“Awesome dinner off the strip!”
Review of Chicago Joe's

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Las Vegas Blvd & Charleston
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Forty of us crashed Chicago Joe's on a weeknight for a company dinner. There may only be 44 seats in the restaurant, because we filled it up instantly.

The servers brought out bread and salads for everyone while drinks were ordered.

Our table requested a cup of red sauce for the bread. The server quickly brought a cup out and it was the perfect compliment to the garlic bread.

I had the cippolini (sp?) which was lobster tails, scallops, mussels, clams, and whitefish over pasta. The sauce was fantastic and the seafood was cooked perfectly.

I tried the meat lasagna at my table and thought it was delicious.

The staff was great. The food was fantastic. The restaurant was a welcome break from the hustle-and-bustle and outrageous prices on the Strip.

We'd come back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Over the past few years my wife and I have dined several times at Chicago Joe's and have never been disappointed. The food is freshly prepared, nicely spiced, and served with a smile. The restaurant itself, formerly a small house, is the anti-Las Vegas which is part of the overall dining experience. Two of our favorites include cioppino and seafood Joe (off menu). For an appetizer we recommend the calamari in red sauce which is not the typical fried calamari you find in Italian restaurants. Since the restaurant is so small, I strongly recommend reservations.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

but I don't know what all the hoopla is about. It has been over 15 years since I was there and this on this recent visit I still found it to be just an average Italian restaurant. It is in downtown Las Vegas off the beaten path in an very old house. We went for dinner around 5:30 and the place was quite busy. The waiter was very attentive and always on top of things. They have a lite-bite menu with smaller portions for $12.95 on weekdays if you order before 6:30 PM and even those portions were large. There was a choice of several items and it included salad that came with the best creamy garlic dressing. Baskets of warm italian bread and butter were brought to the table and they kept refilling it. It took many years for me to return and I there was nothing to make me want to go back again soon.

1  Thank roma2srs
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here with some of my coworkers while we were in town for business. Not sure what the history of this place is but it is definently worth venturing off the strip. Place is in an old house in downtown Vegas. Food is great we all had different items and everyone liked their selection. Make sure you try the garlic cheese bread.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We eat out several times a month. I can state beyond any doubt that our experience at Chicago Joe's was absolutely the WORST ever!
We dined early (5pm) and were the only customers in the restaurant when we arrived.
The waiter spent 99% of his time on the telephone. He even came to our table and took our order with the phone pressed to his ear!
Our bottle of wine was brought to us already uncorked and tasted as though it was watered down. The waiter never returned during the meal to refill our glasses. I guess it's a "do it yourself" kind of place.
Their pasta fagoli soup was a joke! I admit it had good flavor, but it was lukewarm, at best. It was really a bean soup, with a few token pieces of pasta in it. We were told that the bread was in the oven. I joked that I hoped it came out hot, so we could put it in the soup to warm the soup! It did arrive long after the soup was totally cold. The bread was too hot to even touch. It obviously was a frozen bread that they "baked" to order!
The waiter recommended to Cioppino. The seafood was ok, but the broth was greasy and watery. It was served with a little angel hair pasta in it, which was grossly overcooked.
My friend had the Chicken Angelo. The chicken was overcooked. The side of pasta served with it was the mystery of the night. It supposedly had a bolognese sauce. There were a few tiny stray pieces of meat in it. We each tasted it several times, trying to figure out what the very unusual flavor was in it. The only reasonable explanation I could come up with was that it was cooked in a pot that still had soap residue in it!
I can't even imagine how they stay in business, unless whatever keeps their staff on the phone full time is a money maker.
We will not be back!!