“Relaxation begins at the front door!”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #65 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Relaxation begins at the front door!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I'm not a Vegas type gal! I like calm and quiet! Imagine my surprise when I arrived at the Renaissance!! I had an early flight and arrived in Vegas at 10:30am. I went to the hotel to drop off my bag only to find out that my room was ready and they would gladly check me in early at no charge!

When you walk in the front door, the decor and ambiance immediately calms you!! The beautiful century modern decor, the lighting, the floor to ceiling windows of the beautiful patio/pool area with palm trees immediately transports you out of the neon Vegas world!

I checked in to a immaculate room complete with a glass walk in shower and a separate tub, and for once, a true non-smoking room!

Lunch at Grill 55 was delightful with great suggestions from the staff about things to do in Vegas and how to get around. A couple of hours sitting in the large cushioned chairs by the pool area (no cheap lawn chairs at this place!) reading a book immediately kick-started my relaxing weekend! A cocktail later that night at the bar was a great way to end the perfect day! The Ego Cafe got me out the door the next morning with a bagel and awesome coffee!

I have always said I would never go to Vegas unless I had to, but the Renaissance Hotel gave me a reason to go back for pleasure!

Room Tip: I had a perfect view of the Stratosphere!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Wow, what flattering compliments! We appreciate you sharing your review with us here on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that you were able to find serenity in the midst of Sin City. This is definitely something that we take great pride in providing our guests and we cannot wait for all of our staff members to read what you wrote!

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance on your next Las Vegas visit.

Tim Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boucherville, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We'd never been to Las Vegas before last January because we don't like gambling, but we heard so many good things about it from our friends that we decided to see the Strip by ourself. To live in a Casino wasn't an option so we opted to stay at the Renaissance Las Vegas, on Paradise Road. We've never regretted our choice, since we were able to come back to a quiet environment every night because the hotel is only few minutes away from the Las Vegas Monorail: it was taking us 5 to 10 minutes to get on the Strip at a very low cost ($23,50 for a 3 day pass with a coupon on internet)). The room was comfortable and the service is very good, particularly when you are a Marriott Elite member.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndreSim
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Hotel for your first visit to Las Vegas. It sounds like your overall stay was exactly what you where hoping for; we definitely pride ourselves on being a peaceful alternative to the strip.

Thank you for being a Marriott rewards member and we hope that if your future travel plans include Las Vegas for business or pleasure – you would consider staying with us again.

Warm regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I are locals and we wanted to stay close to the strip the night before the Superbowl without the high prices so we bid on Priceline.com and ended up getting this hotel. We were really happy with it and we will definitely stay again. It was beautiful and cozy with a lot of the elegant extra touches of a finer hotel. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I had room service on Superbowl Sunday and was surprised at how quickly it arrived and how good it was. The rooms were very clean and spacious and had some pretty interesting Vegas artwork in them. It's a little off the strip but very convenient because it's close to the monorail.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for posting your review and for choosing the Renaissance Hotel for your Super Bowl Staycation. It is wonderful to hear that our staff service, food and beverage offerings and Vegas décor have earned your loyalty. We will certainly look forward to welcoming you and your husband in the future.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed February 6, 2014

As a Marriott Platinum member I have experienced excellent service 99% of the time at every property from Fairfield up. However, the Renaissance Hotel at the Las Vegas Convention Center is the best I have experienced in years, possibly my best overall experience ever, closing in on the famous Ritz-Carlton service. On arrival, Vince the doorman and Luis the bellman, both were exceptional. In the Concierge lounge Whitney, Regina, Alyssa, and Andre went above and beyond in attitude, smiles and service. Myra on the phone did a great job, as did everyone at the front desk and maids in the hallways. This hotel has the best management I have experienced in years. As to the facility, it is well kept, super convenient to convention center, and short taxi ride to most places I want to visit, casino or restaurant. Rates are very reasonable - check their Website - and possibly the best value of great service and affordability that I can remember. I cannot say enough about the great staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve B
Wow! We are blown away by your review! Thank you for taking a moment to acknowledge our team’s efforts. We strive to ensure that every guest receives nothing but the absolute best in services and amenities and we are proud to know that we have succeeded in this case. Your comments have been shared with our teams and they cannot stop smiling!

Again, thank you and we hope to serve you again soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed during Super Bowl weekend expecting noise and mess. I was pleasantly surprised during my stay! Check-in was quick and discreet (agent didn't say my room number out loud). Big thumbs up from this female solo-traveler. My room was spacious, clean and elegant. I love the Aveda (rosemary mint) and coffee/tea products supplied. The fitness room is nice and provides you with apples, fruit-infused water, fresh towels and sani-wipes. There are a few computers that allow you to print your boarding pass. The wi-fi in the lobby is complimentary, whereas, there is a charge in-room. I love the fact that this Vegas hotel is smoke-free. I can't wait to return!

Green Features: This is another reason I love this hotel! There are information cards in the bathroom and the desk area explaining the environmentally-friendly guidelines.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Patricia C
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your Super Bowl weekend experience here on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you found so many of our amenities to be enjoyable. We would love for you to visit us again; perhaps in our warmer months so you can take advantage of our pool!

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Time Herman
Auburn, California
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I chose to stay at the Renaissance because I was attending a conference at the Wynn and Encore properties. The Renaissance is convenient as it's right in the middle of the strip, but one street behind on Paradise Rd. It has nice rooms, good service, is NON-SMOKING (which is important for me, especially when you want to get away from the smoky casino areas), is well maintained, and quiet. Even though there was a group staying at the hotel at the same time I was there, I never noticed any loud partying or nuisances, even at "earlier" hours of the evening.

The food was good (though I have Platinum status and primarily ate breakfast at the club-level lounge), and there is a good steakhouse right on the premises. Overall, if you are in Vegas on business, or looking to stay somewhere nice, and not like the overly ostentatious Vegas mega-properties, the Renaissance is a great alternative. I have stayed at other off-the-strip properties, and this would be my top choice.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms that face Paradise Road are at eye-level with the monorail, so if you like to have a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We are honored to have had you stay with us during your business travels. As you mentioned you are a Platinum member, we cannot thank you enough such an outstanding review and for your loyalty to Marriott. Our team strives to provide only the best services and amenities and it is truly rewarding to hear that our efforts have paid off.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 1, 2014

i checked into this hotel after two nights at a smoking/gaming hotel that was loud, dirty and charged us extra for just about everything. My experience was first class all the way. While the hotel is large and appears to cater to business people, it has the feel and atmosphere of a boutique hotel. The design presents a perfect blend of an indoor/out door experience and the lobby lends itself to relaxation and mingling. If you don't want to leave the hotel for meals..don't worry the restaurant, bar and cafe offer variety of options in a cozy upbeat atmosphere very much a cosmopolitan type atmosphere. Service super helpful, quick and focused on doing everything possible to enhance your experience. My made me think twice about choosing las vegas as vacation spot versus just a place i have to go for business reasons..

Room Tip: I stayed in small suite it was very nice and it' window overlooked the pool, very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic review. We are so grateful that you chose to stay with us. It’s wonderful to know that we have met our goals in providing you with an exceptional stay. Your compliments are much appreciated and we know that our team will be excited when we share this feedback with them.