“Delicious food - great for a special occasion!”
Review of Olives

Olives
Ranked #163 of 4,894 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
“Delicious food - great for a special occasion!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been to Olives twice and had a very good experience both times. The first time was with friends who were visiting from Seattle and we wanted to take them somewhere special to make their stay memorable. We were able to get a table on the patio which was nice when the fountains were "performing". I remember I ordered one of the specials which was a very tasty scallops & greens dish. I had hoped to get the same dish when I returned again for my husband's birthday but it was unavailable. I ordered scallops again and was not disappointed. The service was very good and we had a nice relaxed meal with a tasty creme brûlée for dessert. The only negative for me was the insane amount of perfume the waitress was wearing. I am very sensitive to fragrances and actually had to hold my breath whenever she came to the table. This is something all restaurants should caution their servers to avoid as it takes away from the wonderful food being served. I found myself wanting to rush dinner just to be away from her. I should have asked to be seated in another section even though they were extremely busy. All in all, a great meal and I'm sure we'll go back for another special occasion.

• Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
“Just okay”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been here many times and wasn't disappointed until this visit. The Greek salad was very good and I just had to order the meatloaf. It was a generous portion. The meatloaf was a little dry and needed more seasoning. The mashed potatoes were good, what there was of them. There was a little brown gravy which would have improved the meatloaf if it was on the meat. The vegetables served were carrots and zucchini and they were very hard. My server was very friendly and professional and the atmosphere is still lovely. Maybe the kitchen was having an off day. I will go back because I know the food can be much better.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Lively atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had dinner at Olives in the Bellagio Hotel in April 2013. Meal was good as was the service. Not fine dining, however, good quality and value. The carpaccio is excellent.

Visited April 2013
West Sand Lake, New York, United States
“An especially good meal and experience”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped with family and friends for dinner prior to a local show. The balcony overlooking the fountains is second to none - worth early reservations and getting their 1/2 hour ahead of time to wait on line for a balcony seat. Food and service was special. Every appetizer and meal for all five of us was wonderful. Wait staff was very friendly, knowledgable and attentive. Extensive premium wine list and somalier was very helpful with choices. Don't miss this experience.

Visited May 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent Dining Choice on the Strip”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Olives sits along the 'lake' at the Bellagio, with a wonderful balcony opening up onto the view. There is a great view of the dancing fountains, and this is a wonderful place to eat. BE ADVISED - You MUST MUST MUST make reservations, and they DO NOT take reservations for outside/lakeside dining tables. Reservations are ONLY good for the inside, and when you get there, if you want to sit out on the patio you will have to onto another waiting list, with a standard high-time wait of anywhere from 1-3 hrs (this is what the maitre'd told us).

The food at Olives is extremely good, but be prepared to shell out some money for eating here. The wine list comes delivered to you on an iPad (I liked this format), and their mark-ups on wine are extraordinary. Even their by-the-glass offerings are insanely priced ($18-$30/glass). The food is absolutely wonderful, and they serve a nice basket of baked breads and crackers with a thick, heavily salted olive paste in lieu of butter or olive oil. We had the Ahi tuna appetizer, and it was absolutely perfect - cold, flavorful and beautifully presented. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, too.

The only negative to Olives is the prices, and I am neutral on the service. The best service on the Las Vegas strip is at the cheap places downtown. Strip dining is renown for great food and terrible service, and while the service at Olives was certainly not bad, it wasn't good either. Just know that when you eat here, you're in for some great food and excellent flavor, but it will cost you (2 people with entrees plus wine and appetizer is easily a $200 dinner, minimum). And, the service could certainly be a bit more friendly given the amount of money one is shelling out to eat here.

All in all, however, Olives is a great choice and I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SWAZUS

Been to Olives? Share your experiences!