“quiet relaxation”

The Grandview at Las Vegas
Ranked #51 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 21, 2006

We booked the Granview through RCI and spent a week there. It was a wonderfully relaxing week. Of course, we were expecting the requisite timeshare pitch, but they didn't push it when we declined, like many other places. We had a one bedroom unit. It was spacious. We used the kitchen for many of our meals. We also had a few friends come to stay with us for a few days, and there was still plenty of room. We loved relaxing by the pools and dipping in the hottub.
We rented a car, because we hate having to rely on other people for transportation. It was a quick 5-10 minute drive up to the strip. There is free parking at every casino, so there were no worries there. And if you just wanted to play a few games, without seeing the sights, the South Coast was next door and a very nice casino with LOTS to do inside.
We HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Grandview if you really want to relax between trips to the casinos.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
17  Thank tdogdo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,463)

Reviewed November 13, 2006

We all justed loved our time at Grandview. The pool was great, the unit was clean and pretty. The staff was nice, and helpful. The only thing I could say that I did not like was there was no schuttle service to and from the strip. We were told by RCI and the hotel that there was but when we arrived the front desk let us know they no longer had a shuttle service. They do have a taxi stand the cost is about twenty dollars to and from the strip. There is a casino right next door to the Grandview and that is nice, because you have a place to go eat or get coffee etc. My friends and I will stay here again. Thank you

7  Thank TLB1
Reviewed November 7, 2006

The Grandview is a nice place to stay, however, they use to provide a shuttle to the strip on a frequent basis. I was told by the administrative staff that they will no longer provide a shuttle at all, you will have to get a rental car or catch a trolley for $2.50 each way or $6.50 per day round trip. That sucks!

9  Thank Pepper0819
Reviewed October 28, 2006

OK, here's the list..
PROS: 1) Beautiful units! New, tile floors, Pottery Barn-ish decor and furnishings. Kitchen was fantastic.
2) Swimming pools were fabulous! Lots of deck space and great hot tubs. Waterfall was not operating, but still enjoyable.
3) Located away from strip...lets you get away from the hustle and bustle
4) South Coast is next door. If this casino were not here, I would not have enjoyed the stay at all.

CONS:
1) With the tile floors comes noise from dining chairs next to, above and below the room.
2) Not alot of insulation between rooms. Could hear people on both sides when talking on phones. Could hear water running, but that's not a really big deal.
3) Muzak in lobby and around pool is SO loud! I don't understand why...
4) Shuttle situation is poor! This is perhaps the worst part of the place. There is a grocery shuttle 1 time per day and they only let 1 person per room go unless there is room. There is no shuttle from airport. It is approximately $20 from the Grandview to Mandalay Bay, so getting the trolley pass is best bet. HOWEVER, the trolley is supposed to run on the 1/2 hour, but was late almost every time we took it. Sometimes people had waited an hour to get it. A place of this caliber and price should have shuttles to the grocery store more than once a day (and at noon, at that!) and should have some other options.

IF YOU GO:
Rent a car...if nothing else, just to get you around the grocery store, outlet center and to the strip. However the lot is totally full and then some in the evenings. Cab from airport is about $20-25.
Bring a fan or something for white noise if you are a light sleeper.

Overall, I give my trip a 7. The property is beautiful, but again, for this caliber of place, more amenities w/ regard to shuttles should be provided.

I'd stay again, but rent a car and bring fan to drown out noise from other units.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
16  Thank mindzipper
Reviewed October 27, 2006

We stayed here for 7 days and spent most of it in our unit because it just felt that homelike. Night time in the units are a different story. The walls are paper thin and you can hear every little step the neighbors next to you are doing. In our case, we had a crying child. The curtains are fairly thin, so all the security lights from outside shined right into our windows. We also had the most uncomfortable bed ever. We actually found that the pull out bed was more comfortable. Although, this may just be an opinion.

As far as the unit's amenities, I was quite upset to find that there was no ashtrays (even though we're not smokers), no batteries in the remotes, no coffee pot, and the washing machine and blender were broken. Even with several calls to the front desk, the only thing that was resolved was a coffee pot arriving days later by a gentleman that didn't speak English and couldn't answer any other questions I had. There was a very strange setup with the dressers as well. We found ourselves hanging things in the family/living room next to the television because the entertainment unit is also part of a 6-drawer dresser and closet...very bizarre if you ask me.

There is only one place to get food on site - it is a little cafe next to the pool. The food there was horrible...absolutely horrible. I ordered a sandwich one day - terrible. Later in the week, I was SO hungry, I broke down, went over there, and ordered a salad. Who can screw up a salad? They can...trust me. Even the front desk recommended not going there.

We didn't feel being on the strip was necessary, but to get there, you should get a car. Although trolleys are supplied pretty frequently, we didn't use them. Cabs are pretty expensive to get to the main strip - mainly because of heavy traffic. However, even renting a car found us looking for places to park - which most hotels have free valet. However, right next door is 'South Coast'. They have unbelievable restaurants and personnel (although somewhat expensive). All their slots were between a penny and quarter slots. Their high roller room was between $1 and $20 slots. I don't know about you, but this hit my budget just perfectly.

The last thing I can say about this place was how I couldn't get internet in the rooms. They say you can, but I had to go down the front desk area to get any sort of signal. I was so cramped, I actually ended up spilling my soda on my laptop and ended up having to use their computers anyway. Please make sure you don't need to do any sort of work that involves anything sort of concentration or lengthy attention because the computers are set to restart every 15 minutes along with the fact that you have tours going on every 20 seconds. It was quite disturbing to hear 'And this is our internet room, but who works on vacation' 500 times in a matter of a few minutes...not to mention the fact that I basically became a tour staple. I am going to leave you with the fact that although all these things didn't make me the happiest, I wasn't miserable. I enjoyed staying there - mainly because of South Coast being next door. Without them, the Grandview would be nothing.

6  Thank jesskbuf
Reviewed October 22, 2006

This hotel-time share is worthy of the "Gold Crown"..check in went great..everyone was very helpful and went out of their way to may sure we had a great stay!

The main attraction for this place is the fact that the "South Coast Casino" was across the street....a very short walk! At this casino..everything you would like...great breakfast buffet...slots...theaters...bowling lanes, etc.!

Easy drive to the "strip" on Las Vegas Blvd!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
6  Thank roberdave
Reviewed October 7, 2006

We are owners of a timeshare at the Grandview and this was our first time to visit. We arrived on Sep 8th and departed on the 15th. We rented a car although we had heard of the shuttle service and the trolley car transportation. We had several people flying in from different parts of the country, and felt we needed the freedom and room of our own vehicle. We were very pleased with the check in service---fast and informative. We had a two bedroom, which accommodated six of us very well. We went to a nearby grocery store (about 2 miles) and purchased items for breakfasts and snacking. We prepared breakfast each day as we planned our outings. We were relaxed and leisurely. Our biggest pleasure was the convenience of the South Coast casino right next door. Those who wanted to gamble or eat at different times could do so easily by just walking across the street. We found the buffet pretty much like most of them in the casinos on the strip and the Silverado Steakhouse was excellent!! We ate there twice. The pools were beautiful and not crowded at all, although we only walked through the pool area, and never actually went swimming. There was a lot of construction going on, but we were never bothered by any of it. The only noise that was a little bothersome was the running water in the room next door. When they used the shower or bath, it sounded like it was in our room. One of the complaints I had read about in other reviews was the light coming in the windows early in the morning. Evidently, that has been addressed, because our rooms had beautiful wooden blinds beneath our sheers. It is nice to see they are trying to take care of the complaints that they are getting.
The kitchen was very well furnished. There wasn't a thing we needed that wasn't there, except some storage bowls for opened or uneaten items--like cheese, sliced tomatoes, etc. Next time I will know to buy ziplock bags or glad throw away containers. All in all, everything was more than we had anticipated and we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family