“Great hotel for non-smokers & non-gamblers!”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #66 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I loved the renaissance hotel. I went by myself on business, and I think this is a great smoke-free, casino free hotel. Also, there are not 1,000+ rooms in it, so you do not have to walk forever to get to your room. Air was fresh, rooms comfortable and a nice place to do some work. You can walk to the convention center and the tram as well. I had a really nice view of the strip, and enjoyed the room service.
I would recommend for people who like to be away from the casinos, smoke and tackiness of the rest of town.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel

Reviewed November 27, 2009

We stayed in the hotel for three nights over Thanksgiving 2009. I stay frequently at Marriott brand hotels and this hotel had many of the familiar positive attributes of a Marriott but also had some drawbacks. I doubt I'll return to it on my subseqent Las Vegas trips.

Check In: Arrived at 9 p.m. Waited for 7 or 8 minutes to check in while the sole person at registration was speaking with another guest. The front desk representative was not overly friendly nor was he rude or unfriendly, but we didn't feel a warm or professional welcome was provided. He seemed rather uninterested in checking us in.

Valet and Bell Staff: Quite exceptional. Cars brought in a very timely fashion, always professional and friendly. Luggage handled well.

Room: Had a separate glass shower with a very small separate tub. The room is of moderate size and had the usual great Marriott bed and bedding/pillows. The carpet already looks worn in the room and hallways and this hotel is not that old. The coffee maker/tea/coffee etc. is all in the bathroom as there isn't a lot of other space in the room. It does have a desk and a small refrigerator and safe and a moderate size TV and one chair, which is also quite worn.

Housekeeping: Very good. I'm particular about housekeeping issues and I was very pleased.

Internet: Big disappointment. There was hard wired Internet, which was free in the club level rooms, where we were located but this hotel charged $1 per minute to use the computer and internet in the Club Lounge. This is the first Renaissance hotel I have stayed at which charged for Internet and computer use in the club lounge. Way over priced.

Room rate: They had good specials at this hotel and our room was a good value for the money we spent:

Restaurant (The Envy): Excellant. Although I don't know that I'd return to stay at the hotel I would definitely return to the restaurant. Several friends who reside in Las Vegas had recommended the restaurant. I had a birthday celebration here and the service was incredibly and the food extraordinary.

Club Lounge: Only moderate at best. They charge for the alcohol, which is different than the Marriott and Renaissance hotels we frequent (which are often international locations) and the lounge looks a bit worn also. There was always only one attendant in the lounge and she was quite pleasant, but the TV was blaring and during one of our trips to the lounge there were many young children running around playing hide n' seek and making it a noisy atmosphere.

Ambience: Overall, we didn't find this hotel to be plush or have great ambience. There was nothing that was horrible about the hotel but we just didn't find the service to be fantastic. The front lobby was often filled with really loud and noisy, and sometimes obnoxious sports team members, which the staff did nothing to control. I prefer the Marriott Suites, which is a couple of blocks from this hotel.

Location: We chose it because we prefer to stay off the strip as I am usually here visiting family or on business and not here for the gambling. The location is fine and is next to the convention center. It is a $10 taxi ride to the main part of the strip or you can use the monorail, which has a stop right next door.

Pool: Small pool on main level with a decent small lounge area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Broder
Reviewed November 16, 2009

My husband and I did a priceline "name your price" deal and didn't know where we would end up. Honestly, when I first heard that we were going here, I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly suprirsed! Beautiful, modern, chic, plush, and NO casinos in the hotel. After spending all day in Vegas, sometimes it's nice to go back to a quiet oasis. Very classy place. The rooms were EXACTLY as shown in the hotel pictures on the website. My hubby loved the modern feel. Service was good, but I did have a problem with my room keys not working ,and when they said that they fixed it, they didn't. I had to call security, and that was a bit frustrating. The next morning I had to wait FOREVER to speak to the concierge about recommendations for a good breakfast buffet. She was on the phone for about 10 minutes before she had a moment to speak with me. It wasn't really really her fault, but perhaps she should have an assistant of some kind. We didn't visit her the night before because there was a line. All in all, though, the service was pretty good with those we even bumped into in the elevators,and we have found our NEW favorite place to stay in Vegas. Glad priceline landed us here. (oh yeah, the monorail is closeby, and we found in very convenient and a much faster way of traveling the strip)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank littlered1968
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We stayed for one night while in Vegas. Parking is free, as is valet. Check-in was great and the staff from start to finish were extremely helpful and nice. Any issues we had were attended to immediately. Our room was gorgeous and very clean. The bathroom had a separate glass shower and soaking tub. The bed was oh so comfy! This hotel is not directly on the strip, but the staff can arrange a cab or other transportation at the drop of a hat. It is right next to the convention center in the event that you would need to be close to it. The internet was not free (I believe $12/night or so). If we go back, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda278
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Just returned from attending a conference that was next door at the Convention Center and am SO GLAD we chose to stay at the Renaissance.

Was just a 4 minute walk to the convention center and a great place to come back to in the evening after a long day.

Decent size room, clean, fresh feeling bathroom. Good quality TV and nice linens. The staff are very helpful and all the doormen and desk folks that we dealt with had a very happy attitude.

I ordered one room service dinner and one breakfast. Dinner was very good but the breakfast was disappointing. When I complained about the breakfast, they were very concerned and brought me a new one right away. It was just OK. They really tried to make it right, but it is difficult to do eggs and pancakes right via room service.

The only real negative was the pricy internet. Geez!

We did their tasting menu in their full service restaurant on our first night. It was a bit overpriced, but it was very good. The wine selection and the food were a pleasant surprise at this business hotel. I would definitely recommend the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Butterkupp
Reviewed October 18, 2009

As a solo female traveler attending a convention at one of the larger strip hotels, it was nice to come "home" to my quiet little oasis at the Renaissance. While this non-gaming hotel is not on the strip, getting to some of the bigger hotels isn't a problem because the monorail picks you up next door. If you think your preference would be to wake up in the morning, grab a coffee at the in-hotel Starbucks and sit outside as the sun comes up – without slot machine clatter or the pumping beats of "Get up and boogie" flooding into the street, then the Renaissance is a hotel you'll want to look into. The Marriot website offers packages for this hotel, but I've also seen it on some of the wholesaler sites like Skyauction.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank essmac
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We had a convention in the south hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center and this was a 90 second walk. The hotel was really nice and the beds were very comfortable. I enjoyed it more then the huge casino hotels!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business