“Pleasant stay but beware of paper-thin walls”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #72 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel in order to attend a business conference in Vegas.
I picked this hotel because of its proximity to the monorail and brand loyalty to Marriott.
I was very pleased with the location. Easy walk to the monorail. Not even 5 minutes.
BTW, if you are Marriott-loyal, this hotel's location is actually MUCH better than the nearby Courtyard. The Courtyard, you have to cross a busy street, and you'll have to wait longer to cross that street to get to the monorail than you'll spend walking from the Ren. Plus the Ren is a much nicer hotel in all aspects I care about (service, room, amenities, etc).
Check in was a little awkward and slow. They did apologize for my wait and the line confusion (a few folks broke in line, but it was a confusing checkin scene).
I was on my way to my room. I ran into a couple of issues immediately. The vending machine dispensed a drink with syrup or something on it, like something had spilled on it. The room next to mine had a TV and music blaring.
The main thing to me is not that everything has to go perfectly, but that if I raise concerns, the hotel handles them professionally and promptly. My in-person concerns were handled with a sincere apology, and offer of a free drink from the bar (I appreciate small signs of goodwill) and refund for my vending machine drink, and a new room. All was resolved in my mind.
The new room was larger, and had a fridge (not sure if all rooms have them), both of which are plusses to me.
I enjoyed the rest of my stay and it was pretty much uneventful, which is what I wanted.
However, to be clear, I could hear every word of a sales call the room next to me was having. Crystal clear every word. And this person was speaking in a normal, assertive but not obnoxious phone voice.
This didn't ruin the stay, but can't be a 5-rated hotel with walls this thin. Be careful about what you talk about in the room, because the walls have ears, whether you (or the listener) likes it or not.
I did not visit the concierge lounge, so I have no feedback on that.
I might stay here again. I like the perks of the Marriott brand, the room is fine, and it is close to the monorail. However, I have stayed at better location in Vegas. There are many to choose from, so look around.

Room Tip: high floor can give you a decent view of Vegas
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank valor155
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, both unfavorable and favorable, as the information we receive is a priceless tool in enabling us to maintain and improve our guest experience. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and that you have wonderful things to say about the property as well as our location. We want every impression our guests have to be memorable and flawless, so we apologize for the missteps during your stay.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to serve you the next time you visit Las Vegas.

Tim Herman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

If you have business at the convention center, have no desire to deal with the hassle and frenzy of the Strip hotels and do not require an on-site casino, then the Renaissance is your perfect lodging choice.

This full-service property offers comfortable accommodations without over-the-top gltz, massive public spaces jammed with fun seekers or dozens of overpriced restaurants. Its contemporary style is tastefully inoffensive and would fit in anywhere. The spacious rooms are somewhat bland but are outfitted with everything you need. Neutral-toned bathrooms are modern (but not luxurious) and include a bathtub and separate glass-enclosed shower. There is a pool (located in an interior courtyard) and fitness center. The on-site steakhouse is highly rated.

And, of course, since it is located directly behind the Wynn golf course, you can always hike over to Las Vegas Boulevard for a taste of 5 star luxury and a few hands of black jack.

1  Thank MK2000

We sincerely thank you for your recent stay with us and for such a fantastic review here on TripAdvisor. We are so truly happy to hear all of the positive feedback you shared about our hotel amenities, atmosphere, and our convenient proximity to The Strip. The monorail station definitely makes it possible to enjoy that excitement on Las Vegas Boulevard, but get back to peace and quiet for some rest. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our ambassadors. We are sure they will be thrilled to hear you were so pleased with your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We purchased this stay on a Scoopon deal for 3 nights in May 2013. The hotel seemed clean and standard for the rate we were given. I was expecting a lot more for the deal that was advertised but overall was an average stay. Didn't try the restaurant or bar as we were out most of the time and other restaurants attractions were in close proximity. The building did have a bit of a smell about it - not sure what it was. Overall, if you're looking for something clean and close to most attractions I would say give it a go.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bel K

Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your positive feedback. It is a pleasure to hear that there were several aspects of our property that you enjoyed during your stay with us. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a business hotel (hopefully I was here for that). Walls are thin and at 6AM we hear wake-up alarms and shower from the nearby rooms. Staff is very friendly. Always smiling and saying hello.

This hotel is not a walking distance from the strip (and I would not like to walk in the nearby streets at night) but monorail or taxi is a good alternative if you don't have a rental car.

Self parking is free and easy.

Had breakfast at the Envy Steakhouse and it was good, but a little expensive. Did not try it for dinner. Seems expensive.

Rooms are well decorated and clean. Had a great view on Wynn hotel and golf.

Pool is small but ok for business travelers.

Internet is 12 or 13$ for 24 hours by device. Very expensive.

I would choose this hotel only for business purpose.

2  Thank Julie C
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to learn your experiences with our staff as well as in the restaurant and your guest room were positive. We are happy to learn you would stay with us again, even if only for business purposes.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to serve you the next time you are in Las Vegas.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here for a conference in May 2013. I can't comment on "hotel value" because I did not personally pay for my room. But the hotel is relatively new and therefore very clean and "new-looking". The lobby is slick and functional and the staff is very friendly. The restaurants onsite were very nice... especially the steakhouse which is open for breakfast and dinner (the open bar area outside of the steakhouse is open for lunch). The pool area is small and the conference rooms and hallways directly overlook the pool area so while you're out there in your bathing suit, people are dressed for work, looking at you and probably wishing they were you. The rooms are your standard hotel room as far as I could tell. I had a nice king bed that was very comfortable. There is wireless web access all over the complex but it can be spotty. There was a hard web connection in the room too. The bathroom was nicely done with tile and the shower was great. The property is north and east of the strip so you're by the convention center, Las Vegas Hilton and as you look west, you see the Wynn and Encore. There is no casino in the hotel so take that for what it's worth. The monorail system has a stop right at the convention center... about a 5-10 minute walk from the Renaissance. This is the first time I used the monorail and I thought it was excellent. It will take you down to various stops on the strip (Venetian, Harrahs, Flamingo, MGM, etc.) and it goes a bit further north of the convention center as well. You can leave your room at the Renaissance and be sitting at a blackjack table in 15-20 minutes without issue. After leaving the buzz of the strip, it's not necessarily a bad thing to be able to retreat to a quiet place like the Renaissance. I think a lot of people come here for conferences and for that purpose, this hotel does an excellent job.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms appeared to be the same. There are nicer/larger rooms on the top floors otherwise...
1  Thank KenL60089
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Well, we are certainly blushing reading your review on your recent experience with us! I think I can speak for everyone at the Renaissance when I say that we revel in reviews such as yours because everyone loves positive feedback on a job well done. I will certainly be sharing your review with the team. We truly appreciate your detailed review and all of the terrific comments you made on our service, location, and calm atmosphere.

We hope all of these things have earned your loyalty in your future travels to Las Vegas.

To: Management Team/Customer Service,

We arrived in Las Vegas at 10:15 PM after a long journey from TN/KS. My fiancé and I were hoping for nice meals at the Envy Restaurant, but they were already closed.
The bartender offered us other options, but we wanted big steaks. He then asked us to wait while he checked to see if the cook was still there. He said that Carlos (grill cook) would go ahead and prepare two 17 oz. rib eye steaks for us. It was delicious. The steak absolutely melted in our mouths. To impress a cattleman – my fiancé – that produces beef products around the US…very impressive in my book.

We stayed at the Renaissance Las Vegas in January. When we did, the front of house was extremely helpful and greeted us with smiles. The room was exceptionally clean. I tried to book a room for our recent trip, but the associate’s rate was not available. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn instead. Carlos and the rest of his team made our first visit an unforgettable one though, and our experience then lead us back for the food even if we could not stay in house.

The best service we received was from Joshua, our waiter. He made our dining experience unforgettable, and the manager and the rest of the staff made frequent checks to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our meals. The steaks were once again fit for a king, the perfect temperature, and the presentation was perfection. For desert, we had chocolate cake with light caramel and whipping cream. It was delicious.

Thank you for multiple dining experiences and a restful night.

Victoria Layne
Chattanooga Marriott the Convention Center, Chattanooga, TN
Shaner Corp.
vlayne@shanercorp.com

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria L

Wow! We cannot place a price tag on your feedback! Thank you so much for this review and the stamp of approval on our steaks by your cattleman (and fiancé). We don’t think there could possibly be a better authority! We are more than thrilled to learn that your experience in January was so outstanding that you made the trip back to ENVY during your recent visit to Las Vegas. We have already shared your comments with Carlos’ and Joshua’s Managers, so that they will be given the appropriate accolades.

We certainly hope to be able to accommodate you when your future travel plans include Las Vegas.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

east coaster and traveled west. stayed from 5/13 - 5/15 on business travel. suffered severe skin irritation after first night. i thought it was something I had done (and not hotel) but as I sit and type while looking at my arms, i'm convinced the hotel is the culprit. and keep in mind that i'm not allergic to anything, you can imagine how surprised I am. my arms, back, and legs are very sensitive right now. extremely upset. room looked suspect when I walked in but I decided to give it a shot.... :-)

Room Tip: go with your gut. I did not and am paying for it.
1  Thank F M

We appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I would personally be very interested in speaking with you regarding your stay and would welcome you to contact me at your convenience in my office at (702) 784-5750. You can also email me at Tim.Herman@interstatehotels.com should email be your preference.

Thank you again for your feedback.