“Where are the spices?”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I expected more Asian, middle eastern, Mediterranean choices but that was not the case. The Tandoori Kebabs were dried, the asian station was horrible. I liked the italian and dessert choices.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had dinner at the Spice Market Buffet while staying at Planet Hollywood. The food was good and there was a great variety. Our server was great as well. The waiting line took about an hour though, so I would probably just go somewhere else if I had to wait that long again.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We love the Spice Market buffet in Planet Hollywood and always make at least 1 stop here. Very disappointed this time. Food quality was still good but the menu items have changed - not for the better.

One of the buffets that had a great seafood section has really changed as a result of a new chef. They used to serve hot crab legs with the shell half open already which made them really easy to eat rather than fussing with cracking shells & fishing the meat out - gone. They used to serve these amazing torpedo shrimp with sweet chili sauce - gone. They used to serve a cold seafood cocktail (shrimp/crab etc) and a champagne glass - gone. The seafood section is actually very disappointing which is unforunate. Apparently we weren't the only ones complaining - even the staff mentioned that they have had lots of feedback regarding the changes - not much of it positive. I will say however that the kung pao chicken was nothing short of amazing - so so good - much better fresh than it was after sitting a while but the flavour was fantastic.

The remainder of the buffet was average - comparable to any other buffet on the strip. The dessert section is ok - mainly cupcakes though with a few other items. Service is always great.

Still a good buffet but certainly no longer our favourite. Sorry Spice Market.

2  Thank Emmapawprints
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had to visit a buffet while in Vegas and due to a great Groupon deal, this was the one! The deal included all you could drink beverages which is the only reason I rated this average. That being said, the drinks were awful; I had a Mimosa and white wine and the alcohol was definitely sub par. The food wasn't much better, I didn't try portions from all of the stations but nothing was really outstanding. I guess my favorites would have been the Tandoori chicken and the Dolmades but one portion of each was enough. Generally I found most of the food lacking in flavour, greasy and or too salty. The desserts were hit and miss as well. The Crème brulee was probably the best. My son didn't even care for the swirl soft serve ice cream and he's usually not fussy. For what I paid it was ok but paying full price would have left me very unhappy. We had to wait in line at 5pm on a Wednesday evening but it moved fairly quickly. Service was fine.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Visited the Spice Market Buffet at PH in March 2014. I did a lot of research on buffet restaurants in Vegas. This one was actually not a planned trip. The decor is nice, for around $30.00 it was about average buffet price in Vegas. Selection was good, but nothing really excite me. The crab legs were sweet and quite delicious. Service was about so so.