“Amazing ...”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The food was amazing and the service outstanding. Do not pass this by because its a steakhouse. Not only were the steaks simply perfection, the side dishes were absolutely delicious. And to top off this amazing meal is some fresh made sorbets! Do not leave without experiencing this culinary delight.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hubby and I wanted a yummy bite to eat before seeing Ka at the MGM Grand - well this was definitely the place to go. We have been fans of Tom Colicchio for years and have always wanted to eat at one of his restaurants and we were dying to eat here. Only problem? We had about 30 minutes to drink, eat and run to make our show in time. Our waitress was up to the challenge...

She recommended a few items that she knew could come out quickly - Wagyu Tartar, potato puree and the short rib.

Our martini's came out and were delish as was the Wagyu tartar. They then brought out this piping hot set of dinner rolls with a beautiful salted top and fresh butter. It was like crack -- hot, delish with the melted butter. I'd like some now, please.

She then brought out the mashed potatoes and the shortribs, which were fall off the bone perfect. Their sauce was amazing and complimented the buttery mashed potatoes. Those potatoes were so good, I wanted to slather them all over myself when I tasted them but then thought I'd really ruin the pretty dress I had on... To say they were buttered would be an understatement -- they are probably close to 50% butter to potato ratio but they were well worth blowing the diet.

We got out of there extremely satisfied and in under 30 minutes. I've already got my eyes set on another trip to Vegas in early 2013 and I'm going to make sure we get a full, unrushed dinner here.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I went to Craftsteak last night for dinner it was very nice, the waitstaff and hostess were very attentive. The got us in early at our request. and everything was very good. The sides were good ( the potatoes were the best) my wife enjoyed her drink and the tartare and roasted red pepper salad were great. The only exception was the steak itself, it was just ok. This was the one part of the meal we thought should be excellent but it was not. To date the best aged ribeye we have had was at D K Seafood Steak House in Honolulu.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We went to Craftsteak twice during our Thanksgiving get-a-way. Once was Thanksgiving night where we dined on a feast of roast turkey and a million sides (exagerating only a little!). Everything that was brought to the table was excellent. There was a bit of a wait that night but it was Thanksgiving and tables of friends/family were lingering. We went back a few nights later for steak and did the chef's tasting menu. For two people it was WAY too much food but it was tasty and wonderful. I loved it. I had the lamb chops and my date had the NY Strip. We both loved the brussel sprouts side dish (a MUST order)!

Both times the first wine we ordered off the list was unavailable...not sure what that is all about. Other than that the service and food were excellent. A fun place to eat...but not on a budget ;)

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The only reason I will spare this experience is the waitress who genuinely apologized for the tragic meal we had.

Went believing the top judge of Top Chef would have created a memorable dinner.

Um, no way.

Briefly, our medium rare American filet was sent out well done. It was sliced as we had asked to share, and any amateur could see it was well done. Why was the filet sliced, not just split in half?

When a filet is cooked by the cook, passes the triage person in the kitchen, is carried out and served by the waitress: It is simply inexcusable to offer a diner who orders a medium rare filet a well done filet.

We were not asked if the filet was cooked to our liking.

Maybe I am making a big deal of something small, but that would get any other chef sent home on any cooking show.

They recooked a second filet which was better, but the risotto was bland and tartare was ehhh.

Wonder what Tom Colicchio would tell us to help us try another of his restaurants?

As of now, not interested in any of his critique.