“Serene Stylish Escape”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #67 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 13, 2006

Just got back from a trip to the Grand Canyon- I decided to use Vegas as my "base camp" & intentionally chose this hotel because its off the Strip yet easily reachable to it ( via the Monorail across the way) , its a Marriott new property ( & Marriott has earned my appreciation for quality lodging) its a quiet, stylish hotel that caters to a nonparty, more business clientele and it does NOT have a casino. Also, I got a great deal : $ 89 per night ! The pluses are as above plus the beautiful , exquisitely clean room, very nice room service staff and the stress free & quick check-in ( I took an evening flight from the East Coast & was most grateful) . The minuses are the rather isolated & deserted neighborhood- the deserted Las Vegas Convention Center is right next door & you walk through it to get to the Monorail entrance- coming back from the Strip at night is a little creepy;
their limited restaurant and on-site services- the food from room service came from their 1 & only restaurant , it was mediocre and pricey. Their fitness center was nice though, roomy, well appointed w/fresh fruit & iced fruit drinks & spring water available - its fronted by floor to ceiling windows facing the small pool area which is contained within an inner courtyard. If you are looking for an exciting, entertainment atmosphere this place is not for you but if you need a respite after a full day "on the Strip" & you don't mind the deserted neighborhood this place is a very good option.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
18  Thank Voudre
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel

Reviewed November 12, 2006

I cannot say enough about the Renaissance Las Vegas. I was travelling with my family to Las Vegas, and was also in charge of making all of the travel arrangements. Having never been to Las Vegas, I was nervous about booking a bad hotel. I had originally booked a hotel in an isolated section of the Strip, but went with the Renaissance instead when Travelzoo advertised a $89/weeknight or $99/weekend night rate. I decided to go with the Renaissance because based on what I could find on the web, my original hotel was not in the most convenient section of the Strip, and the Renaissance, though off the Strip, was a better quality hotel.

I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. The staff at the Renaissance was excellent, especially the concierge and everyone at the bell desk. The hotel was spotless, and parking was free! (By the way, valet and self parking is free at virtually all of the casinos on the Strip, so you are probably better off driving than taking a cab.) In addition, the beds were extremely comfortable (my mother was still talking about them a week after we returned) and the hotel was smoke-free, which I appreciated after my third night in Vegas. I also liked that I did not have to walk through a casino to get to my hotel room. The only unfortunate aspect of the Renaissance is the location. You do feel isolated from the excitement on the Strip, and driving from the hotel to the Strip could get draining after some time. However, the commute is manageable if you have a rental car. My family loved the hotel, and even my relatives who were staying at one of "the big casino hotels" on the Strip (for $240/weekend night in a room that was not as nice as ours) were impressed. I would definitely stay at the Renaissance Las Vegas again!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
10  Thank Atlantic112006
Reviewed November 6, 2006

I was concerned about no casino, but I truly didn't miss it. We were so busy shopping and going to the races I didn't care. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, especially the valets!!! But the best part was the beds!!! They were amazing!!!! We will definately stay their again

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank segraybill
Reviewed November 6, 2006

Easy to find, off strip just south of the convention center. The monorail is just west of it on Paradise Rd.

Used valet parking every chance I got. The attendant was courteous and professional directing me to reception. Each time my car was returned to me, it was quick and courteous. I even forgot my cell phone in my car during the night, and valet brought the entire car down, and then brought it back to its parking place.

Check in was effortless, efficient, and very friendly. Got one of those candy looking martini olives - nice touch!

Lobby was slick, modern, and very swanky.

I stayed in Room 355 with a view of the rooftop ventilation, a view of the parking garage to the left, a view of the west wing of the hotel to the right, and just a peek of the southern part of the strip in the distance. The room is very small. The first things I noticed was the modern look and the carpet! Yes, the carpet. The carpet was luxurious to even sleep on! Ok, maybe not, but it was nice. I had booked a two double bedded room. It had an arm chair by the window, a business desk with phone, internet connection, desk lamp, and a small plasma TV. Underneath that, was the safe and refrigerator. There was a place to leave your duffle bag and luggage case. To the right of that, was the very spacious armoire. I was able to store three dress shirts, 3 pants, 3 polo shirts, and 3 pairs of shoes. The place where you can sit your luggage case had two drawers beneath it for your other clothes. The bed was very comfortable with feather filled comforters and duvet covers. In between each bed was a nightstand with lamp and AM/FM/CD alarm clock. The bathroom had a separate shower and tub and a small alcove for the toilet. There were nice quality toiletries. I loved the Lather brand of the toiletries. Beneath the sink was a coffee maker with complimentary Starbucks coffee, tea, a hair dryer, and more towels. Small problem with the separate shower - door does not shut securely causing water to leak out onto the bathroom floor.

I used the fitness center. It's well equipped with treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbant bikes, weight machines, and free weights. It had complimentary bottled water, towels, and some weird tasting juice? Think Gatorade??? It also had two separate bathrooms with shower, toilet, towels, etc. There are three plasma TV's as well (two for the cardio area and one for the weights area). The fitness center has a view of the pool/jacuzzi area. I noticed it was being used at 5:30am! I think it was heated, but I didn't use it.

Staff was nice, even other guests were really nice. It was nice not staying in a smoky hotel with a casino. This hotel property is mainly for business travelers, but it can also be for other travelers like me who don't like smoke or the noise of the casino. Most of the guests were the older and business traveler type.

I didn't eat at all there, although if I did stay there longer, I would have. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
11  Thank TheKwietOne
Reviewed October 26, 2006

Stayed for four nights two rooms. The web site lists refrigerators, wrong!!! They are for wet bars, so you cannot put food in them, so we had purchased milk and juice, so our bathtub turned into an ice chest.

We didn't get a King Bed.. that we booked, but we used Price line, so of course there is no guarantee, and they know you use price line. But the double beds we did get were EXTREMELY comfy!! And plenty of pillows, very nice. Bathrooms are great, location of the hotel is great, about 1/2 a block to Monorail and the self parking is very easy at this Hotel. they do have Valet, but we didn't' really need it, the bell man was great, Johnny on the spot and showed us our room and all the details of it, including the "refrigerator".

We'd stay again, it was a very new and clean hotel, loved that it has NO casino! Room service was very good also.

We did complain about the fake fridges, and the gal assured us they are replacing each of them, but I suggested removing that as an amenity until they do so.

We were told our nephew could be on the same wing and floor, but they ended up four floors away with a terrible view of the parking garage! But a minor detail.

The chocolate they hand to you are a nice touch as well as the individually wrapped jelly belly, jelly beans. Love the free in room intenret sevice also, really great.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank MrRooney
Reviewed October 17, 2006

We booked this hotel at the last minute with the travelzoo special of $99/weekend nights and $100 off next stay. We cannot wait to go return to this hotel! It was better than we expected and such a nice respite from the noise and smoke of the strip. We forgot we were in Vegas while staying at this hotel and we wanted to take the bed home with us. The bed was cozy, the room service was prompt and yummy and the staff was very hospitable. The front desk even offered to print my borading pass before we left for the airport. It was without a doubt the best hotel we stayed in and the best accomodations. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank alicemsw
Reviewed October 15, 2006

The Renaissance is best for those who are attending a convention and want to be within walking distance of the convention center, who dislike the large casino hotels, or who found a good deal on the web. It is convenient to the monorail. The downside is there is nothing at the hotel at night except for the bar so plan on going elsewhere for entertainment.

We've stayed here several times, most recently in October. The Marriott web site had a stay 3, pay for 2 night deal for $149 a night over the weekend. The hotel is only a couple of years old and overall very nice, but as others have noted, the insulation is poor and you will hear the noise from the room next door. The beds are comfortable, there is free internet access in the room, and service from the front desk and housekeeping was fine. We had breakfast in the concierge lounge (as a Marriott Gold member) and one morning there was one person letting in members (over 20 by my count) of his party who obviously were not authorized to use the club - they waited at the door and he kept going over to see if anyone was there and opening it. No one on the staff noticed this or if they did, they ignored it. As a result there was a large, noisy party in the club occupying most of the space and making it hard for others to get the benefits they deserved - we observed several people leave due to a lack of seating. One point worth noting: the design of the pool is very poor. It is a small area and in a courtyard between the buildings. This results in half the pool area being in the shade in the morning, and the entire pool being in the shade in the afternoon so if having a nice pool area is a consideration you need to take this into account. (The Mirage has one of the best pools in Vegas).

The first night we dined in Envy, their steakhouse. The food was very good and cheaper than at other Vegas steakhouses, but the service was poor. We waited almost 15 minutes before anyone came by (my wife was about to leave), our drinks came out after the appetizers, and no one asked how our food was.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple