“The Whole World on your plate”

Spice Market Buffet
Ranked #810 of 5,056 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I love the Spice Market buffet in Planet Hollywood. So much so that even though we were staying at the Golden Nugget downtown, we drove down the back of the Strip to Planet Hollywood specifically for the Spice Market.

What we love about it is the wide variety of cuisines available: I especially love the Middle Eastern food offered, something I have never found at any other buffet in Vegas. Of course there's Italian and Chinese and sushi and American and lots of salads and desserts (all cupcakes, of every kind possible!)

Great food, great quality, highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,134)

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The ante has been raised by newer places, but ever since this buffet was created for the new Aladdin (now PH), it was pretty well the best in town. They recently changed the dessert menu, which makes me very angry... it's now just a selection of those trendy new "gourmet cupcakes", which are popping up in cities everywhere. So no more of the perfect creme brulée that they used to have. Still have the cotton candy, freshly made fruit crepes to order, and a few other treats, but mostly just cupcakes now. Suit yourself. The rest of the buffet is still AMAZING. The middle east section is to die for, the tandoori chicken is perfect and spicy. The lamb, and lambd stuffed tomatoes are cool. The seafood is great, with more than one type of crab, and tempura firecracker prawns that I could just eat plate after plate of, if there weren't so many other awesome choices. Their battered fish is done in a really traditional, high class batter. Crab stuffed sole is nice. Mexican station and salad station are par for the course. In general, it's just about as good as you can hope for for a $30 type buffet. I think Mirage and Harrah's are good, but this is slightly better in many respects. You can pay $37 at Bellagio, and only get slightly better value. At least try it once. You'll probably be able to fill 3 plates with stuff you are pleased with.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were staying at Planet Hollywood so why not try this place. We were supposed to go to the Aria or Cosmo buffet, but were to lazy to walk over there. We came here for Sunday brunch around 1130 am.
We paid about $32 for sunday brunch. The line was not that bad. We waited for 10 minutes. We were seated right away. Our table was by the cashier and the food. On our way to the table, I somehow lost my receipt. The server was pretty cool and she didnt really push for a receipt.
there were plenty of different food stations such as seafood, italian, mexican, middle eastern, breakfast, asian, fruits and salads, desserts. I was kinda disappointed with the desserts stations. they most;y had cupcakes. They probably had 20 different flavors. I was looking forward to maybe little cakes such as chocolate cake, flan or lemon merigne. they did have cotton candy. Never have seen that at a buffet place. They had icecream.
The food was pretty good. They also had an omelet station, ham and roast beef stations. I really liked their sole stuffed with crabmeat. I was impressed. Their buffet is not as good as Cosmo buffet or Wynns buffet (which I have had in the past) but it was better than Harrahs. The staff were friendly. I would try again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We bought the 24-hour buffet pass and we went to Harrah's, Flamingo, Paris and Planet Hollywood (used to be the Aladdin Resort & Casino). We voted Paris Village Buffet as the best breakfast, Harrahs Flavors buffet for the best lunch and Planet Hollywood's Spice Market buffet for the best dinner. The Village buffet has a wide selection of breakfast pastries, meat, cheese and salmon. Try the white fish, it is delicious. Spice buffet was the favorite because their crab legs are already cracked and ready to eat. Both Paris and Planet Hollywood have a Mediterranean food section. I cannot say much about Flamingo. We were walking along the strip, got thirsty, so we only went there for dessert and coffee.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were herded like cattle into the dining room after asking the cashier for "3 for breakfast", only to be told as were being sat that breakfast ended at 11:00, terrible communication. Asked for a table for 7, were told we could not have one unless all 7 of us were there at that time, so we had to sit separately. Food was OK, decent selection if you want Chinese food at 11am. Good cupcakes. No one smiled, drinks arrived after we were done eating. Like the horror stories you hear about the bad buffets in Vegas.