“Great Views,bad service”

Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere
Reserve with OpenTable
Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 4,874 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sahara Blvd.
Description: Consistently voted one of Las Vegas' best for food, atmosphere and view, Top of the World restaurant delivers an internationally inspired menu crafted by renowned chefs Rick Giffen and Claude Gaty. Prime beef, Farm raised Colorado lamb, line caught organic seafood are but a few of the fresh, wholesome and natural ingredients that are combined to create a dining experience that is sure to be memorable. Indulge in any of our hand fashioned cocktails, or peruse our award winning wine list as you dine in a relaxing and comfortable setting where every seat has a view of the hottest city in the desert gently revolving 360 degrees, 840 feet above the valley. And don't think that the evening ends here. After dinner enjoy the Level 107 Lounge. EARLY Happy Hour from 4pm to 7pm features half price appetizers and 2 for 1 cocktails. LATE Happy Hour from 10pm to 1am features half price appetizers, and 2 for 1 cocktails from 1am to Close. DJ Entertainment nightly playing electic dance music from 11pm to Close.
Calgary, Canada
“Great Views,bad service”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great Views to go see all of Vegas. Dinner was nice but, the service we got wasn't. With the meals you get no sides so you have to order them.She did not ask this and we felt like we were bothering her the whole time we were there, she was more interest in resetting her tables. Just a note we only order one meal and split it and we were charge a splitting charge of $15.00. Never had that happen???

Visited September 2013
Arianna_Potter, Manager at Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Top of the World. We do our best to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable and I apologize sincerely if you felt anything but. I would love to have you back in to show you the experience you should have had. Please feel free to contact me directly at arianna.potter@stratospherehotel.com so we can discuss this.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
West Deptford, NJ
“Pampering and a fabulous view!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Make a reservation, you do not want to miss this opportunity! Delicious first class menu, wonderful staff, and if you time it perfectly, someone may jump off the roof while you're eating! The rides at the top of the tower let you share the thrill with jumpers daily.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for sharing! We're glad you had a good time and hope to see you again soon.

Phoenix Arizona
“Amazing View, Outstanding Food and a Stratospheric Price.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

First off you should know that it not cheap to eat here. If I'd taken my wife I wouldn't have eaten what I did. Luckily I didn't so I enjoyed the cost of her meal and splurged on myself.
Since it had been 25 years since I was in Vegas,(Not really a destination spot for me even though it's only 5.5 hours away by car or an hour by air), I decide on a very good meal. And I got it.
I had to have the Carpaccio and theirs included crispy Capers and Truffle Oil. Two unusual items for me. The Capers added a saltier kick than regular ones and the oil went well with the Parmesan Cheese. It was almost perfect. A little squeeze of lemon would have made it perfect.
The I moved on to the Lobster Bisque. It was by far the best part of a great meal. I could have had 3 bowls and been perfectly content. The Lobster Cream that they placed in the middle had lovely chunks of Lobster in it and made the dish a wonderful experience.
Then I ordered the 14oz dry aged New York Steak. It was outstanding. I had them throw in the lightly seared Foie Gras. A mistake. I should have asked for it cooked properly and slightly crispy. It basically comes raw with a couple of burn marks on it. The flavor and texture was unappetizing in this state. I hope they change it in the future, since I will be coming back with my wife. For the $68 steak plus $12 for the Foie Gras, you would think you'd get more than just tow carrots without having to pay more for a side dish.
I saved some steak to eat the next day and went for the Creme Brulee. It was good but it's consistency was average. Not nearly as smooth and creamy as I would have liked and expected for such a place but adequate for the price.
I did enjoy an lovely glass of Riesling with my meal that the waiter recommended. I would buy a bottle in a heart beat.
Make sure you take your camera. The view is superb.

• Visited September 2013
Hi AJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your meal at Top of the World in your review. We appreciate your feedback. I'll be sure to share all of your thoughts with the Chef. I believe you'll be pleased with the changes we've made to our menu, and am exicted to see what you think.

We look forward to seeing both you and your wife on your next trip.We appreciate your patronage.

Thanks again,

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb meal with a view”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to this restaurant with family following our wedding. Everything was incredible - the view, the table, the service and especially the food. We all had the set lunch @ $45 each and the food was without fault. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited September 2013
Congratulations to you and your new spouse! Thank you so much for making us part of your special day.

We hope to see you again soon,

Prague, Czech Republic
“On top of the world in Vegas”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Was amazing! I went with my friend and we were in Vegas for spring break, so as poor students we only ordered starters, but it was the best starters I've ever had. Super delicious food and really fancy and nice place. Extremely pricey though, a main dish was around 50$.. But if you can afford it than it's a great place to eat while in Vegas. The view is absolutely spectacular!

• Visited April 2013