“Lives up to its name”

Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Savor every rich detail. Award-winning, four-star celebrity chef and restaurateur, Jean-Georges Vongerichten invites you to realize steakhouse dining at its finest with prime steak, seafood and lamb accompanied by fabulous sauces, sides and meticulously selected wines. Ensconce yourself in the establishment's handsome chocolate brown and delicate Tiffany blue décor – the elaborate design of Michael DeSantis. To further enhance your experience, prominent pieces of artwork are on display including three commissioned paintings by Carlo Maria Mariani, George Deem and Michael Gregory, as well as a water-themed canvas screen created by Joseph Raffael. A garden patio provides the perfect outdoor setting for a tranquil dining experience.
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The steakhouse that is truly prime. The dinning room has its act together, from the initial greating to the dessert and final drink. Food is prepared to order. The wine list has ehat ever you have in mind. The staff is so helpful and very friendly. This is a place not to miss.

Candice M, F&B Guest Relations Specialist at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Our staff will be thrilled they could help create an unforgettable experience for you. We are glad you enjoyed the wine selection and the preparation of the dishes. On your next trip to Las Vegas we hope to welcome you back to Prime.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,023)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Wow, this place was first class all the way! The food was simply amazing as was the service. Our server told us a few times too stop asking if we could have… or if they had…. He said if they did not have it, they would get it. This was something I never heard before so I was really impressed. We had steak and lobster; both were among the best we had ever tasted. I do want to point out that everything comes at a price. If you are counting pennies or a thrifty person, this is not the place to go. My advice is that if you are able to go out and not focus on the price for a special occasion or event, it’s worth every penny. The shocker for us was the wine list; they offer many options that are priced over $1,000 a bottle. We stuck with a glass for obvious reasons.

Candice M, F&B Guest Relations Specialist at Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Wow what a fantastic review. Our staff is honored they could create a magical evening for your anniversary and could help make this experience unforgettable. We look forward to welcoming you to Prime in the near future!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a top Vegas place. I seek out the best dry-aged ribsteak everywhere I go, and this is probably one of Vegas' top two (Craftsteak might be better). Service and decor and beyond criticism. View of the fountain water show if you get a window seat. Beautiful artwork in the restaurant including a Lichtenstein (but not an oil - some kind of canopy?). I think there was even a painting by Robert de Niro, but I didn't inspect it. (for the really great art, go next door to Picasso's). Do not eat here without trying the molten chocolate cake desert - supposedly their chef (jean-georges Vongerichten ) invented it!!

We appreciate your review of your recent dining experience at Prime and are ecstatic to know you enjoyed the environment and menu items. We hope to welcome you on your next trip to Las vegas.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I wanted to find a place to eat that had outside seating, being that the weather was so nice while we were there. We made a reservation at Prime Steakhouse since they have outside dining by the lake, so we could watch the fountains. Our food was fantastic and service was great also. I definitely want to go back again.

Thank you for choosing Prime as your dining selection and we are happy you were able to view the beautiful fountain show while enjoying your delicious meal. We look forward to welcoming you back to Prime!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We initially found ourselves a little out of our comfort zone as the girl who took our reservation mentioned the dress code as only "no swim wear or athletic attire - that the restaurant preferred business casual". Totally do-able; however, when we arrived, there was a sign at the door stating "Jackets Preferred', which puts things into a whole different category, in my opinion. The crowd was a bit older - in their late 50's - 60's and I started feeling very out of my element. Fortunately, our waiter sensed our discomfort, and instead of judging or being snooty, he was VERY friendly and helped us through the menu by offering suggestions and describing the specials. He acted as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I had the dover sole fish and my husband had the bone-in filet. Both were exceptionally delicious with so much flavor. Special sauces are served with your meal and they only add to the experience. The restaurant is indeed expensive (which I was expecting), but worth every penny. I'm glad we stuck it out. One of the best meals I've ever had!

A word of caution, watch out for the photographers asking to take your picture. You will all of a sudden be bombarded with poses and blinding flashes. During dessert, you will be shown a portfolio of your shots with the option to buy or not. We got sucked into that vortex without really realizing what was happening (I said "sure" thinking it would be one snapshot of us at our table). It was an unexpected experience at this type of restaurant, but my husband and I got a good laugh out of it all. In hindsight, we should have purchased one of our pictures just to remember the funny experience. Could have used that picture for Christmas cards!

1  Thank Dabonee

We are delighted to hear our staff was able to create a comforting environment for you and we are glad you relished the delectable sole fish and bone-in filet. Our photographers seek to capture the moment to save in time for these special evenings. On your next trip to Las Vegas we hope to welcome you back!

Been to Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!