My husband and I are timeshare owners at the Grandview, and this was our first time staying there. We had already done the presentation tour the year before, and we were not misled about the value of ownership. We wanted to be staying off the Strip, but close enough to visit conveniently.
The Grandview is off the Strip by about 7 miles and directly across the street from the SouthPoint Hotel/casino. There are shops, banks and restaurants all within a mile or so of the Grandview, so if you need anything, it's fairly easy to get. Having a car makes it a lot easier too.
I had done my research before making our reservation, and made my requests accordingly. The average daytime high was 111 f (!) the week we were there, and so construction on the new buildings started at something like 2am. I'm a light sleeper, and so requested a room as far away from the construction and as high up as possible. I knew this would place us in one of the older buildings, but that was fine. We were placed in the building framing the main pool area close to South Point: I believe it was Rosemary. It was very, very nice!
The furniture showed a little wear and the shower needed some maintenance, but other than that, it was fabulous! Nice big kitchen, dining area adjoining a living room, huge king bedroom with a jacuzzi tub in an area separating the bedroom from the spacious bathroom. Double sink vanity, tile floor and plenty of storage space.
The kitchen has dish and cutlery sets for 4, so bring your own if you are planning on feeding more than that. The kitchen is fully equipped and very roomy. There is a small, stacked washer/dryer and detergent was provided.
There were two tv's (not flatscreens); one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. As this was an older building, we were not really surprised to find older appliances and furniture. As I said, though, it was all perfectly serviceable. The air conditioning worked perfectly...you would never know it was so hot outside. I have seen a couple of reviews where people mentioned the rooms not being dark enough, and I don't understand that. There are wooden plantation shutters as well as blinds on all the windows, and we were able to make the rooms very dark.
The only sound we heard from other rooms, was the jacuzzi tub being used after hours by our upstairs, and thoughtless, neighbors. There are signs posted next to the tubs requesting consideration and to not use the tub after 10:30. Thankfully we only heard the noise two nights.
As we are owners, we were able to request a wi-fi code and use it all week.
It was too hot to go to the pool during the day, so we went at 9pm. It was lovely. There are plenty of lounge chairs and towels provided, and the area itself is very secure, needing your room key to access.
There did only appear to be one luggage cart per building, and I wish Grandview would remedy that. Guests are toting groceries and luggage for a week, and the fewer trips they have to make from car to room, the better.
The customer service was awesome, from the phone calls I made with specific requests, to the in-person service onsite. Gold star to the Grandview staff!
There are no restaurants onsite, because the expectation is that you'll be cooking in your suite, or going elsewhere. The buffet at the South Point was excellent.
We went to the Strip a couple of times, and were always so happy to get back "home" to our quiet, cool comfortable suite at the Grandview. I can't wait to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacationing at The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort affords you and your family the ultimate in entertainment. Situated less than six miles from the Las Vegas Strip. The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort accommodations are 1,600 square feet of combined living space featuring a common foyer with separate controlled access for each suite. The spacious one- and two-bedroom accommodations are designed for the guest's maximum comfort. Kitchen, living room and dining room in each suite are integrated for entertaining and enjoyment. Designated suites meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grandview at Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandview At Las Vegas
- Grandview Hotel Las Vegas
- Grandview Resort Las Vegas
- Grand View Las Vegas
- The Grandview Las Vegas
- Grandview Resort Vegas
- Grandview Las Vegas Hotel
- Grandview Vegas
- Grandview Lasvegas