“Save your money, Go to Outback instead”

Lawry's The Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
Lawry's The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 5,004 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Transit: Lawry's is located 1/4 mile East of Las Vegas Blvd. at the intersection of Flamingo and Howard Hughes Parkway. There are no public transit stops accessible from Las Vegas Blvd, however there are many hotels that have shuttles and taxi cabs available.
Description: Lawry's The Prime Rib invites you to a lavish dinner experience found nowhere else on or off the strip. Enjoy the beautiful Art Deco design, exceptional service and unique menu featuring our famous Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef carved tableside from gleaming silver carts. At Lawry's in Vegas, rich traditions, warm hospitality and award-winning food make for a sure bet.
Reviewed June 25, 2006

If you've ever had good prime rib, Lawry's was just downright terrible. The atmosphere was a flashback to the 70's and almost bizzare. The "timeless/classic" feel I think they were striving for just made it feel like an old faded diner. Maybe this was a nice establishment 20 years ago, but it needed some updates. Badly.

As I mentioned, the prime rib was not good. It wasn't bad - I didn't want to spit it out, but certainly was not what I was expecting based upon the reviews I had read here. Instead of letting the meat cook patiently in its own juices, properly, with the right seasoning, it seemed that salt was the only seasoning used here. My "medium" temperature slab was close to charred on the edges, very salty and only the very center of it was really the right temperature. Cooking temperature, I mean. The prime rib was luke-warm, almost cold. The mashed potatos that the carver literally threw onto the plate (maybe that was flair??) was luke warm, and very very thick. Like the boxed mashed potatos you make and let it get cold thick. The asparagus was ok.

By the way, the rib is not prepared to order. It's pre-cooked and carved to order. They roll out this giant beetle-looking cart that houses the whole side of the cow that has already been cooked and is steadily being warmed and dried out by the gas burners going in the cart itself. So you'll have your entree in about 10 min. The carver then eyeballs the approximate weight of the slab you want, cuts it (mine was suspiciously smaller than my husband's.. maybe women can't handle their meat >:-0 ) and puts it on a plate, throws mashed potatoes next to it and smothers it all in au jus and gravy.

Save your money. Get a good strip or porterhouse from the Outback. You'll enjoy it much more. For a better "expensive" and romantic meal, hit an Emeril's restaurant. Delmonico's was fabulous and the N.O. Fish House even better.

For the petty stuff: the service staff uniforms, the decor, etc. as I mentioned before, were flashbacks from some time before I was born. Because you throw a tablecloth on a table doesn't make it a nice restaurant.

6  Thank traveler730
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed May 23, 2006

I just have been in LV for a week, according to the reviews from this site, this site is must go, so we go... once and twice. What a must!. Fantastic meat and service, we didn't have a reservation (recomended) but go anyway, the first time a waiting time of 10 minutes and the second of 30 minutes. Well worth it.

Next time I go to LV, I am going back!!

4  Thank crazyforlasvegas
Reviewed March 16, 2006

I was in Vegas for a NAB convention and the person I was with made the trip awful, but the experience at Lawry's just before we left town made up for it all! I am a big Bogart fan and it felt like I was in one of his movies with the decor. I really tried to savor the moment, and the food was wonderful. I had the Rib Eye which if I remember was actually Prime Rib but then it was grilled over flames like steaks should be cooked! It melted in my mouth, was so flavorful, juicy, did I say tender? Everywhere I looked the Art Deco style jumped out at me and made the food all the better. The last bite of that wonderful steak was a sad but satisfying moment. I will be back, and will be sure to add the Lobster this time. This time I will not be with a jerk, and will enjoy the experience even more. I am looking forward to the trip this time more for Lawry's than anything else! The service was so friendly, and top notch, and I still can't decide which I liked better, the food or the Art Deco Bogart movie setting! Please build one in Pensacola, Florida! - Thanks so much - from a TV Producer

9  Thank MartinSimmons
Reviewed March 5, 2006

i made a mistake. i ordered a rib eye steak. i should not have ordered it and it was very ordinary, and i shall not ever order any thing other than the prime rib here again. we had a large party, 14. all but two of us got prime rib, the other two ordered ribeye. the mistake was in not knowing to order prime rib in a place known for excellent prime rib. the prime rib was exceptional, full flavored, perfectly presented and served with a powerhouse horseradish. it was devine in every respect. the sub par steak did not even take away from the excellence of the meal as the service over came that flaw alomst immediately. the spinning salad was tasty, the service impectable, and the drinks man sized and strong. it was a perfect evening.

9  Thank Bbqman3341
Reviewed March 3, 2006

We returned to Lawry's on this Vegas trip with memories of our last meal there some years ago, still fresh in our minds. It was the best meal we had in Vegas back then and it was again, ont his trip too.

Fabulous food. Beautiful decor. Love the leather booths and velet seating. The staff is charming. We can't say enough nice things about this place.

The only thing that detracted from our feast is: Lawry's is an elegant restaurant, everything is done really well here, they put so much effort into their food and presentation and decor it really detracts from the whole experience if you don't dress for dinner, at least a little. It was a bit off putting to see some people shuffle in wearing dirty jeans and t-shirts and plop themselves down amidst this refined decor. To their credit, Lawrys treated these people who couldn't bother to get dressed very well regardless. But a great meal does taste better if you're dressed for dinner and most people were cleaned up. Many men were in jackets and ties.

This is a fabulous restaurant. You will never have a better Prime Rib. Or a Yorshire Pudding made as well. I had the Salmon which was perfect too. And the desserts are, well...beyond good. Especially the Triffle. We wish they would open a Lawry's in New York. Make sure and make a reservation and ask to be seated in the main diningroom. Otherwise you might end up in Siberia, (a rear dning area) Enjoy your meal!

8  Thank Suzanne S