New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Not half bad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Let me start by staying I've never stayed off strip before, so after the likes of Wynn, Bellagio, etc. I had low expectations. Stayed here on business for a conference and I was pleasantly surprised. First, theree is no casino in this hotel which is great if you are not a player because there is NO SMOKING and that's awesome. There was a decent pool and bar. It is very close to the monorail if you want to get around on the cheap. So I would stay he again if I was on a budget or needed to be near the convention center. The one thing I found Bizzare was the lamps in the room near the bed. You couldn't get your finger into the the little crack to turn the light off and on. Very poor design. The sheets arent up to standard Marriott quality either. Otherwise this place is fine and if you dont spend much time in the room and are looking for a cheap, clean, convenient place to crash for a few nights.

1 Thank 5STARz
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised when you took a chance and stayed with us (off strip) recently! We agree that our smoke free atmosphere is a much preferred alternative to what you will find on the strip in the casinos. While we’re happy you enjoyed your stay, we appreciate you mentioning the bedside lamp. We will look into this, as we agree it would be difficult to operate if you are not able to reach the mechanism. We appreciate feedback such as this, as it provides us with invaluable insight.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Tim Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

A traditional business-class hotel where you can walk from front door to your room in a few minutes - you might expect that in most cities, but it is not what normally happens in Vegas - but it happens here. No smoking, no slots, but close enough to the monorail that you can have all the smoke and noise you want in 10-15 minutes. The lounge was small but the food was GREAT! The exercise room was no "casino spa", but had everything I needed. Everyone from the front door on was very gracious and tried hard. I liked the iBahn smartphone app that lets you run the tv from your phone. I look forward to staying here again in a few months. It's a bit of a walk to any nearby restaurants (and at 100+ degrees this week, motivation to go out is limited).

1 Thank XBRL_tripper
We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us and for such a great review here on TripAdvisor! It is truly exciting to hear that our staff took great care of you and that you observed how hard we all try to do so. We also appreciate you pointing out our new iBAHN TV app! It really is convenient to be able to use your phone to change the channel, as our smart phones are tethered to our hands already! We could not be happier to hear you will be staying with us again. We are looking forward to your arrival!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The rooms and the hotel were great. Liked that it had a tub and a separate shower.Room was quiet. We were on the 10th floor over the pool, Not many people using pool at 105 degrees outside.
The things we didn't care for having to ask for water everyday. Would of like to have had a hotel lay out in the room. The other thing was the useless cafe. They had a limited menu and when we ordered they said we don't have that. Well why is it on the menu.
Things we liked there staff is excellent. The young lady that was on duty Sunday at 6:oo was outstanding. She helped us get our boarding passes we don't know much about computers.
Then on Monday June 3rd the two bell hops were also excellent. We were having promblem with our Showtime pick=up. They called show time twice and still no pick up so tthe bell hop got a cab for us. Take a cab over showtime it costed us $13 to go back to the airport. Kudo's to the staff and Thank you to all of you. The bartendaer was really nice to us also. We enjoyed talking to him.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank queenie067
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We appreciate hearing all of the wonderful things you have to say about your experiences with our front office staff and food & beverage team. We also are grateful for your feedback regarding Ego Café. Based on your comments, we have recently made many updates to the menus displayed to accurately list the items served. Reviews such as yours truly do provide us with excellent insight, so we are able to improve every guest's experience.

We hope if your future travel plans include Las Vegas that you would consider staying with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently returned from the Renaissance and would say it was a pleasant hotel. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. The large bathroom was nice as it had a shower and a tub. It had the classic TV, desk and king bed set up, not unlike you would see in other business style hotels. The room was kept relatively clean although some of the furniture edges were showing their age. The TV had all of the regular stations and the wifi was fast enough. I do wonder why Marriott charges for wifi in its more expensive hotels but provides free wifi for the Courtyard properties.

The grounds and lobby amenities were nice and although the pool and the gym were a bit small they were more than adequate for the business traveler.

My big suggestion for the Renaissance would be to include some sort of convenience store in their lobby. It is nice to be away from the strip but this means you are pretty much away from everything. The only options if you don't have a rental would be to catch a cab somewhere or walk down to one of the gas stations and take your chances. It would be nice to be able to purchase water, chips and maybe a beer in the hotel if you didn't want to go for a stroll in the 102o heat!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the Wynn. Very nice view.
2 Thank EvanandNalasDad
We are so happy to hear that you appreciated so much about our business-traveler friendly atmosphere! While we’re happy you enjoyed your stay, we appreciate you mentioning the availability of a convenience store. We actually did put a sundry area in by our café, Ego. I am unsure of when you were looking for these kinds of items as it could be that they were closed at the time, but in any case – we apologize that you were not directed to this space or made aware of its existence. We assure you that it is there with exactly the items you request – beer, chips, sweets, soda, and water – the list goes on. We do hope if your travels in the future include Las Vegas, that you would consider staying with us again and we’ll take you over to Ego for a tour.

Safe travels to you always.

Fountain Hills, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Let me start off by stating that the hotel was wonderful, accommodations were up to the usual Marriott standards. As a Gold member with Marriott we stay frequently. It was close to the strip and the breakfast and shakes were outstanding. We were disappointed after requesting that our 15 passenger van not be parked in the parking garage, but in the over sized vehicle parking below the garage. We were told that they would be happy to accommodate the request, only to find out that they didn't and in doing so they damaged the roof of the van. We were assured by GM that we would be taken care of. Before returning home, we filled out appropriate forms, etc only to find out that the hotel would deny covering our loss after returning home. The repairs of the vehicle were over $2,000! Very disappointed with their customer service and empty promises and assurances.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Libby S
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I would personally be very interested in speaking with you regarding your stay and would welcome you to contact me at your convenience in my office at (702) 784-5761. You can also email me at Tim.Herman@interstatehotels.com should email be your preference.

Thank you again for your feedback.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel May 29-June 1. The shower basin backed up due to poor drainage (photo attached). My last day there, I was most horrified to discover blood stains on my sheets (see photos attached) and an unknown stain on my comforter. After talking with a colleague, she alerted me that the three blood stains that I saw could be a sign of bed bugs. I was even more concerned. I brought this to the attention of the front desk, showing my photos and was asked to email a generic address. There was no apology, no offer for recompense. Not one thing. I received one voice mail from someone who said they were from operations but upon trying to call the person back unsuccessfully three times (1. I left a voice mail, 2. I was told by the person who answered the phone that he was busy, 3. Left another message with a staff person), I decided the hotel wasn't seriously concerned about my experience or the health, safety and cleanliness of its guests.

Upon arriving home, as a precaution, I bagged my clothes and other belongings and washed what I could in hot water. I left the non-washable items in the car on a hot day so that if bed bugs were present, the heat would kill them. Beware.

The hotel rooms, food and lobby are nice but what good is that if you can't get clean linens, a shower that works and management who is responsive. I am a Gold member so I stay at lots of Marriott properties. Unfortunately, despite its close proximity to the convention center, this is not one I will stay at again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the strip are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mybiggestfan
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept our sincere apology for the service failures you experienced during your stay with us. The service and responses you received from our staff are not indicative of our mutual standards. We take pride in our ability to deliver a memorable guest experience, but clearly missed in the mark in these instances. It is through such feedback as yours, that we can address shortfalls and make necessary improvements.

I would personally be very interested in speaking with you regarding your stay and would welcome you to contact me at your convenience in my office at (702) 784-5751. You can also email me at Tim.Herman@interstatehotels.com should email be your preference. Thank you again for your feedback, so we can get address these challenges and prevent them from happening in the future.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I only spent one night at the Renaissance Las Vegas, but my room was great and the staff were friendly. This was my first time staying at a hotel that was off the strip. It's definitely quieter and is a great location to stay if you are attending an event at the convention center.

I have Marriott Gold status--but this was only my second time staying at a Renaissance. I have enjoyed my stays at both of the Renaissance Hotels that I stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AndrewBVA
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that there was so much you enjoyed during your brief visit with us. We hope you do allow us the opportunity to welcome you to Las Vegas in the future.