“What a Hotel Should Be”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #67 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Despite being 'off-strip' this hotel provides what a traveler looks for; clean and quiet rooms, accommodating staff and no annoying cling and ding of slot machines. The staff are attentive, room service is reasonably priced and the bar and lounge decent as well. A couple of drawbacks, the need to take a taxi or ride the monorail but all in all a pleasant experience. For anyone attending a convention who doesn't need 24/7 access to gaming tables this would be an ideal choice, a short walk to the cavernous convention halls.

Room Tip: Views aren't the best given the location but there are plenty of elevators and never a long wait...
2  Thank OSHCON
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We are so happy to hear that you appreciated so much about our business-traveler friendly atmosphere! We are honored to earn a seal approval from such a seasoned traveler! We do hope if your travels in the future include Las Vegas, that you would stay with us.

Safe travels to you always.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel

Reviewed July 2, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Amy T
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I exhibit at the convention center every year. They moved our trade show to the south hall. We chose this hotel because it was close to that hall. I have to tell you, stay here. The hotel is non smoking, the staff was perfect, the rooms were great, the food was great and no casino! We could not have asked for better or friendlier service. And to top it off the rate was $59 a night!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank deb m

How terrific to hear your show was moved to the south hall and you were able to choose to stay with us this year! It is a sincere honor to know that a Senior Contributor on TripAdvisor has given us a stamp of approval and that you enjoyed so much about your stay. Thank you so much for your recommendation. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I spent a lovely week in the Renaissance. We chose to say here as it was away from the strip and close to the Monorail/convention centre and handy for getting around.
The hotel itself was not far from the Airport, Had a Gym and Swimming pool, for those who wanted to use it. The facilities were clean and well attended. The only negative to mention-would be the dust on the furniture in our room. So attention to cleaning could be improved.
Staff was very welcoming, attentative, freindly and helpful. Some could not do enough for you and it was nice the bar staff remembered your previous order/or your name.
We dined at Envy and Grill 55. Meals were of good taste and plentiful
Towards the end of our stay here, the hotel became quite busy as the Convention Conference Centre use was in full Use Renaissance is more geared up a business hotel - so we did not let this hamper our stay. The hotel was certainly buzzing during this time.
All in All I would not hesitiate to recommend this hotel or to re-visit.

Room Tip: We were located on the 12th Floor overlooking the Monorial and hotels on the strip. Very picturesqu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Avrilreid

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, both unfavorable and favorable. We are so happy that almost all of your feedback was great, but we also appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. The feedback we receive here is a priceless tool in enabling us to maintain and improve our guest experience. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and that you have wonderful things to say about the property, as well as our ambassadors. We want every impression our guests have to be memorable and flawless, so we could not be more pleased to learn that you would return and recommend us.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to serve you the next time you visit Las Vegas.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I had to come for a business meeting. Nice change from the big hotels with casinos. It was smoke free except for outside by the pool. The front door was a short walk to the monorail easy enough to get to the strip and get back without the drama.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Wjaramillo

Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your positive feedback. It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be suitable for your business travel needs. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

So I must have caught these guys on an off week. Seems like they normally score fairly well on TA, but my stay was so bad I felt compelled to write a review.

The property itself is nice, modern and clean. It's a great alternative to the normal Vegas casino hotels and being right next door to the Convention Center, is a convenient choice for doing business there. So, in a vacuum where customer service is not required, it's a good hotel. But, unfortunately I had some major issues which were, in the end, not addressed by the staff. And by "staff" I really mean the management.

The hotel is now using thermostats which are set centrally by the engineering staff in an effort to, according to the first staff member I spoke with, "save money...and be environmentally conscious." I'm actually all in agreement about being environmentally-friendly. I try to turn my thermostat up when I leave the room for the day, save my towels and turn off lights, etc. but to go so far as to decide what temp my room should be set to is taking it way too far. I am paying to stay at your property, not staying at my penny-pinching grandparents' house. Listen, I'm not actually griping over a couple of degrees of a/c, I'm talking about a thermostat that was set to 85 when I arrived to my room each day when the temps outside were well over 100. The thermostat then reset itself from a cool temp to 85 throughout my stay--often in the middle of the night.

The major problem I have is with the non-action the hotel took to remedy my bad experience. Of course they sent the engineer up to check it out each time (every day, mind you). They would tinker with the settings and it would fix itself for a time, but usually when I returned late after an exhausting day of business and meetings it would be over 85 again. The frustrating part is that each time I called, I had to explain the issue from the beginning. You would think they might have taken this down at some point. How else are you (as a manager) going to spot issues in service or facility before they grow to major issues if not for keeping track of these things? I was of course offered a different room, but was told I would have to pack my stuff, go downstairs and get a new room. What an inconvenience! When I objected I was told they were "really busy."

Overall, these service issues continued throughout the 5 night stay. (Didn't even mention the other small issues like the day housekeeping missed my room and the fact that the Club has a terrible breakfast selection--I've seen much better in lower-end hotels.) And this all could have been remedied by a call or visit from a manager. I gave plenty of opportunities and was even promised a call but nothing. The night before checkout and then the next day at checkout, the supervisors acted as if they hadn't heard anything about my problems--and they probably hadn't because no one took the step to reach out to me. I was offered nothing for my inconveniences until I pushed the issue at checkout. What did I get? $50 off the rate of one room night. That is, according to the desk manager, "the standard compensation." Wow. I'm done with Marriott. Hyatt I'm coming back, for good.

7  Thank JetsetterFL

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We are disappointed to learn of the engineering issues you experienced with your air conditioning and apologize that we did not respond appropriately. Our goal is to ensure a high level of customer service and in this instance we did not live up to that standard. It is through such feedback as yours, that we can address service shortfalls and improve our level of service. Please rest assured that we will look into this further. Since we have taken great steps to upgrade our energy efficiency in our rooms, we are now able to monitor individual room temperatures online and will need to evaluate this with our vendor, as we did not see any spikes in recent weeks of high guest room temperatures.

Thank you again so much for your comments. We will use your feedback to investigate further. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here as a non-gaming alternate during the recent IPW show. Very nice property. Clean, quiet and competent staff. Not alot of interaction with staff but all were professional when needed. Did not use the pool so can't comment on that. Lounge was great. Good, friendly service and cold beers, all you can ask for when its 110 degrees plus outside!!
Stayed on Club level and the club was great. Good breakfasts and afternoon offerings were surprisingly filling. Cold water and pop available and daily papers. Great way to start or end a day.
Will return next time have event at Convention Center.

1  Thank jhskier1

First, thank you! We appreciate your stamp of approval. As an International Pow Wow attendee, we know that you “get” travel and you know hotels, so we can’t place a price tag on your feedback. It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be the ideal hotel choice while attending trade shows at the LVCC. Of course we hope to be able to serve you during the next show you attend at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Until then, we wish you safe travels!