“Glad I Did It”

Sunshine Helicopters - Grand Canyon Tours
Ranked #11 of 233 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: In an industry that demands the best Sunshine Helicopters delivers! Come fly our New 6 Passenger EC130B4 Whisper star, by far the most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever built! More interior room, Large panoramic windows, two-way intercom system with Bose Noise cancelling headsets and our exclusive Sky-Cam Video System capturing your once in a lifetime Grand Canyon experience. Tours to the Grand Canyon departs daily from our Operations Center at the Henderson Executive Airport. We are FAA Certified Part-135 and a proud member of T.O.P.S. (Tour Operator Program of Safety).
Cherry Hill
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Glad I Did It”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have never seen the Grand Canyon, so while planning a trip to Las Vegas, I contacted Sunshine Helicopters to set up a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon and Skywalk. I figured after being on a plane for 5 1/2 hours I didn't want to sit in a bus for three hours in and out of the canyon, so the helicopter was the best bet for me. Everything was arranged and I looked forward to the flight.
The day before Tiffany called me to let me know that the other people who were supposed to go on the flight with me had withdrawn, perhaps because of the Skywalk. She offered me a later flight, less expensive, and told me she would include the souvenir picture and DVD. While disappointed, I knew I would be more disappointed if I didn't go,
On Thursday morning, I was picked up at the MGM Signature (tower 1...get that one if you can) and driven to the Henderson aviation center. The ride to the airport was fun, two other people with us, and everyone was friendly and talkative.
Once there, Tiffiany gave us a quick but thorough safety orientation after offering us refreshments and taking payment. Kyle, our pilot, came to take us to the helicopter. Tiffany took our picture and in we went.
The flight was amazing. Kyle was very informative...and I loved the fact that we could talk directly to the pilot through the excellent noise cancellation head sets.The flight was about 1 1/2 hours long. We went over Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, and into the Canyon. It was incredible to see all of this so close. At the end of the flight, Kyle took us down the strip so we got to see another view of Las Vegas.
I would highly recommend Sunshine. I think they are a great company and really take care of their customers. My DVD, which could easily have been mailed to me, was hand delivered to the hotel the next day.
If you are even slightly thinking about this...do it. You'll be glad you did.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank stacycasey

• Hungarian first
Edmonton, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The perfect way to see the Grand Canyon!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I would highly recommend if you are going to visit the Grand Canyon to spend the extra money and take the helicopter tour. Everything you read for the tour, is exactly as it is. All details are very well organized. The limo was waiting for us at our hotel, and we picked up 3 other couples and proceeded to McCarran airfield. The staff scheduled us quickly, and after viewing a video, a pilot called our number (6 to a helicopter) and we were led to our helicopter. Robert our pilot was professional and knowledgeable and we soared over beautiful Lake Mead and saw the Hoover Dam from a different angle. But the most amazing was seeing the Grand Canyon - the colour, the depth and the formations. We were in awe. The champage picnic lunch was fun and we so enjoyed ourselves. The tour is about 3 1/2 hours total.

Visited October 2013
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best experience ever”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I joined sunshine helicopters for a tour by air to grand canyon. After lift off, the whole experience felt like being part of big family. My helicopter pilot Matt Binner made us feel very comfortable and he was very professional. The flight to grand canyon was narrated by the pilot who was very knowledgable about the area. The music was just right to set us for the best experience. When we entered Grand Canyon Matt brought us few hundred feet into Grand Canyon which gave us great understanding of the size of this natural beauty. I would highly recommend this tour and many others provided by Sunshine Helicopters. Their pilots are very professional, fun and enthusiastic about presenting the Grand Canyon in its glory. Enjoy the experience as we did presented by best helicopter tour operator in Las Vegas "Sunshine Helicopters".

Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon Helicopter Trip”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ummed and ahhhed about going on this trip due to the cost but can honestly say it was one of the highlights of my trip to Las Vegas. Was picked up by chauffeur who was late both to and from the airport but this minor blip was soon forgotten. The pilot was very friendly and knowledgeable. Amazing trip on the helicopter and lovely champagne picnic lunch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and wanted to do it again as soon as the helicopter landed back on the tarmac! The only minor criticism was that I would've preferred a bit more time to wander and take more photos of the amazing surroundings whist at the bottom of the Canyon. However, it was worth every penny.

Visited June 2013
Far Hills, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST OF THE BUNCH”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I have traveled to Las Vegas before and we historically have used Maverick Helicopter Tours. They are the biggest and provide terrific service with first class accommodations. We went out for an evening tour with 6 other helicopters and landed in the Grand Canyon. There were a total of about 50 people in the group. Sunshine Helicopter is a long time helicopter service in Hawaii which is now expanding to Las Vegas. They only have one or two helicopters and so the experience felt more exclusive. The four in our group had the helicopter and pilot to ourselves and the limo that picked us up was uber first class. The stop at the Grand Canyon Skywalk was breathtaking. The trip was perfect and I felt like a celebrity on a private tour. In the end both companies are great.

Visited September 2013