“Did not like any of the food. Very expensive.”

Spice Market Buffet
Ranked #670 of 4,932 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I did not enjoy any of the food here. It was lacking flavor and mediocre at best. A lot of the food was dried out and seemed as though it had been sitting out a very long time even though it was busy (around lunch time). Atmosphere is very plain and dingy. Save your money and head over to Cravings at the Mirage where the buffet is cheaper and the food is outstanding!

There are newer reviews for Spice Market Buffet

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Definitely no spice in this market! Probably the only items with much taste were in the middle eastern offerings but still just so-so. There was a mexican, seafood, american, pasta, and italian section. All of which could have had some flavor. Even tried cajun fish- still no taste.The sliced tri-tip was okay!

As with all buffets it was of course filling but lacked taste across the board, even the desserts were bland. The best thing for dessert was the strawberry shortcakes made from angel food cupcakes with fresh strawberries. I understand that restaurants such as this have to please a lot of pallets but this was pretty weak. The best thing that I believe was their olive and cheese trays with some of their breads- but not worth spending upwards of $20 for. We even had a $5 dollar off coupon and I still thought for the price the quality was terrible. If you like bland food this place is for you.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went here because we received coupons at check-in at our time share. I ate tons of crab legs - yum! The shrimp tempura was one of the best I have had. The sushi was good. I had a tuna roll. I couldn't find soy sauce, but they had wasabi and pickled ginger. The other stations looked inviting as well. Each had a cheese selection which varied, and all were tasty. I didn't have much room to try all the other stations, but tasted the prime rib, ham, and lamb which was seasoned really yummy!

I think they do a good job with all of the different stations. Each one gives you a good variety. There is even a salad station. The dessert station was neat for kids with the cotton candy. That was fun.

It was better food, I thought, than our cruise ship experiences, and all of our all-inclusive experiences. I would have loved to have this food in Cancun! I have read some of the bad reviews and my advice is to 1)get a coupon, 2) arrive with enough time to eat, etc. 3) arrive at a non-busy time. We ate early and there was a small line. FIrst you stand in line to pay, then you go to another line to wait to be seated. So, you save time paying the bill, but the lines get long and confusing.

For example, if you are scheduled for an 8:30 show you could avoid the rush and have an early dinner, see some sights, gamble, then come back to PH for the show. Who wants to go to a show stuffed to the gills anyway? Have the buffet, go watch the fountains, then mosey to the show. I won $35 at the penny slots.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The seafood selection is great.
Lots to choose from the many cooking stations.
All the food was great.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food was pricey but that is one of the things I expected particularly since it was holiday weekend. The tab was more than 100 dollars for two adults and two children. The kids barely ate anything, even the Mac and cheese didn't taste good they said. The service was poor and unfriendly. Two of the four packets of silver ware at our table were unwashed, still had food stains on them. We had to send them back for fresh silverware. Little choice of nonalcoholic beverages. We were hoping there would be some vegetarian choices but they were few, even in the Italian section which kind of surprised me. Certainly not a place we are going back to.