“Oasis in Las Vegas”

Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #71 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Renaissance Las Vegas is my preferred hotel in Las Vegas. It's smoke free, gaming free and it's right on the monorail line which gets you to most of the major strip hotels in a matter of minutes. The rooms are comfortable, there are plenty of outlets for devices, the parking is easy, the hotel bar has some delicious drink and food offerings (although they are pricey).

I also like the gym at this location. There is a big window that overlooks the pool and has good views of the sky so there's plenty of light. There are lots of machines and weights as well.

The only weird thing about this hotel is the pool area, it's small and cramped, but I don't go here for the pool experience anyway.

3  Thank Jon M
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you have many positive things to say about our hotel, our convenient location and especially our fitness center. We certainly understand the importance of sticking to your workout routine when traveling for business.

Should your future travel plans include Las Vegas, we hope you will stay with us again.

Tim Herman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,717)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Perfect location if attending the Las Vegas Convention Center. The hotel is located right next door to the south convention center halls. The monorail station is also a short walk away. Staff were helpful. Hotel was clean and comfortable. $10 cab ride to the strip. No casino makes it a relaxing lobby. Hotel got busier by Thursday night so the noise level increased slightly, but not intolerable. Pool is in a courtyard in the center of the hotel resulting in limited direct sunlight.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are happy to learn our location and non-gaming atmosphere were suitable to your needs. Your positive recognition of these characteristics of our property here on TripAdvisor is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to serve you the next time you are in Las Vegas.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Was really looking forward to staying in this hotel because it is smoke and gaming free. It is farther off the strip than I expected, but the monorail is close by, and we enjoyed riding it (very clean and fast). Our room was pretty standard, but the ac wasn't working the first day of our stay, and the hotel halls stayed warm throughout. The most disappointing aspect of our stay was the failure to clean our room on our last full day. We slept late so put the do not disturb sign out, but were up and out of our room by noon. After being gone 10 hours, we returned to a messy room with no clean towels. When we contacted the front desk, we were informed that if the DOD sign is out on housekeeping's first pass, they will not return to clean your room. That's simply sub-standard service. I will not return to this property.

1  Thank TByrd07

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a less than ideal experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the service failures you experienced by way of your engineering and housekeeping issues. After reviewing your comments, we have shared them with the respective departments to ensure the elimination of such experiences as yours in the future. Again, I apologize that we fell short of our service expectations during your stay. Reviews such as yours let us know where we need to focus on service and attention to detail.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

At first, the location of this hotel may put you off. It's a little far from the strip but if you want no gaming and a smoke free environment, you might want to reconsider. The monorail station is very close and made it easy to get to and from the strip. It runs well past midnight for the late night folks.

Restaurant service is slow and if they have a crowd, it's practically serve yourself. Food was good, however.

The thing that finally did me in was the fact they failed to clean our room on the last day of our visit. We slept in and put up the do not disturb. However, when we left at noon, and hospitality was still down the hall, we removed the sign. When we returned 10 hours later our room still had not been cleaned. When we called they were happy to come but it was too late for that. We later learned it is hotel policy not to clean the room if the dnd sign is up on their first pass. They will not check back. For this reason, I would not stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PeggyLovesDogs

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Although we were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and that you appreciated our location, we sincerely apologize for the service shortfall you experienced during your stay. We were disappointed to learn you needed to contact housekeeping to ultimately have your room cleaned. We appreciate your feedback as it provides us with opportunities to improve service.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel on a recent trip to Vegas for a conference. I really enjoyed the quiet and peaceful atmosphere of the hotel. Good place to stay when you want the freedom to take a break from the smoke and the casino atmophere. Great location to get to almost any point on the trip. My conference was at MGM, which is very easy to get to from this hotel. Will look to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We were pleased to learn that our atmosphere and location were to your liking during your stay with us. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I scored some well-priced vouchers for this hotel on TravelZoo -- otherwise I would never have considered it, and BOY am I glad I did.

This is a non-gaming hotel, and it's elegant and comfortable and the service was spectacular.

I had breakfast in the restaurant (Envy) each day, which was great. Maria took great care of me. Even had little shots of smoothie for everyone as a welcome. If it's too pricey for you for breakfast, there's a cafe down the hall that I'm told has great breakfast sandwiches. But if not, start your day right by eating there, and be sure to ORDER THE DUTCH PANCAKE. It's scrumptious.

I had dinner in the restaurant, too -- it's a steakhouse, a really good one. Greatest waiter ever (Joshua). I ordered blood orange ceviche as an appetizer, and it was excellent. The caesar salad was also excellent, and the 40-oz bone-in ribeye I shared with my friend was especially excellent (could have fed 3 people), as was the whiskey cream corn. And the sticky toffee pudding!! Nothing in that meal was just OK, it was all excellent. (Check restaurant.com before you go!)

I also had a late-nite nosh at the lobby bar one night, and it was excellent, too! Bartenders were great, too.

The valets/bell guys were awesome -- super attentive and helpful. Same with front desk staff. In fact, when I arrived, I'd had a rough flight and mentioned it had been a rough day, and one of the front desk guys (who wasn't even helping me) smiled and said, "Well, you're here now and we're going to take good care of you. Everything's going to be fine." It was just a little thing, but it felt so welcoming. I needed it at that moment.

Housekeeping did a couple odd things, like leaving a used ice bucket as-was for two days and not clearing the dirty glass next to it either. But I hate to even mention that, because everything else was way more perfect than I had any right to expect. It may have been creepy if housekeeping DIDN'T flub that one.

The rooms were not spectacular but very nice. The TV was nice & big and HD. The bathroom was wonderful, with the granite sink and a separate shower from the bathtub. Everything was super clean. The amenities were Aveda -- I love that. One qualm, though: the only mirror in the room was in the bathroom. There needs to be another mirror out in the room. That's the strongest criticism I have, and it really ain't no thang.

Anyway, I highly recommend this place! I'll be back for sure, even without discount vouchers!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank KarenKate7
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent visit and for selecting us as your “new home base” in Las Vegas. We appreciate such a distinction from a first time guest! It is not easy to properly express what it means to us to receive a review such as yours. Our entire leadership team broke out in applause upon hearing all of the wonderful things you had to say. Your praise and sentiments are a perfect snapshot of what we strive to deliver to every guest. We sincerely appreciate your comments as they confirm we are delivering excellent guest service.

We are already looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night only, and we used points. I absolutely loved this hotel. It is beautifully decorated, and just off the strip. Since it was right next to the convention center on a Wednesday, it was mostly business people staying. I loved that there were no casinos and no smoking. It is an easy walk to the monorail station, which we used to get back and forth to the strip. The bed was AMAZING. We both slept 12 hours! I am seriously considering buying whatever bed they have here! I'm a platinum member and had access to the club lounge. It was one of the best club lounges I've ever been to. The coffee was great, and there were hot and cold options - all of which were delicious. The room was so quiet - I heard no street noise (thank you sound proof windows) and no hall noise at all. We had lunch at the onsite restaurant and the food was fabulous. This was truly one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, and if I return to Vegas there is no question as to where I will be staying!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClaireE586
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us and for such a great review here on TripAdvisor. How exciting to hear that there was so much you love about our property! We understand the value of a good night’s sleep, so we are happy to learn that you slept well while you stayed with us. In fact, being a peaceful retreat after the Las Vegas experience is one of the attributes of our property that we take the most pride in. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our ambassadors. We are sure they will be thrilled to hear you were so pleased with your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit.