“Excellent Food, Spectacular View!”
Review of Foundation Room

Foundation Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Foundation Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 5,275 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Las Vegas Boulevard and Mandalay Bay Road
Transit: Taxis, Limousines and Buses stop at Mandalay Bay Resort.
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We went here for dinner and hung out on the balcony while we waited for our table. The balcony wasn't too crowded and the view was outstanding! The food was so delicious! The chicken was so moist, the steak was cooked perfect and the mashed potatoes were to die for!!! The service was good, and the staff was friendly. It took a bit past our reservation to actually sit down, but I think because it is such a small, cozy place that they are at the mercy of their customers in that sense. When we did order our food, our server let us know that it would be a while before our food was out because of how they had to cook it. I can say that the wait wasn't terribly long, maybe 25 minutes or so, but the meal was definitely worth the wait! I appreciated our server letting us know ahead of time about the wait so that we knew what to expect. We will definitely be going back here our next trip to Vegas!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My Wife and I ate at the foundation room and enjoyed every minute of it. Situated atop Mandalay Bay, one quick elevator takes you to this small paradise. I have been to many places in Las Vegas and this by far has the best view of the strip. We enjoyed a nice cocktail while waiting for our table in the bar area of the restaurant. It is decorated in a very unique Persian/African/Middle Eastern decor that you just do not see many places. Our food and service were top notch and we will be returning again.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was SUCH a wonderful surprise! Spent first night in Vegas having dinner here because of good reviews and a great view of the Strip. It certainly delivered!! The service was impeccable and the food??? The cheese/bread starter was delicious and the wine list had my fave wines on it. :-) Salads? Can't say enough! Would definitely recommend this gem, just hope it doesn't get too touristy like some of the others.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We came here for dinner the first night of my bachelor party. The whole place has a wood panels, cigars, scotch, “Mad Men” type of vibe to it, so it was perfect for a “grown man dinner”. Everything about our meal was outstanding, and the service was stellar.

Somehow we ended up in a private room for free. My cynical side tells me that the restaurant didn't want six young black men (who were dressed for the club and already slightly drunk) seated in the middle of their restaurant. If that was the case, they handled their concerns with class (I guess) by “upgrading” us to the private room which worked out perfectly for our group.

Dining here gave us free access to a club at the hotel that was just OK, but the view at the club was one of the best on the strip. It’s worth it to come up to the club for a few minutes for the view alone.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I showed up on a Monday night around 11pm and just wanted to have a drink and enjoy the view. We are early 30's and while we weren't extremely dressed up, we looked nice (thank goodness we weren't more casual as we would have felt even more out of the place). The first question we got was "are you on the VIP list?" "Um, no we just wanted to have a drink". After looking us up and down "She can get in for free, but he is $20". "Forget it, we just wanted to have a drink and check out the view". "Ok, go on up". "Gee thanks". It was a nice and contemporary bar. The drinks were outrageously priced, but we were willing to pay for the view. Once we got out to the patio, all the seating was "reserved". We tried sitting on a couch overlooking the strip (the patio was not that busy nor was the entire bar), we were quickly told by a staff person that these were "reserved". The only saving grace was that the people who reserved it must have felt sorry for us as we really had no place to sit or stand to enjoy the view without feeling totally awkward, so they invited us to hang with them and we ended up hanging out with them all night and having a blast! Then, the staff treated us a lot better. Definitely an amazing view, but unless you are "important", you may feel very out of place.