“Lovely Dining Experience”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Savor every rich detail. Award-winning, four-star celebrity chef and restaurateur, Jean-Georges Vongerichten invites you to realize steakhouse dining at its finest with prime steak, seafood and lamb accompanied by fabulous sauces, sides and meticulously selected wines. Ensconce yourself in the establishment's handsome chocolate brown and delicate Tiffany blue décor – the elaborate design of Michael DeSantis. To further enhance your experience, prominent pieces of artwork are on display including three commissioned paintings by Carlo Maria Mariani, George Deem and Michael Gregory, as well as a water-themed canvas screen created by Joseph Raffael. A garden patio provides the perfect outdoor setting for a tranquil dining experience.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband brought me here on a date night while in Vegas. He asked for a window table but they could not guarantee it. We happened to arrive 30 min early and we were able to get a table at the window which enabled me to view the fountains all night long! The food was good, very pricey but it is Vegas! My husbands steak was accompanied by three sauces and I appreciated them on my boneless half chicken. We ordered the onion soup as an app and it filled us up! I was disappointed that I had no room to enjoy desert. Service was very good and the atmosphere is quiet and romantic. The patio looks lovely and has propane torches.

There are newer reviews for Prime Steakhouse

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Was there on April 23. First off the restaurant is very nice has a good atmosphere. It isn't overly loud but has a good vibe. Unfortunately that is where it ends. I had the bone in fillet ordered it medium, upon arrival you could see it was over cooked. So I cut in to it and sure enough it was well done. I told the server he took it away. With in minutes he was back with another and he said we cut into the middle of steak and it was perfect. Last time I checked you don't eat just the middle of the steak. The broccoli was mush. And for dessert I ordered the coconut souffle. Which came out in five minutes of orderding. I dug my spoon in to it to find not to find a warm cake like substance but nothing but warm liquid only the top fraction of it was cooked. Again upon talking the the server he says it's a six minute souffle and that they don't have 20 minutes to cook it. Bottom line prime is horrible for the price. The managers should take their staff along with the chef to SW at the Wynn to see how a proper restaurant is ran.

1  Thank richkoe
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I dined here on our wedding night and we were provided with seating overlooking the fountains as requested. We both ordered the Bone in rib eye which were melt in your mouth, seasoned to perfection (we like salty food) and cooked just right. The mac and cheese was also good but not as impressive as the steaks.

I found the service a bit stuffy. I was in a full length wedding gown and my husband in his tux and we did not get a smile or congratulations from our server which I found to be quite rude. I overheard a couple celebrating their anniversary at the table next to ours received a complimentary dessert to share while we did not dressed in full wedding garb and all.

The steaks really do speak for themselves and the views are amazing if you can get a seat overlooking the fountains but our server did not make us feel special on our wedding night.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were expecting a fabulous steak at Prime but were disappointed. The evening started off well when we were seated by a window overlooking the lake and the fountain show. The waiter was quite knowledgeable about the menu and helped us pick our starters. The onion soup was good - sweet onions and not as salty as most. My wife had the bone-in filet mignon special and I had the porterhouse. Both steaks came out overdone, my wife's more than mine. She sent hers back and a fresh steak came out within 5 minutes. The chef sent his apologizes, but no manager came over to see if the new steak was OK. I noticed that the table next to us also had overdone steaks. The steaks were of good quality, but pretty tasteless. It didn't even seem like the chef put salt and pepper on them before they went on the grill. I had to get salt to give the steak any kind of flavor. The sauces that came with the steaks were alright, but I've had better in Cincinnati steakhouses. The mac and cheese was cheesy, but the panko on top was salty enough to make up for the lack of salt in the onion soup and on the steak. The dessert was the best part of the meal - can't remember the name, but it was chocolate.

1  Thank pharvey841
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had a reservation for 5:00 pm on an early Friday eve before the 7:30 showing of "O". Because of a wedding party taking pictures they held the opening up for 5-10 mins. We were the seconds ones in the door and we were given a window seat close to the water show. We started with the steak tartar and carpaccio. This was not bad. The french onion soup was good but the Asparagus salad was a big disappointment. The bread brought to the table was quite good. For dinner we had filet and the aged rib eye with sides of gratin potatoes and sautéed wild mushrooms. Great steak but not worth the price at all. I don't need 20-40 dollars added to the price of my steak because it is near a water show. Good food, snobby waiters and too high of a cost. Don't get me wrong this was pretty good but I've had better for much less. Hey prime get over yourself. By the way being in Vegas makes you drink so by the time we got to dinner we decided on just ice tea and water after drinking all day. after that with all we ordered the waiter was a complete jerk to us.

1  Thank Jedimasterkush