“Great Non-Gaming Hotel in Las Vegas!”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #70 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel for New Year's Eve. I was pleasantly surprised that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property off the strip. This was a last minute decision and we could not find any available room on the strip. The hotel is nicely decorated, the rooms are good sized. We had a room with a great view of the strip. As a Marriott Gold Elite Member we had access to the Lounge where they serve complimentary sodas, water, snacks, desserts, hors d’oeuvres, continental breakfast during specific times. The hotel also has the famous Envy Steakhouse.

They provide Aveda toiletries in the bathroom. The staff at this hotel provide great customer service. However, I have to take off one point from my rating because the housekeeping staff left a used towel in the shower. Although I did not make a big deal of it considering it was their busiest time of the year and they had to get the rooms ready for quick guest turn-over. Nevertheless, it is not an excuse to leave a soiled used towel hanging in the shower.

The monorail is right next door at the LV Convention Center parking lot; and it will take you to different ideal stops on the strip. It cost $6 each way for one ride. Very convenient way to go around the different casinos and entertainment venues. And best of all, for us who do not gamble, this Non-Smoking, Non-Gaming hotel is fantastic!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the strip on a high floor. We were on a strip view room on the 6th fl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for posting your review on what appears to have been a nearly perfect experience at our hotel. On behalf of the Renaissance team, please accept our apologies for what you encountered in regard to the housekeeping service. This information will be shared with the respective departments to ensure the elimination of such experiences in the future. Reviews such as yours let us know where we need to focus on service and attention to detail.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed there on NYE 2013 with my hubby

Pros:
1) Monorail: Although the hotel is not on the strip, the monorail station is right outside the hotel and it takes you straight to all the hotels and casinos on the strip. Saves you the trouble of driving after drinking ;)
2) Smile with a service
3) Envy Steakhouse: Exceptional food. I am a Marriott member and they already knew about my allergies, which takes them to the exceptional service category according to me

Cons:
1) No casinos

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Las Vegas to ring in the New Year! We are truly happy to hear all of the positive feedback you shared about our property, staff service, and our convenient proximity to The Strip. The monorail station definitely makes it possible to enjoy the excitement on Las Vegas Boulevard, but get back to peace and quiet for some rest. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our ambassadors and we are sure they will be excited to hear you were so pleased with your stay.

We will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay right off the strip. It's nice and quiet and no smoking. Rooms are very nice. We had a great view of the Wynn golf course. The only complaint we had was that the windows were extremely dirty, which impacted the view. This really isn't a big deal since your really never in your room anyway.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

We sincerely thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting your review here on TripAdvisor. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for what you described about the windows. Feedback such as yours is important and is necessary in helping us identify areas that require our immediate attention.

We hope you will allow us an opportunity to make this right on your next Las Vegas visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I have stayed at this place a few times. I've always thought it was a pretty nice hotel. It is a newer facility which is a big plus for me. It is just off the strip, behind the Wynn hotel. I like that there is no casino and no smoking. The rooms are a decent size and the bathrooms are pretty nice. Nice walk in showers and the rooms and bathroom have always been nice and clean. On our most recent visit however, I noticed a couple of things that bothered me. There are no exhaust fans in the bathrooms. I could have sworn there were at one time and thought ours was just broken but after a closer look and a call to the front desk to verify, they just don't have exhaust fans in the bathrooms of ANY of the rooms in the hotel. That was just downright strange to me! The pillows they are using on the beds these days are the perfect size for a 30 pound toddler. I have NEVER seen pillows this small in my life and you need a TON of them to even begin to get comfortable, I'm not sure why they are doing this, they didn't used to. The towels in the bathrooms are dingy, no other way to say it and we had to call down to request wash cloths a couple of times during our stay because they didn't give us any. If you need a shower cap like I do, bring your own. We had to call and request service in our room even though we were gone for most of the day, housekeeping did not come until called. This was the first time I have ever experienced this during a stay here so maybe our room was accidentally skipped. That being said, it's still a pretty nice place to stay in Vegas, especially if you need a smoke free environment, the hotel staff is very friendly and I will probably stay here again. The room rates are great as well. We were there for New Years Eve and paid about $150 a night, which was half the cost of any other place.

Room Tip: if you ask, you can get a room with a view of the strip
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. It seems that overall you enjoyed your stay as well as the service; however, it is evident that certain aspects were not what you would have expected. Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment this has caused. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to address and resolve these matters; thank you.

We hope you will continue to choose the Las Vegas Renaissance if your travel plans include Las Vegas.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have been staying at the hotel since about a month after it opened. The facilities are very nice, and the hotel staff even nicer. Whenever I visit, everyone goes out of their way to make me feel welcome, from the front desk staff to the two wonderful women, Regina and Alyssa, who greet me in the morning in the upstairs lounge. When we stop by Grill 55 for a light meal or a drink, Joey and the rest of the people who work in the bar always greet us and welcome us back. Their on site restaurant, Envy, is easily one of the best steakhouses I've ever dined at. It's somewhat pricey, but absolutely with it.

So if you are looking for an alternative to the crowds on the strip, without being too far from the action, the Renaissance is definitely a great place to go.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty! We love hearing about experiences such as yours and we are ecstatic to receive such positive comments about our overall property and especially the staff service. We will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here while my wife attended a conference. It is next door to the South entrance of the conference center and within easy walking distance of the shuttle. They don't have any casinos in the hotel so it was very quiet compared to other Vegas hotels I've been in. The Fitness room was immaculate and had top notch equipment. They have 3 restaurants in the hotel which provided good food and a decent Vegas price. The staff was very helpful and provided good advice on places to go and eat. If you like to walk there are plenty of sidewalks and if you're adventurous you could walk to the strip on a cool day. Our room was comfortable and very quiet. This is definitely where I will stay next time I visit Vegas. My wife and I found out that it was slightly less expensive for us to take a taxi to the airport compared to a shuttle. The shuttle was 8 bucks a person while a taxi only cost us 13 bucks.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jbjdaman
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your stay. It is fantastic that our property, restaurants and staff service exceeded your expectations and we will very much look forward to welcoming you and your wife again in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had a great experience here. We stayed here for my husband's birthday, complimentary because of his silver elite status. The staff did not compromise service because of the discount, though.

When we first checked in, we were given room 410. The door handle fell off in the inside. Also noticed that the wall art in the bathroom was hung upside down. No big deal but the front desk staff was nice enough to give us a new room on the 12th floor.

When we got to the new room, there was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. A very nice touch.

The hotel is very close to the convention center and a walk away from the strip. It would have been nice to have an information book that most hotels have that orients travelers to the general area and to the hotel. Maybe that's in the works. The monorail is very close and will take you to the strip for $5. But the front desk staff won't tell you tips like that; they said that there was no information book because the hotel doesn't really have that many amenities and then offered some generic tour brochures. Thought that was an odd comment but maybe it was his first day.

At night, it was very quiet in the halls. It was nice to have a non-smoking space to come home to. The rooms were clean and housekeeping did a great job of tidying while we were out. The decor feels fresh. Aveda products! There was also free cider in the lobby. My only complaint is that the air gets pulled under the door and creates a whistle that is apparent when it is really quiet. Otherwise, great hotel experience.

The front desk staff were very helpful. When we needed some tickets printed, the front desk guy was nice enough to just print off one sheet versus paying $5 in the business center.

We had dessert at the bar (I don't know the name because there is no info book). I recommend the chocolate torte. The service was good.

Great experience here. I would come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip-facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Minnesota T
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Happy belated birthday to your husband! Although your stay started off a little rocky, it is great to know that our staff was able to recover for your special birthday getaway.

We appreciate your suggestion in regard to providing local information and will certainly utilize this feedback as a training tool.

Also, thank you for letting us know about the “whistle” in the guest room. Without this information, we would not have the opportunity to make the necessary changes to ensure the comfort of our future guests.

We are thankful for your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future.