“Chicago Joe's”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Las Vegas Blvd & Charleston
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was excellent. We had the lunch filet and it was prepared perfectly and had great flavor. Service was great also. The cost is a little pricey but worth it.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This small cute Italian place is great. All the food is made fresh each day. They have a special menu for $12.95 which includes warm Italian bread, salad with homemade dressing and all fresh home made main course, I had very large mussels in a red sauce which was out of this world on a bed of spaghetti. There was so much to eat, I had to leave a mussel. AND it's downtown not far from the Smith Center.

2  Thank Sandra F
Reviewed January 10, 2013

As my husband & I own & stay in a condo close by to Chicago Joes (walking distance), we decided to walk over to Chicago Joe's at the end of December for a personal birthday celebration. We made reservations, which may not really have been necessary for 6:30pm on a Friday night. Shortly thereafter, it became extremely busy. Our seating was immediate and our waiter was most attentive. I've eaten here previously, so I was looking forward to impressing my husband. We decided against pasta and went with our waiter's recommendations - I chose veal with a lemon butter sauce and my husband chose veal with a tomato mushroom sauce. We had a stuffed artichoke as an appetizer. The artichoke appetizer, although looking very attractive, left much to be desired as far as taste was concerned. It seemed to be stuffed with tasteless, dry fine bread crumbs so we had to add lots of lemon for flavour. My lemon butter veal was terrible. I had difficulty cutitng it and even more difficulty chewing it. I ended up chewing each mouthful for ages and eventually placing the entire dry chewed mouthful on the edge of my dinner plate. I had 3 1/2 thin slices of veal swimming in a plate of liquid wiith 3 lemon slices on the edge. As well, we received a garden salad with house creamy garlic dressing and several pieces of cold hard bread. I placed a couple of the frozen butter patties down the front of my bra, just to melt them so they could be used! I almost forgot one of them!! My husband's dinner was much better but still not as appealing as I'd hoped. The best part of the meal was our wonderful banana foster cheesecake dessert, which we shared. It was excellent. My Italian Pino Grigio wine was also very good, although very expensive for a juice glass size - $7.50 each! I previously would have recommended this restaurant, but no longer do. We paid $108+ for the meal, plus taxes and tip, and felt it should have cost well under $100. The value just wasn't there. We had 2 drinks each, so meal was still over-priced. I get the impression that the meals were pre-made & were just microwaved before serving (edges of my veal were dried out & curled).

1  Thank gschaffer
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We've been going to Las Vegas for 15 years and finally got to try Chicago Joe's the other day.
We had nver heard of it until someone mentioned it on one of the Las Vegas forums so we decided to try it.
We liked it a lot and will go back for sure. Its not the most modern restaurant we've ever been to but the food, price and service we all excellent.
The place is really casual and our waiter (Craig?) was casual, too, but attentive and great to talk to.
Some time when you are in the downtown area and looking for a nice Italian meal, try Chicago Joe's. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The BEST thin crust pizza I have ever had!! The drinks are HUGE and STRONG! This is a yearly stop for us. We eat here at least 3 times every time we visit Vegas!

1  Thank kd r

Been to Chicago Joe's? Share your experiences!