“A bit of the islands in Vegas”
Review of Roy's - CLOSED

Roy's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Paradise
Transit: Flamingo/Paradise- in front of Terrible’s Casino
Description: Located on Flamingo Road just a mile east of the famous, bustling Las Vegas Strip, Roy's Las Vegas brings the excitement of this incredible city right to your table. Come in for inspired bites and enticing cocktails during Aloha Hour in the bar and sensational meals in the vibrant dining room that features our signature exhibition kitchen
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We lived in Hawaii for many years, and often went to the original Roy's there. This restaurant conjured up those memories with wonderful Hawaii foods, such as macadamia crusted mahi mahi and ahi poke. This was an elegant treat for our family. The location is a bit weird, off the Strip on Flamingo - about a 25 minute walk if you began at LV Blvd. It was very empty when we were there and deserves more patrons. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Carolyn G

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great service compliments outstanding food here in Sin City.
Large group full of WOWs on this evening.
Did I mention the fresh flaky sumptuous butterfish??
Good drinks/dessert menu as well.
All hits, no misses this place

3  Thank saratogajohn
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival the staff were very prepared, we were immediately seated for our reservation. Our waiter gave great recommendations, try the house cocktail called 1988. The food was spectacular from beginning to end! I was skeptical leaving the strip bc there are so many good places right here, but glad I made the short journey over to Roys!! Winner!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I spent lots of time reviewing where to celebrate my son's 21st birthday in Las Vegas. I wanted a place for dinner for the 5 of us (my sister, my brother, my Mom and my son) that was reasonable in price but that would also be memorable. After reading through hundreds of reviews of different places I settled on Roy's. I am so glad I did. The food was very good and not to far over priced. My Mom decided to order an appetizer for dinner as she said she wasn't hungry. That changed when she had a piece of my sister’s butterfish. My mom, who does not like cod no matter what, ordered the cod dish on the menu. She said she never knew that someone could make cod taste that good. The service was excellent and the staff really made my son feel special for his 21st birthday. They had special menus done up with his name in them and they also took a family picture and presented it to us after the meal. He also got a special desert with his name on it. I am so glad that we chose Roy's and I would not hesitate to go back again.

3  Thank Lisa-Marie_562
Reviewed December 25, 2013

After all the great reviews I was very disappointed in the food here. The service was great at first, sat in bar area had appetizers before dinner. It was happy hour my son had Hawaiian martini and I had glass wine. Then went into dining room. My wine then doubled in price should have gotten two glasses at bar. Anyway I got the surf and turf which was salty, good but nothing to rave about. My son got the chefs trio of three different fish. All three were bland and served with a hunk of rice on the side. We had specifically asked the waiter if there were sides with it and he said yes but not so. My daughter got the sea scallops which was the best dish. My husband got the butterfish. Very small portion with dry white rice and flavorless bok Choy. Again, we were perplexed at the rave reviews here. We ordered the chocolate soufflé and a pineapple upsidedown cake they were both delicious but we were not even offered coffee. After our entrees were delivered service vanished. Bill with tip 247.00. Slightly above average place but we were very disappointed. Overpriced overrated and chef needs to come up with some innovative sauces or something!

3  Thank traveleaze