“Hidden Gem in Orleans Casino”
Review of Canal Street Steak & Seafood - CLOSED

Canal Street Steak & Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed February 27, 2013

After spending a good deal of time searching through trip advisor for that one fancy evening out restaurant in a three day weekend trip, settled on Canal St. Steak and Seafood sight unseen. (Did look through the reviews of all that looked like candidates). The menu looked promising; prices a step below those on the strip. Honestly, the Orleans Casino would not be characterised as being in the upper class for Las Vegas.

The Canal St. restaurant is something of an oasis right inside the casino itself. Quiet, white table clothes, tastefully dressed waiters and wait staff. Our party of six had a reservation, but it appeared that wasn't essential. All the entries were wonderful to excellent. Four prime ribs, sea bass, and salmon. No one complained, and all left nothing on their plate. Their signature side dish of au graten potatoes and blue cheese sauce was excellent. No drinks were ordered, too much beforehand, so can't give an opinion on their wine list.

But honestly, this place should have a higher rating on the list than #96. For price and quality of service and food, it is really a hidden gem.

2  Thank Staarman1

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The decor of the New Orleans of centuries ago is almost mesmerizing as the wall art changes colors and lighting during the course of dinner.
The house dinner salads are among the best ever.
The Steak Diane...perfect!
The veal chop...outstanding!
The manager was engaging and attentive, as was the staff.
THIS IS A VEGAS MUST VISIT.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We've read reviews regarding Canal Street Steakhouse at the Orleans Casino on Trip Advisor because the help we receive from these reviews has really lead us down the guided path.

The Restaurant was everything we've read about. My wife and I both enjoyed our meals. I had the Bone in Rib Eye and my wife had the Prime Rib. She actually said it was the best she's ever had. My Rib eye was cooked perfectly and was a great steak. The salad my wife had was also well made. I had the Lobster Bisque and it was very good.

We will return to Vegas in March of 2013 and intend to return to Canal Street again. John the Manager was very nice , helpful and John knew his business. Thanks for a great experience.

5  Thank sergio c
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had the Caesars salad which was nice, for entree the 18oz. Rib Eye, and my wife had the Lamb. The Lamb was great, the only qualm I had was my medium well was more like medium. But small issue, steak was tender. Not many diners when we ate, made the place feel gloomy.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had a late night reservation on the last night of our stay. Food was Great........Steak and vegetable dishes were some of the best food we had in our week long stay. If your at the Orlean's.....Take the time to eat here.....you will be glad you did!!!

1  Thank catkate