“Good!”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went here because we received coupons at check-in at our time share. I ate tons of crab legs - yum! The shrimp tempura was one of the best I have had. The sushi was good. I had a tuna roll. I couldn't find soy sauce, but they had wasabi and pickled ginger. The other stations looked inviting as well. Each had a cheese selection which varied, and all were tasty. I didn't have much room to try all the other stations, but tasted the prime rib, ham, and lamb which was seasoned really yummy!

I think they do a good job with all of the different stations. Each one gives you a good variety. There is even a salad station. The dessert station was neat for kids with the cotton candy. That was fun.

It was better food, I thought, than our cruise ship experiences, and all of our all-inclusive experiences. I would have loved to have this food in Cancun! I have read some of the bad reviews and my advice is to 1)get a coupon, 2) arrive with enough time to eat, etc. 3) arrive at a non-busy time. We ate early and there was a small line. FIrst you stand in line to pay, then you go to another line to wait to be seated. So, you save time paying the bill, but the lines get long and confusing.

For example, if you are scheduled for an 8:30 show you could avoid the rush and have an early dinner, see some sights, gamble, then come back to PH for the show. Who wants to go to a show stuffed to the gills anyway? Have the buffet, go watch the fountains, then mosey to the show. I won $35 at the penny slots.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The seafood selection is great.
Lots to choose from the many cooking stations.
All the food was great.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food was pricey but that is one of the things I expected particularly since it was holiday weekend. The tab was more than 100 dollars for two adults and two children. The kids barely ate anything, even the Mac and cheese didn't taste good they said. The service was poor and unfriendly. Two of the four packets of silver ware at our table were unwashed, still had food stains on them. We had to send them back for fresh silverware. Little choice of nonalcoholic beverages. We were hoping there would be some vegetarian choices but they were few, even in the Italian section which kind of surprised me. Certainly not a place we are going back to.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

CUPCAKES DO NOT CONSTITUTE DESSERT. these are Morning and afternoon teas, suppers and snacks.

We have been holidaying in Las Vegas for 25 years, we have seen the growth of cheap buffets until what they are today. We were amongst the first people to eat at the Spice Market Burret when it first opened. Always recommended it to our friends travelling to Las Vegas from Australia.

On average on a 3 week stay would eat at buffet 3 times a week. This year found that the desserts were 95% cupcakes. While we are not cake eaters we are big dessert eaters. No creme caramels. no creme brulees, or pastries such as eclairs or cream puffes, and no they are not cakes, all we had to choose from were crepes that would feed a family of 4 for 4 weeks, ice cream and some white looking glob with some red looking stuff inside.

Other buffets have not felt the need to replace 'proper' desserts with cupcakes, they all seem to have a good balance.

Whie it seems extreme to say that we would choose our accommodation based on the buffet of the said place. We have stayed at many properties in the 25 years that we have visited and we take everyithing into account and for the price of your buffets we are not willing to pay for no desserts. The rating would have been better except for the desserts. We will be visiting again in September this year and then again in February next year. If the situation hasn't changed we will eat elsewhere.

1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Let me start by saying, I understand that the days of the the really cheap buffets are part of Las Vegas' history, along with the older hotels that have been imploded. With that being said, more than 20 dollars for breakfast? In the last 12 years, the price for some buffets have nearly doubled, although you can still find decent deals Downtown and off the strip.

Back to the point, this was a very good breakfast buffet. We went on a Monday Morning, about 9:45AM, and there was no line at all which was a good thing since I was famished from not having a meal since arriving the previous night! Selections were plentiful and fresh. I really enjoyed the smoothies (already made, but still fresh) that I have never seen on a buffet before. I had a 10 dollar off coupon which made the price seem more reasonable. I would eat here again, as the lines are usually not as long as the Paris buffet, and the quality is better than the nearby MGM and Monte Carlo buffets. The server was a nice gentleman who kept the coffee flowing.