“Good food, service lacks”
Review of Carson Street Cafe - CLOSED

Carson Street Cafe
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food is good in the Carson St. but we have not encountered good service in this establishment on any of our visits there. We were last there a few months ago and both times we ate here, I had to eventually go track down a manager to get someone to wait on us.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Two years ago this place served phony eggs when you ordered scrambled which just amazed me considering Landrys (restaurant people) had purchased the Nuggets. This time they were real (my girlfriend ordered them). The service was excellent - everyone was cheery, something I don't remember from before. The only reason I didn't give them a five was that the eggs benedict was just not up to par. I can't even articulate why that was so - it may have been a lackluster hollandaise sauce. Anyway, everything else was very good.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We only ate breakfast there. The prices were a little silly ($18 for a standard eggs / bacon / toast iHop worthy breakfast - Is there GOLD in my eggs?) - Server did not communicate very well and it took a while to get greeted once sat. Food was very good though and it's open 24 hours.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm done with the Breakfast Buffets. I just don't eat that much any more and we have always enjoyed going to the Golden Nugget to gamble and have breakfast. The place was packed as usual, but we only had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Our server was polite and both of us ordered their 3 egg omlette, $13 each. And I love their hash browns and sour dough toast. The food was tasty and filling. The coffee was a great wake me up, in a good way. It was freshly brewed.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We ate breakfast here one morning, wanted something close and convenient so we could get out and enjoy the pool. After kind of getting lost in the shuffle, our order was finally taken. Prices weren't as low as a Denny's (comparable food), and the food was average, nothing special. Mind you, it was breakfast.