“Fantastic Stay...”

Ranked #48 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
chicago
“Fantastic Stay...”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just returned from Las Vegas and stayed at the Grandview which was fantastic. The room was huge. Everything was very clean and plenty of towels and pillows which is a plus. The pool and jacuzzi was great. I had to call downstairs because we were missing the remote for the TV in the bedroom and they sent maintenence up with a remote in record time. I was impressed. Check-in and check-out was fantastic. No wait and customer service was phenomonal. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: The Rosemary tower was fantastic.
2 Thank jenjen523
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at The Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for the glowing recommendation of The Grandview at Las Vegas Resort. It is our goal to provide a great vacation at a great value and we’re happy to hear that we have succeeded in making your visit a memorable one. We look forward to hosting you back the next time you visit our exciting city!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
Alberta
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our third stay at Grandview, Sept 23-30. We really like the location off the strip, easy access to good shopping, restaurants and the strip, but the biggest selling point of this place for us is Southpoint next door. It allows my husband to walk over and gamble, while I shop or hang out by the pool.
We like to stay in the Sage building, again, due to the proximitiy to the main pool and Southpoint, but apparently it's undergoing renovations, so we stayed in Primrose. Building was fine, a little longer walk to Southpoint, but still good. It's one of the older buildings, but that's fine.
They're in the process of building a new building, which we didn't hear any noise from where we were, but it's nice to know they're also in the process of updating the old ones. I don't care about granite countertops, etc., but the tvs, carpet and sofa beds could use updating. I also knew from previous trips that the pillows are bad, and I have neck issues, so brought my own.
But everything else about our stay was great. Got coupons for Southpoint when we checked in, check in process was good/quick, room was clean (we didn't use housekeeping as we prefer not to be disturbed, just picked up extra towels), pools were nice and clean and never any difficulty in finding chairs. Only used internet room to print off our boarding passes.
We ate at the cafe at Southpoint quite a few times - good/cheap food.
All in all a great trip and we will return.

3 Thank Gizzie
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at The Grandview at Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your comprehensive review! TripAdvisor reviews are vital to our reader’s decision-making when choosing a vacation destination and we appreciate it when a guest of ours takes the time to share. It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed you visits to our resort and we really appreciate your continued loyalty. Thank you again for taking the time to post about your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Grandview at Las Vegas on your next trip.
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Came to Vegas for my first time with my husband to celebrate my upcoming birthday. So my second day of my vacation we decided to leave the comforts of our hotel (Mandalay) to venture to the strip. We did not get off the tram at Excalibur good enough before we were approached by "Gary" who beg and to ask us do we want free tickets to some premier Vegas shows? Now me working as a travel agent for a timeshare company in Florida I understand the incentives. But I feel like from our first interaction of offers for free show that none were free, they all had "box office service fees", not to mention having to pay Gary $20 to get these tickets. In all my years working in travel for a major timeshare company I have never heard of a fee for a gift. Now once we get to the Grandview and sit through the presentation which was very good. I thought the host (Debra) was professional and seemed sincere when she said, " we here at a Grandview don't believe in high pressure sales tactics". My husband and I go upstairs with our sales rep (Melodie) who was more than friendly and interactive with us from the beginning seemed to have a change of attitude when we weren't ready to commit. Now as all timeshare presentations go when a client can't commit they bring in the big gun sales manager (Ed) who with a great personality tried to offer many other alternatives, but my husband and I still weren't ready to commit. Now Melodies has become all but anti-social in words and body language is ready to move us through the final steps. As she now shuffles us downstairs to get our free gifts. We are thinking its all done. NOT!!! She brings us to a gentleman named (AJ) who was very friendly and tells us we just have to fill out a exit survey and he will get our gifts and we can be back on our vacation. Well that was a lie, because we are now at another table with AJ being offered a lower price for purchasing and now we are almost angry, because if I said no I am not ready to commit now they refused to allow me to go. I almost felt like a timeshare prisoner. It took almost 6 hours of my day for something I didn't purchase all because of sales tactics. I think they need to work on that, as well as their so called free gifts. Because if you tell me free that is what I expect. Not to pay almost $60 for a free show when I get to the box office all because of fine print not disclosed to me.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Christal M
Thank you for writing about your experience with the marketing and sales team at The Grandview at Las Vegas. We apologize for the miscommunication between you and the representative at Excalibur. Clients are offered a choice of premiums in exchange for their attendance at a time share presentation. These can include free show tickets as well as tickets that require additional fees depending on availability and popularity. Every client receives a printed receipt detailing the premium and it’s requirements and any monies paid. Clients acknowledge they understand the terms prior to the completion of the tour booking by their signature. There shouldn’t be any box office fees outside of this agreement unless a client opts to buy additional tickets or upgrades their seats. We apologize that the persistence of our sales staff detracted from your vacation. It’s not our intent to annoy our guests, but share with them all the benefits that timeshare ownership has to offer. We are truly sorry that you now have such a negative impression of us. Being in the industry yourself, we’re sure you’re aware of our company’s sterling reputation of our dedication to our customers and the quality of our resorts. We hope that you will consider visiting one of our resorts again so that we may have an opportunity to prove that we’re the best choice for timeshare and travel in the industry.
Acampo, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went to Vegas the weekend of Sept. 14th 2012. We were there for an IMAC competition. My man booked rooms for us and his friend who went with us. When he told me where he booked at I looked at the reviews and was not happy to see bad reviews from some people who complained about the time share sales. We were already committed to being at the airfield by UNLV Sat & Sun from 8-4 so we already knew there was no way we could go to one even if we wanted to, but we went pre-warned. We checked in about 10pm. The women who checked us in was from my home town and went to school right down the street from my house and we talked about the old neighborhood. We went to our rooms and were amazed! We got connecting rooms with our friend so we were able to hang out together. Our suite was nicer then my first apartment and nicer then where I lived in college. There was nothing at all that we could complain about.We went to the strip after putting our luggage down so I decided to stay at the room while the guys were doing their thing at the airfield on Saturday because I was so tired.. I ordered room service for breakfast and lunch. Never had to wait more then 20mins for it to arrive. Then just a short walk to go hang out at South Point until the guys got back. Even caught a ride back to my building by one of the guys riding around in the golf carts. By Sunday we were discussing looking into a time share; even though we were not even asked. We will stay there again next time we are in town.

4 Thank Samantha P
Thank you for your 5-star review! We’re thrilled to know that we could provide you with an amazing Las Vegas getaway. Experiences like the one you had is the reason Vacation Village Resorts has chosen The Grandview as a primary location to showcase our vacation ownership program. Many guests who enjoy our spacious accommodations and friendly service decided to return year after year as a member of the Vacation Village Resorts family of owners. Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Grandview soon.
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2012

On a recent trip to Las Vegas to celebrate a friend's birthday, we duped into attended a timeshare presentation at the Grandview in order to get discounted ticket prices to see "Love". I usually try to avoid these high-pressure sales sessions like cancer...but am not completely averse to the idea of a timeshare if the price/location is right (we own one in Cabo San Lucas at the amazing Hacienda del Mar by Sheraton). The experience at Grandview was the worst I have ever experienced in the hospitality industry!

First of all...the resort is 20 minutes south of anything on the strip. You could argue that it is a suitable location for families, but then again why would you bring a family to Vegas in the first place? If you want to avoid the strip...go to Disneyworld.

On to the experience. We had been promised a "breakfast" and instead were treated to bagels and stale coffee. An hour into making small talk with our admittedly personable saleswoman. We were pulled aside by a sales manager with an angry look on her face. "You weren't supposed to be split up! Honesty is the best policy" she said to us...insinuating we had somehow been deceitful. We then saw a couple of our friends from Florida who were also in Vegas for the birthday celebration being escorted out. The woman asked us if we knew each other, and we said yes. She then continued to accuse us of trying to "pull one over on them".

Apparently they have an absurd policy that no two groups that know each other can attend the timeshare presentation at the same time. Yet we were completely unaware of this policy and were signed up for the presentation separately. Rather than admitting that a mistake had been made on their part by registering us for the presentation, promising us discounts, accepting our deposit, and driving us 15 miles south of the strip, only to disqualify us due to a policy we were completely unaware of - they accused us of lying and refused to follow up on their promised gifts.

After arguing for 30 minutes - they refused to honor their original promises - agreeing only to refund our deposits. We waited another hour plus to get our money returned and get on a shuttle back to the strip. All in all we waste 3 + hours of a short vacation and were not compensated whatsoever. We did not even get breakfast.

I can understand that they have certain policies about whom can attend these presentations, but those who sign up unsuspecting vacationers such as ourselves with promises of cheap show tickets are the ones responsible for adhering to these policies. We were unaware that the fact that we knew someone else on the tour would immediately disqualify us. The gentleman who signed us up made a mistake...but once we were shuttled to the property and listened to the presentation for an hour, it was too late for them to back out of their promises

Terrible/shady way to do business. The manager at the hotel desk made no attempt to rectify THEIR mistake, and instead resorted to accusing us of somehow trying to circumvent a policy that we were completely unaware of.

I was completely amazed at the audacity of this company to waste that much of our time completely break written promises, and make no attempt to appease us - especially in the hospitality industry. I would steer clear of doing any business with these people. Very shady.

10 Thank Gregg G
Thank you for taking the time to write about your time at our resort on Tripadvisor. We’re certainly disappointed to read about your encounter at The Grandview at Las Vegas and must apologize for the lack of professionalism you experienced during your tour. We’ve contacted you personally here on TripAdvisor to address your concerns and hopefully make amends. Thousands of our guests have experience our warm hospitality and luxury accommodations over the years and we regret that we couldn’t provide you with the same experience. We sincerely hope that you give us another chance to exceed your expectations and visit us again so that we may prove that we are the friendliest resort in Las Vegas.
clinton twp., michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was our second stay at Grandview. We exchanged our timeshare through RCI both times. The units are spacious with all the comforts of home (full kitchen, washer & dryer, even a jaccuzzi). We had a 2 bedroom which is actually 2 one bedroom units connected by a common foyer. So we had 2 kitchens, 2 jaccuzzi's, etc. We love the location because it is close to the strip, but away from the chaos of the strip. And the Southpointe Casino, which is right next door, has everything you need from a casino: Lots of slots and table games ($5 blackjack!), 5 or 6 restaurants with varied cuisine (Mexican, Italian, Steak House, Buffet, Gourmet, fast food) and varied price ranges. We ate at Don Vito's (pricey but excellent), Baja Miguel's (reasonable and very good), Primarily Prime Rib (also reasonable and excellent). And with the coupon book you get at check-in, you can get free drinks or dessert at most of these. There is a movie theater and even horseback riding on premises. We only went to the strip once! The Grandview is putting up new towers at a rapid pace. Unfortunately, they should be spending some of that $$$ on updating the older buildings. We were in the Lily building, which is just across from the main pool area, and close to the main lobby. The furniture is getting shabby and worn, the formica in the kitchen is stained and cracked, the carpet in the bedroom is dingy and stained, the bed was somewhat mushy and the pillows were hard and lumpy. They should concentrate more on updating these units instead of building more new ones.
Someone complained about the smoking. I know they have designated floors in certain units for smokers, so you can request a non smoking unit. We were not charged to use the safe, as someone else said. And felt no pressure to attend the sales pitch, although we did decide to do it. Spent less than 90 minutes and got $100 to spend at Southpointe for dinner, and free show tickets (there was a $15 pp charge for taxes and fees!) Agree they should offer free WIFI. The computer room is crowded an the equipment out dated.
And Yes, we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the construction, it starts at about 5:00 am!!! I would probably give 5 stars...
4 Thank bogie1
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed September 30, 2012

First time staying at the Grandview. When we have gone to Vegas in the past we have stayed on the strip. This was more relaxing than staying on the Strip which is so busy at times. You were only a 15 minute car ride from the center of the strip. The South Point casino was only a 2 min walk next door if you needed a casino. The 1 bedroom suites were very large. Kitchen and eating area easily large enough to accomindate 4 adults without always bumping into each other. The set up for the rooms we stayed in was a common door then 2 seperate suites identical each having it's own locked door. The only down side is the onsite cafe shuts down at 10 so if you wanted a late night snack you have to find a pizza joint which was not easy. The pizza flyers came the next day a day to late. Perfect set up for 2 couples traveling together. Looking forward in staying there on our next visit to Las Vegas.

2 Thank Winter200925