We should preface this review by saying that we had just come from the Villas at Kierland in Scottsdale, which are the gold standard for time-share living. Nonetheless...
The check in was not very warm or welcoming; their biggest concern was ensuring that we would attend the time share presentation. They offered us free breakfast at the South Point buffet, and $100 in vouchers for South Point. They also promised no time commitment. Keep this in mind when agreeing to do the presentation.
We went to our room in building 2, "Primrose", on the 5th floor in unit A. Upon exiting the elevator, we noticed a new carpeting / paint smell. It was bad, but it paled in comparison to the chemical onslaught we received when we entered the room. Our eyes burned, our noses ran, and we felt ill. We opened the windows, found the fan, and called for something to be done. The operator sent someone to spray the room...great, more chemicals! She did call back as she offered to move us if the situation wasn't remedied, and if they could find an available room, but after 6 hours of driving, we decided to stay put. Then saw that the TVs were from the 80s, the decor was awful, and each of the cupboards smelled rank. So, we lived out of our suitcases and left things out on the counters in the kitchen. The shower looked like it would be awful, but wasn't too bad...until the 2nd day when you were standing in ankle deep water within 2 minutes. The dishwasher didn't drain properly the first night, but someone came when I called and the situation was remedied. The dishwasher was also missing a wheel (which I found on the floor by the sink the morning we left) on the bottom rack which made it so fun to load and unload (sarcasm). And there was duct tape holding the microwave vent in place. Nice touch.
We cannot emphasize this enough: demand a renovated room. It seems they are ignoring the upkeep on the rooms that are due for renovation.
In the morning, we did the timeshare presentation. It wasn't our first ride in this rodeo, having sat through many of these, but I must say the relentlessness with which they pursued our money was unnerving. The deals are expensive, especially since you could buy from a re-seller at half the price, yet it seemed that the sales push was never ending, with each deal getting better and better (beware the NASCAR pitch). We remembered the no time commitment? If you want your incentives, you must sit through it. 3.5 hours with our sons in tow, because the initial salesperson forgot about the supervised kids play area. The sales people just didn't get it. We were so disappointed with our initial impression, why in the hell would we want to own there? Three separate people tried to sell us on Grandview, including the final survey person. Then you must sit for another half-an-hour to get your vouchers.
Were there positives about the Grandview? Well, if you have a car, it's close enough to the strip, and there is enough free parking on the strip, to make it a viable location. And South Point isn't bad, if you want to gamble. We used our vouchers for Steak and Shake, which is cheap and decent, and for the buffet for Monday night steak night. The buffet is... meh.
Obviously, we will never use our RCI points to stay here again. There are other options, and we will try them first. The biggest disappointment was with the service, and lack of concern for our complaints. No manager came to actually check the room, or to talk to us. This must be remedied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacationing at The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort affords you and your family the ultimate in entertainment. Situated less than six miles from the Las Vegas Strip. The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort accommodations are 1,600 square feet of combined living space featuring a common foyer with separate controlled access for each suite. The spacious one- and two-bedroom accommodations are designed for the guest's maximum comfort. Kitchen, living room and dining room in each suite are integrated for entertaining and enjoyment. Designated suites meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Grandview at Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandview At Las Vegas
- Grandview Hotel Las Vegas
- Grandview Resort Las Vegas
- Grand View Las Vegas
- The Grandview Las Vegas
- Grandview Resort Vegas
- Grandview Las Vegas Hotel
- Grandview Vegas
- Grandview Lasvegas