Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$131
$119
Vdara.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
$180
  • Pool
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
$170
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$179
Aria.com
  • Restaurant
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$535
$369
MandalayBay.com
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$89
Mirage.com
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$67
$59
$199
Bellagio.com
$134
$119
Venetian.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$371
$359
SignatureMGMGrand
1,815 results
All reviewsconvention centeroff the stripmonorail stationenvy steakhousethe concierge loungesouth hallmarriott brandclub levelwynn golf coursebusiness hotelnon smokingnon gaming hotelfront desk staffseparate tub and showersmall poolself parkingquiet hotel
Reviewed July 8, 2009

The Renaissance is an oasis of calm in an otherwise brash and over-stimulative Las Vegas. Adjacent to the Convention Center, this hotel is pleasantly lacking a casino, making the public space inviting to linger in, not get through as quickly as humanly possible. We were there just one night on our way through town. There was no convention and the rates were great. Not sure what happens to the calm atmosphere though when the place fills with orthodontists or game designers.

Reviewed June 29, 2009

This unassuming but superb property is located one block off the strip, around a mile from the Wynn/Encore. Crucially, there is a monorail station located very close (3 min walk) to the hotel. I've been here for 10 nights, and leave tomorrow morning, so I now feel qualified to leave a review!

The interior is very spacious and nicely decorated. The staff are extremely polite and friendly, which is a big plus in Vegas. I was offered an olive-shaped (but conventionally flavoured!) chocolate upon check-in and my room had a mini-fridge with two (I think - or hope) free bottles of water, which is restocked daily.

I had a normal room with king bed. The bathroom is nice, with a bath and walk-in shower cubicle. There is a nice big LCD TV, a clock-radio and a large desk. An iron and ironing board are also provided.

Huge windows give a pretty amazing view. My room faces towards the Stratosphere and the Hilton, although other rooms must face towards the other end. Ask for a high floor for the best views! I realised quite late on that the windows are not mirrored, so do not walk around naked in front of them, like I did.

There's a pool, which is unmanned and enclosed by the hotel, so it does get dark quite early. This being vegas though, it was still very warm even at midnight, but it might not be ideal if you're trying to get a tan.

On the whole, I can only find one fault with this hotel, and that is the wireless internet. I'm on the 12th floor, and the internet is terrible. The connection is very weak on all of my devices and frequently cuts out and suffers from extreme slowness. This is probably just affecting a small number of rooms, but it has been a problem for me.

The monorail is a great boost to this hotel, since it makes getting around in vegas a lot easier (although note that to get out of the monorail stations onto the strip, you need to navigate through the casinos, so you'll still need to walk!).

The Renaissance is classy, very reasonably priced and a good alternative to the tacky excess of the strip.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2009

The Las Vegas Renaissance is a great off the strip hotel. We stayed here for two nights and were very happy with the staff and room. The staff was friendly and professional and attended to our needs immediately. Our room was just a basic king room but was very clean and comfortable. The decor of the room and hotel is more on the modern side, bright and contemporary. I recommend visiting the pool, which was very relaxing. The hotel is just a short walk from the mono rail. Overall, I was very happy with our stay at this location.

Reviewed June 25, 2009

My boyfriend and I recently returned from a 4 night stay. Check-in was quick and we were given a wonderful room. We stayed on the club level floor and breakfast was good- just your bagels/cereal/coffee type of breakfast. The refrigerator in the lounge was mostly stocked so we had unlimited access to water and soda.
Our room was very clean. Bathroom was cool because the shower is separate from the bathtub and is fairly large. We ordered room service one night and it was fairly priced. Had to request small items throughout the stay and staff brought them quickly.
The location is great if you want to stay off the strip. The monorail is a very short walk away. We walked through several casino hotel lobbies and decided we were glad we picked the Renaissance because it is not as crowded. Check-in at a casino can apparently take up to an hour.
The gym was just OK. I found it hard to get a good spot to use free weights if there were others in the room. There's a lot of equipment in a small space. There was plenty of cardio equipment.
I used the pool two of the days and recommend that you get there early. It's in a tiny courtyard area just off the lobby, so it's surrounded by 4 high walls and only gets sun for a few hours. I noticed people started getting the good chairs around 10:30-11am. I recommend for those who wants to maximize sun time to get the chairs that are closest to the bathrooms. They get the most sun.
We had several wonderful meals in town: Gordon Biersch (brewing company and restaurant), Ah Sin (Paris), and Border Grill (Mandalay Bay). Also saw the show, Ka (MGM Grand) and liked that. We rented a car one day and drove to Mt. Charleston (approx 45 mins from town, but it didn't seem that far).

Reviewed June 15, 2009

Stayed here for 1 night at beginning of trip after getting this hotel for a great deal on Priceline. We returned to Vegas at the end of our trip for one night. Hotel was very full then, so we had to book directly with the hotel rather than try to get it on Priceline, as I really wanted a non-smoking hotel. I was still very happy with the room even paying standard rates.

Location is quieter and easier to access than the hotels on the strip. Parking is easy and free. With a car, you are close to anywhere on the strip. Monorail is super convenient although it is expensive and not really worth it if you have more than one person in your group. Internet was not free unfortunately.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family