“Chicago Joe's, on 4th in Las Vegas, NV”
Review of Chicago Joe's

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Near Las Vegas Blvd & Charleston
Reviewed January 10, 2013

As my husband & I own & stay in a condo close by to Chicago Joes (walking distance), we decided to walk over to Chicago Joe's at the end of December for a personal birthday celebration. We made reservations, which may not really have been necessary for 6:30pm on a Friday night. Shortly thereafter, it became extremely busy. Our seating was immediate and our waiter was most attentive. I've eaten here previously, so I was looking forward to impressing my husband. We decided against pasta and went with our waiter's recommendations - I chose veal with a lemon butter sauce and my husband chose veal with a tomato mushroom sauce. We had a stuffed artichoke as an appetizer. The artichoke appetizer, although looking very attractive, left much to be desired as far as taste was concerned. It seemed to be stuffed with tasteless, dry fine bread crumbs so we had to add lots of lemon for flavour. My lemon butter veal was terrible. I had difficulty cutitng it and even more difficulty chewing it. I ended up chewing each mouthful for ages and eventually placing the entire dry chewed mouthful on the edge of my dinner plate. I had 3 1/2 thin slices of veal swimming in a plate of liquid wiith 3 lemon slices on the edge. As well, we received a garden salad with house creamy garlic dressing and several pieces of cold hard bread. I placed a couple of the frozen butter patties down the front of my bra, just to melt them so they could be used! I almost forgot one of them!! My husband's dinner was much better but still not as appealing as I'd hoped. The best part of the meal was our wonderful banana foster cheesecake dessert, which we shared. It was excellent. My Italian Pino Grigio wine was also very good, although very expensive for a juice glass size - $7.50 each! I previously would have recommended this restaurant, but no longer do. We paid $108+ for the meal, plus taxes and tip, and felt it should have cost well under $100. The value just wasn't there. We had 2 drinks each, so meal was still over-priced. I get the impression that the meals were pre-made & were just microwaved before serving (edges of my veal were dried out & curled).

1  Thank gschaffer

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We've been going to Las Vegas for 15 years and finally got to try Chicago Joe's the other day.
We had nver heard of it until someone mentioned it on one of the Las Vegas forums so we decided to try it.
We liked it a lot and will go back for sure. Its not the most modern restaurant we've ever been to but the food, price and service we all excellent.
The place is really casual and our waiter (Craig?) was casual, too, but attentive and great to talk to.
Some time when you are in the downtown area and looking for a nice Italian meal, try Chicago Joe's. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The BEST thin crust pizza I have ever had!! The drinks are HUGE and STRONG! This is a yearly stop for us. We eat here at least 3 times every time we visit Vegas!

1  Thank kd r
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Love this place. Can't come to Vegas without coming here. A firend who is a local told me about this place a few years ago and I've been coming ever since. It is downtown kind of off the beat and path. Highly recomend reservations. That atomosphere is awesome (feel like your inan old mob movie) and the food is amazing.

2  Thank Howard M
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a hidden gem in Vegas. I'm a Vegas local and have been coming here for years. Great atmosphere and very cozy (it is an old house). I would highly recommend making reservations. I've been coming since 1994 and I've never had anything but a great experience. Whenever I have people in town I always bring them here and when the return they always ask to go back. My favorite item is Shrimp Joe...pasta covered in garlic, red pepper, mushrooms and shrimp.

1  Thank Mac J