“Get the Chicken Tikka Skewers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal India Bistro

Royal India Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Royal India Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #832 of 4,794 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glendale, California
“Get the Chicken Tikka Skewers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I ate here last Sunday night and it was a very good experience.

Compared to the Indian restaurants that I've been to in both Los Angeles and England, this was among the best. It also was the spiciest that I've eaten! I had a "medium" spicy chicken biriyani and I couldn't feel my tongue! The onion bargee was fantastic! My favorite was the chicken tikka on a skewer. It was so good!

The food was a little steep, even in comparison to other fancier/big city Indian restaurants. However, the quality was high and the service was excellent.

We would probably go out of our way to return to this restaurant on future trips.

Like my review? Check out my blog!

Visited March 2014

Thousand Oaks, California
“Pricy Indian Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We visited this restaurant before a Penn and Teller show (which we loved, but that's a different story). The place was pretty empty on a Sunday night around 7pm. Menu is comprehensive and includes most regular Indian food items you'd expect in the USA. However, our server needed some persuading to let us order two separate portions of Chicken Tikka Masala with different .spiciness the way my party wanted it. The food was OK but appetizers were a little over-spiced. The bread basket provided a good variety but an enormous quantity of food. Despite being nearly empty throughout our server was keen to grab plates almost before we'd put our knives and forks down. Overall this is a very over-priced restaurant presumably because of the location in Rio. You will pay about double compared to a non-Vegas regular Indian restaurant. Maybe Penn and Teller can make half of the bill disappear next time.....

Prescott, Arizona
“A Gem "Hidden" in the Rio Hotel Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I have been here twice now, and it was not busy either time. The only thing I can figure is that it's not mainstream food for people who frequent Las Vegas. It is, however, top notch Indian Food served in a fairly elegant environment.

We had a basket of assorted breads which was HUGE - overkill for 2 people. We also enjoyed the Samosa Chaat - pieces of samosa, covered with cucumbers, onion, yogurt, cilantro and chutney. Next time, I would probably have the plain Vegetable Samosas with dipping sauces instead.

For our main entrees, I had the Shrimp Tikka Masala, which was truly divine. The sauces was not overly hot, and it had a buttery undertone that was just lovely. My husband had the Lamb Vindaloo, which was very spicy hot. We were smart to order a side of yogurt to help put the fire out. Portions are very large, so arrive hungry.

Service was competant, although showed signs of inexperience. It did not ruin our meal, by any means.

We will be back here, every time we visit Las Vegas.

Durham, United Kingdom
“poor value for money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

ate here prior to Penn and Teller show. Overpriced. We had 4 main courses, 4 pilau rice and nans , 5 beers and a coke and the price with tip came to over $240. service was Ok but the food although edible was nothing like a proper curry.

Vancouver, BC
“Good place for Indian Food lovers.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Food was very good and service was excellent. Very clean and polite waiters. Deserve to get a good following . Prices in line with other Vegas restaurants.

Visited March 2014