The Grandview at Las Vegas
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$134
$179
Bellagio.com
$135
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$90
$56
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$410
$189
SignatureMGMGrand
$19
2,741 results
All reviewssouth point casinosouthpoint casinotime sharefull kitchendaisy buildingrosemary buildingtimeshare presentationwasher and dryerthrough rciliving roomtimeshare ownersparking passtimeshare touroff the stripjacuzzi tubbowling alleyrented a car
San Francisco
Reviewed July 10, 2006

I was just in Las Vegas and was solisited to attend a presentation for a time share. it turned out to be the "Grandview At Las Vegas". I was told at the presentation that this resort is strictly for time sharing only. When we were given a tour of the resort, I asked the question in reference to the people staying at the resort and I was told that these are people on a timeshare trade. Wow here it is being advertise as a hotel by "expedia, orbitz, cheap tickets and hotels" I just realized on why should I invest in this time share (and it wasn't cheap) plus paying a $560 fee a year for upkeeps so I can only use it (as permitted) a week a year when alI I have to do is book the same resort through the above mentioned '.com' web sites.
I am glad that I walked out of the presentation without spending over $31000 where I can have this resort for a lot less simply by using it as a hotel when I please.
The resort is quite a ways from the strip and if you are in Vegas to enjoy the strip you can do a lot better by staying in one of the hotels on the strip for the same price or less.

Stayed: July 2002
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We just returned from a great visit at The Grandview. We have stayed in many hotels from The Bellagio to The Lady Luck and found this hotel to be excellent. The room was extremely clean, quiet and full of many amenities. We went to the Gold Coast for most of our meals, but you wouldn't have to if you preferred to cook in the room. We didn't notice the noise that some visitors have complained about. We rented a car prior to coming and were thankful for that. The hotel is pretty far away from anything else you might want to see or visit. We recommend this hotel very highly.

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calimesa, CA
Reviewed June 25, 2006

Wow!!! So, I thought I was getting a great deal because I was able to get a suite for $129.00 a night over the weekend which is unheard of in Vegas. Thursday night I had stayed at the Venetian and then came to the Grandview in the afternoon. I am not a timeshare owner, simply stayed as a guest through an orbitz reservation. I found it quite suprising to find a timeshare on there renting out like a hotel, but I think I understand why now.

- Check-in was great, I checked in early at 2pm and they accomidated me without delay and got me in the room, sent me over to the timeshare area where I decided to sign up for the "lecture" and get a free stay in the future. I regret to say this was the highligh of my stay.

- Decoration: I do not know who did the decorating but the paint is horrible. It is this dark mustard color and there are no curtains around the windows or any other decorations. I felt like i was at a motel 6 or something. When we entered the room it was nice and clean.

- The Pool: Around 3pm we decided to go down to the pool. Before going down we phoned the front desk to inquire whether or not we needed to bring towels and we were informed there were towels down there. When we arrived no towels to be found. When we asked a nice lady who was taking around Otter Pops to all the guests in the pool we were told you had to come down by 2pm to get a towel because the man with the towels leaves after that. That is quite inconvienent since the pool is open from 8am-12midnight. It was quite a ways back to our room so we decided to forget the towels. The pools were rather small and shallow, deepest part 4ft. But lets address the real problem the WATER. The water was as salty as the ocean from all the body sweat and not a trace of chlorine. We were so discusted we decided to get out and return to our room to shower.

- The Room:The walls are VERY thin and if you are a light sleeper like myself forget getting in a nap during the day. Also the beds were quite hard and the pillows uncomfortable. It would also be nice if the toilet were more private. Other than those problems no complaints with the room itself

- The Timeshare: So we went to the timeshare presentation which for anyone who has gone to one you know how it is. After we explained that we were not interested in purchasing the timeshare for various reasons, mostly we just weren't impressed with the property, they cont. to try to win us over by lowering the price to less than $5000, which I will come back to later.

- Problems: there are only 2 elevators in each tower one of the 2 in our tower broke so there was one elevator for 12 floors of guests and no stairs to be found anywhere. Supposedly there are 2 shuttles to go two and fro the strip, one of which broke down so now you could only go once an hour instead of every 30 minutes and most of the time it ran 10-30 late some more like once every 90 minutes. A cab ride will cost you about $20. The handicap doors came off the hindge and was not accessable.

Well as I said before I did attend the timeshare presentation and did receive an invite to come back and stay for free for 2 nights. I will be forfieting this offer as I do not wish to return to this resort even for free

As for those thinking about purchasing this Timeshare, please, PLEASE try it out to make sure this is what you want. As for myself, there were too many things that were quite suspicious:

1. offered like a regular hotel through the internet
2. Sales must be hurting if they will lower the price by half in order to make a sale after prviously telling you the resort is selling so well they only have 8 units left that they can offer.
3. This is a brand new resort and equipment should not be breaking so soon
4. If they cannot transport people efficently to and from the strip they will loose a lot of business from people.

Again to each his/her own, but for me this place is definetly a disappointment to timeshares.

31  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2006

The wife and I went out for a quick, three night stay at the Grandview in June. The rooms were very nice and quiet.(Typical for a new resort) Pool seemed a little small, and very cold. It was the first time I have experienced a 108 degree ambient temp, to my surprise when I was in the pool I thought I would freeze.
We sit through the timeshare pitch, just for the free stuff. It was a little dragged out for us, we sit through those from time to time and this one went for 2.5hrs. The comp wasn't that good either, we had to pay $20 to get the Carrot Top show tickets. And the true Vegas shows were buy one get one free.
The shuttles work well, if you don't mind planning your day around them. There are 3 to choose from: the Grandview runs to Tropicana every 1/2 hour til 5or6 then every hour til 2am, The South Coast runs to the BArbary Coast which is a good deal because it's in the center of the strip next to Ballys and the South Strip Trolly runs to the South end of the Strip (didnt experience it).

All in all a very nice resort, although point values are over-rated. Cost me 28k points to exchange there for three nights (includes a Saturday)

23  Thank tikibuilt
Louisiana
Reviewed June 18, 2006

We arrived on Friday night and left on Thursday morning; we were scheduled for 2007 rather than 2006. They quickly worked this out! We received wine and coupons for restaurants, etc. The casino next door is new and awesome--the only place where we didn't just throw money away. My husband and I enjoyed sitting at the picnic table early in the morning and late at night; next year we will cook outside. The breeze and clean air are refreshing. The suite is supplied with all necessities one can imagine; we loved having an in-suite washer, dryer, dishwasher, jacuzzi tub (wonderful), and shower. According to our guests, the sofa bed was very uncomfortable, but the regular bed was fine. We will return at least once/year.

Stayed: June 2006