“My New Home Base in LV”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“My New Home Base in LV”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I scored some well-priced vouchers for this hotel on TravelZoo -- otherwise I would never have considered it, and BOY am I glad I did.

This is a non-gaming hotel, and it's elegant and comfortable and the service was spectacular.

I had breakfast in the restaurant (Envy) each day, which was great. Maria took great care of me. Even had little shots of smoothie for everyone as a welcome. If it's too pricey for you for breakfast, there's a cafe down the hall that I'm told has great breakfast sandwiches. But if not, start your day right by eating there, and be sure to ORDER THE DUTCH PANCAKE. It's scrumptious.

I had dinner in the restaurant, too -- it's a steakhouse, a really good one. Greatest waiter ever (Joshua). I ordered blood orange ceviche as an appetizer, and it was excellent. The caesar salad was also excellent, and the 40-oz bone-in ribeye I shared with my friend was especially excellent (could have fed 3 people), as was the whiskey cream corn. And the sticky toffee pudding!! Nothing in that meal was just OK, it was all excellent. (Check restaurant.com before you go!)

I also had a late-nite nosh at the lobby bar one night, and it was excellent, too! Bartenders were great, too.

The valets/bell guys were awesome -- super attentive and helpful. Same with front desk staff. In fact, when I arrived, I'd had a rough flight and mentioned it had been a rough day, and one of the front desk guys (who wasn't even helping me) smiled and said, "Well, you're here now and we're going to take good care of you. Everything's going to be fine." It was just a little thing, but it felt so welcoming. I needed it at that moment.

Housekeeping did a couple odd things, like leaving a used ice bucket as-was for two days and not clearing the dirty glass next to it either. But I hate to even mention that, because everything else was way more perfect than I had any right to expect. It may have been creepy if housekeeping DIDN'T flub that one.

The rooms were not spectacular but very nice. The TV was nice & big and HD. The bathroom was wonderful, with the granite sink and a separate shower from the bathtub. Everything was super clean. The amenities were Aveda -- I love that. One qualm, though: the only mirror in the room was in the bathroom. There needs to be another mirror out in the room. That's the strongest criticism I have, and it really ain't no thang.

Anyway, I highly recommend this place! I'll be back for sure, even without discount vouchers!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KarenKate7
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit and for selecting us as your “new home base” in Las Vegas. We appreciate such a distinction from a first time guest! It is not easy to properly express what it means to us to receive a review such as yours. Our entire leadership team broke out in applause upon hearing all of the wonderful things you had to say. Your praise and sentiments are a perfect snapshot of what we strive to deliver to every guest. We sincerely appreciate your comments as they confirm we are delivering excellent guest service.

We are already looking forward to your next stay with us!

Tim Herman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night only, and we used points. I absolutely loved this hotel. It is beautifully decorated, and just off the strip. Since it was right next to the convention center on a Wednesday, it was mostly business people staying. I loved that there were no casinos and no smoking. It is an easy walk to the monorail station, which we used to get back and forth to the strip. The bed was AMAZING. We both slept 12 hours! I am seriously considering buying whatever bed they have here! I'm a platinum member and had access to the club lounge. It was one of the best club lounges I've ever been to. The coffee was great, and there were hot and cold options - all of which were delicious. The room was so quiet - I heard no street noise (thank you sound proof windows) and no hall noise at all. We had lunch at the onsite restaurant and the food was fabulous. This was truly one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, and if I return to Vegas there is no question as to where I will be staying!

1 Thank ClaireE586
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us and for such a great review here on TripAdvisor. How exciting to hear that there was so much you love about our property! We understand the value of a good night’s sleep, so we are happy to learn that you slept well while you stayed with us. In fact, being a peaceful retreat after the Las Vegas experience is one of the attributes of our property that we take the most pride in. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our ambassadors. We are sure they will be thrilled to hear you were so pleased with your stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just had an unexpected dinner at Envy, The Steak House on the ground floor of the Ren LV.

Popped into the foyer for a snack but it was very busy and instead walked into the Steak House. I am not staying at the Ren LV (should have though) but as the conference I am attending has events there it has been a welcome and inviting location each time.

The Steak House staff and meal was outstanding. Joshua and Jorge (and the other staff) provided the best table service and atmosphere, nothing was an issue and they had time for a chat to a passing visitor, me.

The Sea Bass was indescribable, sensational. Most Steak Houses seem to have a fish dish or two to cover all bases for dinners but this was top of the bill for me. Chef Christoff needs to leave this on the menu for all time and elevate it to a house specialty.

I could not recommend this eatery more highly. Both team and food were top class, thank you.

Gerry T Australia

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerry T
Thank you for your recent visit with us at ENVY The Steakhouse and for your positive feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to learn you were well taken care of by our entire team and that your meal was a memorable one. We know if takes time to post reviews and we appreciate that you were so compelled to do so after your experience with us. Thank you again for your review. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you at ENVY in the future.

Washington, DC
Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you're looking for a 'normal' lodging experience in Vegas, the Renaissance is a good choice. There are No slot machines, it's smoke free, family friendly, modern and has well maintained rooms and public areas. After a day on the Strip, it's a welcome reprieve.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank romadaro
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We appreciate you taking a moment to offer your feedback on your recent stay with us. We particularly enjoy reviews such as yours, because you addressed all of the areas we take the most pride in. Thank you for calling attention to what we like most about our property and most importantly staying with us.

For your next trip to Las Vegas, we hope that you will choose us to serve you again.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Cheers to the hotel management for remedying a reservation error. We were booked for a double, but ended up in a King with 3 people. And, who likes roll-aways? They upgraded us to a suite the next 3 nights. The suite was great since we were with a large group of 30 people including teenage girls in town for a volleyball tournament at the convention center.
Overall the rooms are nicely appointed. Nice lobby and bar area. We ate lunch at the bar several times. It was always crowded and they did appear understaffed in that area. The pool was adequate, but very little sun hits it. My husband said the fitness center was awesome. Walking distance to convention center. One block to monorail station. Quick tip- if you have more that 3 people goig to the strip, take a taxi. It's about $10-$12 bucks to Harrah's or the Mirage. The monorail is $5 each way.

Room Tip: Suites are large with an extra 1/2 bath.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank afgorman
TimHerman, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

While we are sorry to learn you needed to room change after checking in, we are so pleased to hear that you had so many other wonderful things to say about your stay and our property. We are hopeful that your upgrade to a suite mitigated the space challenge you all faced during your first night with us.

Should you be in Las Vegas for a volleyball tournament or any other reason, we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights this past week. We usually stay on the strip when visiting for fun but decided to try something new. The hotel was nice and the staff we encountered were all very friendly.

The room was modern and comfortable but the views were nothing to write home about and the pool area does not get very much sunlight, especially during the winter months. As elite members, we were able to enjoy the executive lounge only one morning which had a nice variety for breakfast but we noticed certain items like a banana or diet coke were not out and we had to ask for them. Also, during the rest of the day only water was available, I have never seen this before at an upscale Marriott property, and I was extremely disappointed the lounge was not open during the weekend and Ego cafe was not that enjoyable.

Although we were only a $10 cab ride to the strip and the bellmen were very helpful, it was a bit inconvenient and I’m not sure if I would stay there again for pleasure, especially on the weekend, maybe for business only during the week, but again I was expecting a bit more from a Renaissance property.

2 Thank mrstats69
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent visit. Although we were pleased to hear that you found your room and our atmosphere to be suitable to your needs, we are disappointed to learn about your experience in our Club Lounge. Our goal is to ensure the highest level of guest service and in this instance – we did not live up to our mutual standards, as we should be refreshing our offerings consistently. Also, we are sorry you were not provided with the proper credentials at check in for breakfast in our restaurant. The Club Lounge is not available on weekends, however you should have been given the option to dine elsewhere for the breakfast you would have had in the Club Lounge. We thank you for sharing this feedback with us, as it provides us with the opportunity to address service shortfalls and improve our level of service.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future and assure you a much improved experience.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Since our daughter went to UNLV and we like Vegas, we have been to many of the properties both on and off the strip. This one is our new favorite. We stayed here for 6 nights and I can't say anything was other that great. Youssef checked us in and spent the time reviewing everything in our package that included 2 free breakfasts and 2 drinks at the bar each day. He was so cordial and said to check my bill in 2 days to insure everything is billed properly. Both Doormen were wonderful and greeted us warmly each time we arrived and departed.
Our room was wonderful and the bed very comfortable. Our bath had both a tub and shower and my wife loved that fact. The breakfasts at Envy are expensive, ($20 each is easy), but was included in our package and were excellent.
Even though you are off the strip, we rent a car each time so we will not loose too much money in the casinos. That is a plus for us since we are not winners at the tables it seems. There is a monorail stop a block away so if you don't mind the walk a car is not needed. We mostly go for the shows and the food and are not disappointed that way.
All in all a great property next to the convention center on Paradise. If you are looking for an off the strip place convenient to the strip, give this a look at.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room facing the Strip.
1 Thank RandR1948
Thank you for your recent visit with us and for your positive feedback. We could not be happier to learn we’ve earned your endorsement as a “favorite”! We know this is not an easy title to earn when there are so many choices in Las Vegas. Reviews such as yours are a pleasure to share with our staff, as it is particularly inspiring confirmation that we are indeed delivering great experiences to our guests.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that if your future travel plans include Las Vegas – you will stay with us again.

Go Rebels!