“Best Prime Rib”

Lawry's The Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
Lawry's The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 5,057 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Flamingo
Transit: Lawry's is located 1/4 mile East of Las Vegas Blvd. at the intersection of Flamingo and Howard Hughes Parkway. There are no public transit stops accessible from Las Vegas Blvd, however there are many hotels that have shuttles and taxi cabs available.
Description: Lawry's The Prime Rib invites you to a lavish dinner experience found nowhere else on or off the strip. Enjoy the beautiful Art Deco design, exceptional service and unique menu featuring our famous Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef carved tableside from gleaming silver carts. At Lawry's in Vegas, rich traditions, warm hospitality and award-winning food make for a sure bet.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a lovely experience. I made our reservations the night before on Open Table and we were able to get right in when we arrived. I loved the classic 1940's ambiance and attire the staff wears. The service was top shelf and the food was perfect. They pretty much only serve Prime Rib in about 5 different sizes and then I think there were 3 other menu choices and that is it. your Prime rib comes with a really really tasty salad (you do not get a salad dressing choice) that has their special salad dressing spun on it and mashed potatoes. If you want a baked potato or a side of veggies, it will be an additional charge.
I think it is spendy, but a good special occasion restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The menu is just like the name- centered around Prime Rib. There was a ribeye steak available and lobster tails but make no mistake it is all about the Prime Rib. If you want chicken or something else look elsewhere because the few things they do here they do exceptionally well. The spinning salad served with their house thousand island dressing was delicious and neat to watch them prepare. The prime rib when it comes out is served on a domed cart that pulls up table side so you can always change your mind for the cut size and can be reminded of the different ones before you decide. There are extra sides in the cart that you can get for a little charge but it did come with mashed potatoes and gravy that were delicious. We ordered some sauteed mushrooms to have on the side and they were incredible, buttery and lots of chopped garlic that added a nice touch but wasn't overpowering. The server was knowledgeable and polite and when my sister who is allergic to dairy had to make some alterations he was more than happy to accommodate her choices. The key lime pie was delicious and my sister found the sherbert to be incredible as well. We all left stuffed. Let me say it was pleasurable and well worth what came out to be about $50-60 per person before tip. A nice special occasion spot to go or if you just feel like splurging on a meal and want to be treated well this is a great spot to go.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

A very classy Vegas steakhouse with great ambiance and a quiet time off the strip. Going back and would recommend to anyone

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We dine here twice a year while visiting Vegas. The last two times I've noticed that service has slipped. I make our reservations online through Open Table at least a week prior to our trip. The last two visits they've made us wait 10-15 minutes for our table to be prepared, even though there were visibly MANY tables open and available. Service has slipped... the service is slower and takes too long to check on table in between drinks, refills, meal, etc. Takes a very long time to receive the check. Food is still great which is why we keep returning.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

the prime rib was excellent but the size of the prme rib was smaller than it was the last time we went there (2007) . the prices have remained the same $42.00 for Lawry's favorite. I g/ .ues it is do to the economy. I love prime rib and always enjoyed going to Lawry's in vegas but I don't think the smaller piece is worth the $42.00

Been to Lawry's The Prime Rib? Share your experiences!