“Best experience ever”

Sunshine Helicopters - Grand Canyon Tours
Ranked #11 of 233 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: In an industry that demands the best Sunshine Helicopters delivers! Come fly our New 6 Passenger EC130B4 Whisper star, by far the most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever built! More interior room, Large panoramic windows, two-way intercom system with Bose Noise cancelling headsets and our exclusive Sky-Cam Video System capturing your once in a lifetime Grand Canyon experience. Tours to the Grand Canyon departs daily from our Operations Center at the Henderson Executive Airport. We are FAA Certified Part-135 and a proud member of T.O.P.S. (Tour Operator Program of Safety).
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best experience ever”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I joined sunshine helicopters for a tour by air to grand canyon. After lift off, the whole experience felt like being part of big family. My helicopter pilot Matt Binner made us feel very comfortable and he was very professional. The flight to grand canyon was narrated by the pilot who was very knowledgable about the area. The music was just right to set us for the best experience. When we entered Grand Canyon Matt brought us few hundred feet into Grand Canyon which gave us great understanding of the size of this natural beauty. I would highly recommend this tour and many others provided by Sunshine Helicopters. Their pilots are very professional, fun and enthusiastic about presenting the Grand Canyon in its glory. Enjoy the experience as we did presented by best helicopter tour operator in Las Vegas "Sunshine Helicopters".

• Hungarian first
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon Helicopter Trip”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ummed and ahhhed about going on this trip due to the cost but can honestly say it was one of the highlights of my trip to Las Vegas. Was picked up by chauffeur who was late both to and from the airport but this minor blip was soon forgotten. The pilot was very friendly and knowledgeable. Amazing trip on the helicopter and lovely champagne picnic lunch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and wanted to do it again as soon as the helicopter landed back on the tarmac! The only minor criticism was that I would've preferred a bit more time to wander and take more photos of the amazing surroundings whist at the bottom of the Canyon. However, it was worth every penny.

Visited June 2013
Far Hills, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“BEST OF THE BUNCH”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I have traveled to Las Vegas before and we historically have used Maverick Helicopter Tours. They are the biggest and provide terrific service with first class accommodations. We went out for an evening tour with 6 other helicopters and landed in the Grand Canyon. There were a total of about 50 people in the group. Sunshine Helicopter is a long time helicopter service in Hawaii which is now expanding to Las Vegas. They only have one or two helicopters and so the experience felt more exclusive. The four in our group had the helicopter and pilot to ourselves and the limo that picked us up was uber first class. The stop at the Grand Canyon Skywalk was breathtaking. The trip was perfect and I felt like a celebrity on a private tour. In the end both companies are great.

Visited September 2013
Henderson, Nevada, United States
“Once in a lifetime!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

What an experience! I have never flown in a helicopter or seen the Grand Canyon .This was a once in a lifetime trip for me and Sunshine Helicopter made me feel like I was the Queen! My pilot was awesome. He made me feel comfortable from the moment I climbed aboard. He shared information on everything from the helicopter we were riding in to the flora,fauna and beautiful landscape we flew over. The first sight was the Hoover Dam and the bypass bridge. Absolutely more beautiful from the air!
Sure, we have all seen pictures of the Canyon but Sunshine Helicopters really helped me see how Grand it really is! We flew in the canyon and on top of the canyon tha'ts how big it really is! I felt so small. The folks at Sky walk were also fabulous. With Sunshine, we bypassed the hour and 45 minute wait and went straight out on the glass bridge, no wait! On the way back to Vegas, we flew down the Strip, a view I will never forget. Thank you Sunshine Helicopters for making a such a wonderful memory for my daughter and I!

1 Thank Shelly C
Kapaa, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Skywalk Tour was simply amazing!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I booked the Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour with Sunshine Helicopters, it was simply amazing.

To start we were promptly picked up in a First Class Limo-Van and transferred to the Henderson Exec airport. Our driver Ray as well as the front desk staff in the office were very friendly.

We flew in a new 6-passenger WhisperStar Helicopter. Matt our pilot did an awesome job flying and his live narration of the history and stories of the surrounding areas definitely added to this experience. The views of the strip, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the Grand Canyon was simply amazing!

About 45 minutes later we landed at Grand Canyon West Rim, the tour included Skywalk VIP Express tickets, so no waiting in long lines. The Skywalk sits on the canyon rim, the horseshoe shape bridge with glass floors extends 75 feet off the edge. No words can describe what I was feeling and seeing, I'm still in awe!

1 Thank CherylGarma