“Awesome resort!”

The Grandview at Las Vegas
Ranked #48 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Awesome resort!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Check In was seemless. I am blown away by the size of the resort. 8 high rise apt. Suites that are very luxurious, and fully equipped with major appliances,including washer and dryer. Staff is very accommodating. Three pool areas are very very nice. I would highly recommend this for couples and for families. I hope to be able to come back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at The Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for a great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time at The Grandview at Las Vegas and that our employees and accommodations exceeded your expectations. We take great pride in delivering outstanding service for our guests, and sharing this type of feedback lets them know that their hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
Alberta
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were booked into the Grandview through RCI points - first time staying at the far end of Las Vegas Blvd. Pros - clean, spacious, very nice pools, a stone's throw away from the South Point Resort and Casino. We had some problems with our suite (minor) and maintenance did well at addressing them with no hassle. Cons - definite time share push. We were asked to attend a short presentation of their new decor for their new building and told they wanted our opinion about it. Two and a half hours later, after saying no to time share offers to four different people, we were never asked for our opinion. We did get excellent coupons for the South Point Resort and two tickets for Mystere and the buffet at Treasure Island - all of which we used. Paying $16 for the shuttle to get to the strip was on us.

Shuttle is annoying - there is no guarantee you will get on a shuttle as there is no organization about it. You wait - if people get on ahead of you (even if you've been waiting the longest for the shuttle) and the bus is full - you are out of luck - you wait another hour for the next shuttle with no guarantee you will get that one either. There should be a ticket taking procedure where at least you can get a number to say you've been there first waiting for the shuttle - or prepurchase tickets or something. Taking the bus is an adventure and we received no instructions/costs, etc. and counter staff looked at us like they were stunned we were even asking about the bus costs. They didn't have a clue. I would think those in the hospitality business, 20 minutes away from the strip, would have all the answers for transportation questions. And they should have bus schedules and explanations about fares.

There are two areas of pools at this resort. One is the quiet pool and is the one we enjoyed a day at - just sitting and soaking up the rays and being the only ones in the pool. The hot tub was great. Towels by the pool for your use. Very relaxing. The other pools seemed like fun for those liking a bit more noise and more people. Kids seemed to be enjoying it.

Within the Grandview are soda machines, ice, and one snack machine. There is a store of sorts on site but we didn't use it. The South Point Casino next door has 11 restaurants, a bowling alley, tons of penny slots, three sports bars (maybe more?), a bingo hall and entertainment nightly. The equestrian arena is right there as well. We took in the Kingston Trio, the horse show, the gun show, and were able to go back and forth to our suite at the Grandview as we needed to.

3 Thank ckay21
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at The Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation of The Grandview at Las Vegas. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. The Grandview’s hourly shuttle service to and from the strip is an outsourced amenity. The decision to outsource this service was done to meet the demand of a property of our size without impacting our maintenance fees for our owners. The shuttle service is operated on a first come first served basis and charges only $8.50 for a day pass. If a shuttle is full another is dispatched. We find it rare that guests are left behind to wait for the next shuttle but we will continue to monitor this service in case adjustments need to be made. We truly appreciate your suggestions on how to improve our resort and we hope to share our hospitality with you for many vacations to come.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had found a discounted rate for a room at the Grandview and since I was looking to stay off the strip and have all the ammenities of home, I quickly booked. Upon arrival, everyone in the lobby was extremely helpful and friendly. I was able to check in 4 hours early and get on with the rest of my day. The highlights of my room were the free parking, the large, comfortable bed, the kitchen appliances and gadgets and the space of the room itself. After some closer inspection there were a few things in the unit that could have been cleaned a bit better (unidentified splatter on some of the doors and the legs of the kitchen chairs) but overall it was well maintained. My first night I spotted a cockroach in the cupboard and called the front desk. The very polite gentleman gave me the option of moving or having housekeeping "clean up" the area. I opted to move the next morning. They delivered the new keys to my room and even sent security with a luggage cart to assist me in moving my belongings and groceries. Overall, I'm giving this property an average rating; there was nothing terribly wrong with the room but nothing about it or the property that knocked my socks off.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. The people watching was quite entertaining!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank akstyna
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort and that the staff was pleasant and accommodating to your needs. Thank you taking the time to review our resort and we hope that we can share our hospitality with you again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed here for one week and would recommend to stay again. Here are things to consider.

Pros:
- some of the buildings were renovated and would suggest those (we stayed in Daisy and the rooms were excellent)
- Mid week they did a free cleanup of the room at no charge which was a nice surprise
- accessible to a South Point casino across the street which had lots of restaurants
to eat
- pools onside including gym and other facilities
- amazing views from the building of the mountains and away from the hustle and bustle. The strip is only 10 mins away by car. Having stayed at both on the strip and now at grandview I would stay at Grandview again.
- we purchased the vCard which got us access to nightclubs, pools and lounges of many of the hotels on the strip and was a great way to see visit other locations as well
- Walmart super centre just 3 mins away by car for groceries

Cons:
- need a car to travel around even though they offer a shuttle for at a cost
- limited activities arranged on the resort
- Based on the reviews we did not take the presentation tour and would recommend same as it is not worth it
- parking might be a challenge close to the building
- cost of internet access is $50 for the week and should be included

Room Tip: Choose one of the renovated buildings ( Daisy) and request a high floor view of the mountains
2 Thank loves_2_travel_1966
Thank you for sharing the details of what made your stay at The Grandview at Las Vegas an enjoyable vacation. Many choose The Grandview because we offer a relaxing getaway that is just six miles from the glitz of The Strip. Additional amenity charges are quite common in the hotel industry and guests who choose to pay for WiFi service at our resort pay for the convenience of internet access in the private rooms. Complimentary internet service is available for guests in a common area of the resort. Many find the presentation we offer very beneficial and end up returning to stay with us and at our other resorts as a member of our family of owners. We’re pleased that overall you enjoyed our hospitality and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Vegas soon.
Linton-on-Ouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Our second year in a row staying here. We were in the recently finished building and everything was still as new. The weather wasn't great so we only utilised the pool one day but that was fine for our needs. Nothing fancy but enough. Having the South Point casino next door is definitely a plus. It is cheap and a great atmosphere. We will be back again next year.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JG1981
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at The Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
We’re so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Grandview at Las Vegas. Our room amenities and location next door to South Point Casino make us a sought-after vacation spot. The Grandview offers a great value for those seeking a relaxing vacation in Las Vegas and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again next year.
Edmonton
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We loved this resort!! We were asked once to view the timeshare but we were busy that day with a convention and we were never bothered again!! (o:
The only complaint I have was the unrealistic price of the WiFi If it was much cheaper i'm sure they would sell a lot more, just way over priced.
If it was half the price I would have paid for it just have the convince of having it in my room.
Especially when most places offer free WiFi. You can walk across the street and use the South Point's WiFi for free.
Overall great resort, very clean, well kept.We loved our two suits.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review. We’re happy that we could provide you with most of the comforts of home during your vacation. The Grandview at Las Vegas is a timeshare property so we strive to be frugal with our owner’s association budget and charge a fee for wifi access in the guest’s rooms. Like most places we offer complimentary computer access in a main area of our resort for guests. Thank you for taking the time to post and we hope we may have an opportunity to share our hospitality with you again.
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was very wary after reading all of the reviews on here about being pressured into the timeshare sales pitch. I read things about people being called every morning, people having people come to their door, being mistreated if they didn't accept the sales pitch.

Thankfully that never happened with me. I had a very pleasant check in actually. I believe this is because we checked in on Thursday night around 6:30-7. When I went in the main office there were only a handful of employees working. I got checked in and was done in a matter of minutes.

I did notice the front office was much more busy Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning. I kept seeing people walking around on a "tour" of the property so maybe they got swindled into it. But regardless of the whole timeshare thing let me go ahead and get on with my actual review.

The room was very spacious and nice. We were in the newer building on the 19th floor and had a pretty good view out the window. Nice bed, nice Jacuzzi tub, big bathroom (with two sinks), full kitchen. I was pretty impressed with the size of the room. I don't have any complaints about the room at all.

We checked out the pool which wasn't bad. The pool with the waterfall was ice cold and I saw maybe two people actually swimming in it. The other pool which was heated was pretty crowded. There is a minigolf course on site but I didn't get to check that out. Right across the street is the South Point casino which has bowling, theater, food, gambling, and various other activities.

The shuttle service was nice. 8 bucks for each person gets you to the strip (Excalibur, Aria, and Treasure Island). I can't say I have any complains about the shuttle either. It dropped us off and picked us up on time.

I enjoyed my stay at the Grandview and will consider it again if I return to Vegas in the future. Perhaps try what I did and check in late on a weekday (if possible) to avoid being persuaded into the presentation (if its as bad as people are claiming)

Room Tip: Try to get into one of the newer buildings. I was in building 4 and it was nice.
1 Thank SpookyFries
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at The Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We’re happy to know that you were pleasantly surprised by our resort and services while on vacation. Unfortunately no one resort can be everything to everyone, but we do try to make all of our guests happy at The Grandview. Most of the time we’re quite successful and our guests continue to return to enjoy our hospitality. We understand your views regarding timeshare however many do appreciate the benefits that vacation ownership has to offer. Timeshare owners have the opportunity to travel with their family all over the world and pay a fraction of the cost that most consumers would have to pay for these same standards in a hotel. Even though timeshare ownership may not be a viable option, we hope to welcome you back to Las Vegas in the future.