“Prime Rib Rules”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Unbelievable prime rib [suggest splitting for two].

Great service. Food was excellent - presentation superb.

I would definitely return for the prime rib at Kokomo's.

Estimate dinner for 2 without drinks to be over $100.

1  Thank MaryLouiseBo

Reviewed February 5, 2008

We ate here New Year’s Eve and had great meal, plenty of good wine by the glass. One problem was we had overeaten the whole trip and the whole day so no dessert or big appetizer, which I’d looked forward to . We had starters, me a Cesar Salad which was very good, and my husband the lobster bisque, also very good. The steak was melt in your mouth variety and there were sauces to choose from. I had a filet and my husband the ridiculous prime rib that could have fed 4. I nibbled but there was enough left over for both our German Shepherds. Everything was a la carte, which appealed to us because we’d been eating all day. The place is big and was crowded because of NYE but service was quick and courteous nonetheless. Prices were up there but not overly expensive. Atmosphere is dark and romantic, it does look like you are in the jungle. The restaurant is set back from the bar so it is not noisy. Overall, a nice place to have a good steak dinner for a special occasion.

1  Thank GSDiva
Reviewed January 10, 2008

My husband and I were in Vegas for Christmas week. We had tickets to see Beatles LOVE at the Mirage and made reservations at Kokomo's afterward for a later dinner.

We were seated immediately upon arriving. The staff was very friendly. Water glasses were filled, menus placed on the table and the waiter came by to introduce himself -- all within minutes.

They had a special menu for Christmas Day and I ordered three courses from it. My husband ordered from the regular menu. The portions were good and the food was excellent. I had fish which tasted very fresh and flavorful. My husband had lamb and seafood, which was oversized and tasty. In fact, we shared my dessert as we were both very full from our dinners.

Our waiter was an expert...seeming to know when we needed service, but disappearing discreetly so we could talk privately. He wasn't overly chatty, but friendly and professional.

It was pricey, no question. Our meal came to over $300 plus tip. You can't eat like that everyday, but it was Christmas Day and we wanted something special. We found it...

1  Thank Todnick
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Went there long time ago. I remember it was quite decent.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Food was excellent. Atmosphere was OK - very open to the rest of the hotel/casino - nothing really special.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook