should be excellent but it was not. To date the best aged ribeye we have had was at D K Seafood Steak House in Honolulu.