“Nice, comfortable hotel off the strip”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #67 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I chose to stay at the Renaissance because I was attending a conference at the Wynn and Encore properties. The Renaissance is convenient as it's right in the middle of the strip, but one street behind on Paradise Rd. It has nice rooms, good service, is NON-SMOKING (which is important for me, especially when you want to get away from the smoky casino areas), is well maintained, and quiet. Even though there was a group staying at the hotel at the same time I was there, I never noticed any loud partying or nuisances, even at "earlier" hours of the evening.

The food was good (though I have Platinum status and primarily ate breakfast at the club-level lounge), and there is a good steakhouse right on the premises. Overall, if you are in Vegas on business, or looking to stay somewhere nice, and not like the overly ostentatious Vegas mega-properties, the Renaissance is a great alternative. I have stayed at other off-the-strip properties, and this would be my top choice.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms that face Paradise Road are at eye-level with the monorail, so if you like to have a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

We are honored to have had you stay with us during your business travels. As you mentioned you are a Platinum member, we cannot thank you enough such an outstanding review and for your loyalty to Marriott. Our team strives to provide only the best services and amenities and it is truly rewarding to hear that our efforts have paid off.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel

Reviewed February 1, 2014

i checked into this hotel after two nights at a smoking/gaming hotel that was loud, dirty and charged us extra for just about everything. My experience was first class all the way. While the hotel is large and appears to cater to business people, it has the feel and atmosphere of a boutique hotel. The design presents a perfect blend of an indoor/out door experience and the lobby lends itself to relaxation and mingling. If you don't want to leave the hotel for meals..don't worry the restaurant, bar and cafe offer variety of options in a cozy upbeat atmosphere very much a cosmopolitan type atmosphere. Service super helpful, quick and focused on doing everything possible to enhance your experience. My made me think twice about choosing las vegas as vacation spot versus just a place i have to go for business reasons..

Room Tip: I stayed in small suite it was very nice and it' window overlooked the pool, very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic review. We are so grateful that you chose to stay with us. It’s wonderful to know that we have met our goals in providing you with an exceptional stay. Your compliments are much appreciated and we know that our team will be excited when we share this feedback with them.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is our second time staying here. My husband goes to Las Vegas for a convention in October and we stay at the Venetian. As soon as the convention is over we change over to the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel. It is located off the strip by the Convention Center with access to the monorail station. No casino. Garage parking and coffee bar on premises. Get your coffee in the morning and sit by the pool - very nice. The staff is excellent and very friendly. Didn't use the concierge floor this time.

Room Tip: If you want to nice hotel away from the glitz and noise of the strip this is the place to go
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bevpbg

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you and your husband continue to take pleasure in our “off the strip” resort and offerings. We certainly will look forward to welcoming the both of you in October, if not sooner.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here primarily because my wife really hates cigarette smoke. Obviously that is unavoidable in Vegas, but we didn't want to smell it when we sleep.

The Hotel was very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful when I needed a few things. The hotel is right next to a monorail station which is an awesome way to get up and down the strip. The monorail goes from the MGM to two blocks short of the Stratosphere (the old Sahara Hotel stop) all for $5 one way or a daily pass of $12.

The hotel was an 8-10 minute walk from the front side of the Riviera (on the strip). The walk was decently well lit and felt fairly safe (for Vegas). The taxi ride from the hotel to the airport was $13.00; do NOT pay for the crappy Showtime Tours shuttle.

After a day of walking around Vegas, it was nice to return to a quiet and clean hotel. My wife and I highly recommend this stay.

4  Thank Richard M

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your recent visit. It is great to hear that what we offer suited your travel needs. We pride ourselves on being a smokeless alternative to the strip and we hope that if your future travel plans include Las Vegas you and your wife consider staying with us again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Renaissance. We had an excellent experience and highly recommend the hotel. We will definitely stay here again. We chose the hotel because there was no casino and the proximity to the monorail. Also, there were not a lot kids. It seemed like an “adults” hotel.

Check in: easy and fast. Staff was friendly.

Room: outstanding. Overall, the room was quiet. However, our room faced the convention center and we could hear the convention workers in the AM preparing for the next convention. If this bothers you, ask for room not facing the road for convention center. Because of our status, we were upgraded to a VIP room. Very nice….thank you!

Atmosphere: very hip. Nice bar and plenty of seating around the “cool” lobby area.

Wi-Fi-Fast and free in the lobby.

Breakfast: because of our status we were offered the choice of free continental breakfast (CB) or points. We took the breakfast because the hotel is not on the strip. Take note: the CB is priced at $15. Alternatively, you can order off the menu (there is no buffet) and pay the difference. The one downside was the Sunday breakfast was off of the brunch menu. We thought it was OK but………next time, we will take the points for Sunday.

Monorail: 5 minutes and an easy walk.

2  Thank jknight910

Thank you for posting your comments. We absolutely love reviews such as yours because we get an opportunity to hear that the same things we enjoy about our hotel are also appreciated by our guests. We appreciate you calling attention to our proximity to the Las Vegas Monorail and hip atmosphere. It is truly a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Nice hotel but throughout much of the hotel (some floors more) you can hear the breeze howling quietly. Had a room with loud howling wind coming through under the door. Maintenance came right away and knew the issue...not the first time I am guessing. They ripped up the carpet and slide cardboard underneath to fill the gap with no success. They were a bit hesitant to give me a new room but finally did and that room was much better. Restaurant was very expensive as well. Next trip to Vegas I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Mikeontheroad1
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent experience at the Renaissance Las Vegas. We are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your guest room. I can assure you, this is not typical of the Renaissance standards and we appreciate you taking a moment to post your feedback as it allows us to monitor areas that my require improvements.

We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We started coming to this hotel about five years ago and we keep coming back. We come to Vegas 4-6 times a year and we make sure parts of our stay to be here. When I find "stay 2 nights and get the 3rd free" deal we make a trip around that deal. What has inspired us to start coming here is the foods they provide to Marriott Platinum and Gold members at its club lounge. The first light meal we had was rice and chicken. I do not even like chicken but I ate two servings, Even vegetables taste really good here. The taste and the quality of the foods plunged about a year ago but I am sure some guests had made comments about it and they bounced back. We always look forward staying here so that we could enjoy their foods. I think the foods are prepared by the chef at the steakhouse on the ground floor. Regina who works at the lounge in the morning is super and other ladies who work there in the morning and evening are also great. I have read some tripadvisor reviews just curious. One guest said his or her room was dirty but as far as our stays are concerned the rooms have always been sparkling clean. WE never find any dirty spot. My wife likes bath tub and I like shower and the room provides both. This is my wife's favorite hotel in the US and in my case it is a toss up between here and the Cosmopolitan. The latter has an edge, though, because we could overlook the Belagio Fountain from our room. But then the Cosmopolitan is usually much more expensive. Their bed sheet and bath towels are rally good. I think they are common among Renaissance hotels. I already have booked some night in Feb, March, April and July. As for gambling tourists this may not very good because it is not close to the Strip. Las Vegas Hotel is nearest casino along with Riviera. We do not gamble so it does not matter.

Room Tip: We get upgrade to the room overlooking the Wynn Golf Course, which gives you the Strip view. It is...
2  Thank YOSHI M

What a spectacular review! We love comments such as yours because they call attention to the areas we put a lot of thought into. We are overjoyed that the property, services, and amenities exceeded your expectations and we will look forward to welcoming you back in February!