“Very good!”
Review of Roy's - CLOSED

Roy's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Paradise
Transit: Flamingo/Paradise- in front of Terrible’s Casino
Description: Located on Flamingo Road just a mile east of the famous, bustling Las Vegas Strip, Roy's Las Vegas brings the excitement of this incredible city right to your table. Come in for inspired bites and enticing cocktails during Aloha Hour in the bar and sensational meals in the vibrant dining room that features our signature exhibition kitchen
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have been to many of the Roy's locations but this one is the best. The food is amazing, and the service is excellent. We like to sit at the area that overlooks the kitchen and you can watch them making all kinds of foods. The Butterfish is one of the best meals I have ever had! It gets very busy so it is best to make reservations.

1  Thank SUPlady

Reviewed June 13, 2014

It is so easy to fall into the trap of thinking that Vegas may actually be hell on earth. As each work trip approaches, I am already dreading everything; the crowds, the scorching heat, the flyers for 'escorts', the traffic jams, the fake customer service, the sensory overload from mediocre bars, restaurants, shopping malls and casinos...

And then I get here, and someone takes me to somewhere new, and I wonder what all that dread was about. Now, Roy's is a chain, which really surprised me. Unlike most other chains around the world, the food is fresh and inventive, the decor is warm and inviting, and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.

My Lobster Pot Pie was just amazing, while my fellow diners raved about the various meat and seafood dishes they order. The cherry on top of the cupcake was our waiter, who was friendly, knowledgeable and professional the whole evening. And when putting up with four eventually tipsy Brits, that really couldn't have been easy!

3  Thank CCammy
Reviewed June 12, 2014

While visiting my daughter in Las Vegas, I went to Trip Advisor to find the best restaurant to take her. Roy's was rated #1. Made reservation for the next day.

The original reservation was for 6:30 PM, but my wife found out through a review on Trip Advisor that they have a happy hour from 5:30 to 6:30. So I called to change our reservation to 6:00 PM. Important note, you have to order your happy hour drinks at their bar, but you can take them with you into the dinning room.

My wife ordered a 1988 Martini, which she said was delicious. I ordered the Hawaiian Martine and loved it. We ordered 2 appetizers to share. Pork buns and lettuce wrapped butter fish. Both delicious.

For dinner I ordered the scallops, my wife order the grouper, and my daughter ordered the butterfish. We were all very pleased.

We ordered the pineapple upside down cake, but were too full to really enjoy it.

What we were most impressed with was the service, both in the lounge and dinning room. Our dinner server, Aaron, was exceptionally knowledgeable with the menu and how the food was prepared. He was also friendly and made us feel more than welcome.

2  Thank RSpicer
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We are not cranky, fussy people. Regrettably, after looking forward to this, the food honestly wasn't great. Service - fabulous. Food - bland... We ordered the canoe appetizer: chicken skewer good, ribs Great!, tuna roll blah, cold shrimp ick, spring roll average. I ordered teppanyaki shrimp - supposed to be spicy & was not. Didn't finish it. Husband ordered crusted mahi mahi - #1 entree. It was sad, not crisp coating, boring potatoes.
Maybe it was a bad night. A Wednesday. All these people can't wrong! But we ate better tasting food elsewhere on this trip.

1  Thank Kristin P
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took a trip to Vegas for our anniversary, and our main goal was to eat. We chose Roy's one night because of the reviews, and it didn't disappoint. We have eaten at several really good places here in Vegas, but this may have been the best. The food was incredible, the wait staff was awesome, and the overall experience was an A+!!!

2  Thank CoolHandLuk3