“Simply The Best !”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Savor every rich detail. Award-winning, four-star celebrity chef and restaurateur, Jean-Georges Vongerichten invites you to realize steakhouse dining at its finest with prime steak, seafood and lamb accompanied by fabulous sauces, sides and meticulously selected wines. Ensconce yourself in the establishment's handsome chocolate brown and delicate Tiffany blue décor – the elaborate design of Michael DeSantis. To further enhance your experience, prominent pieces of artwork are on display including three commissioned paintings by Carlo Maria Mariani, George Deem and Michael Gregory, as well as a water-themed canvas screen created by Joseph Raffael. A garden patio provides the perfect outdoor setting for a tranquil dining experience.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Now when I was in Las Vegas at the tender age of 37 (2003) I first ate at Prime and said to my wife that I would love to have my 40th birthday meal at prime steakhouse but that never happened we ended up having a party in the uk instead. Anyway I visited Prime again when I went to Vegas with friends in 2007 but what really puzzles me is when Mandy and I went in 2000 we didn’t eat at Prime :( I really don’t know why but somehow we didn’t :( Anyway we have just got back from Vegas (Jan/Feb 2013) and we ended up having our last meal out at Prime :) I can only say we saved the best for last! And we have eaten in some really nice places while visiting like Fix, Jasmines, Le Cirque, Eifel Tower, BB's, Michael Minas. Now Fix may be the cheapest of those being around $220 for us both and it was beautiful as I reported but others like Le Cirque disappointed as $595 Inc $50 tip :( Now Prime was $230 plus tip which I can only say is the best value never mind it being the best food of what we had in Vegas!

The restaurant is certainly upmarket requesting gentlemen to wear a jacket but I didn’t have one but still felt fine in fact one customer was wearing jeans and a T shirt, the place is quite dark but it seems to add to the atmosphere, the chairs are comfy and the waiters as normal are pretty attentive, my only niggle with all restaurants that we ate at in Vegas is the bread :( it’s just plain and boring, why they dont do something more adventurous and yummy is a puzzle? I had foi gras for starters and Mandy had prawns wrapped in wafer thin crispy bacon, I certainly made the best choice the foi gras came on a ginger jam which I almost asked not to be there as I don’t like ginger but it really did go together well. For main course do not order anything else other than a fillet steak! It confirmed on this visit that it really is the best steak I have ever eaten being cooked to perfection (med rare) with a taste to die for! Mandy had the rack of lamb which was covered in a sweet currant jelly that was way too over powering for the lamb, Oh and we had 3 x sides these being Asparagus (very good) Creamed Spinach (very good) and dauphinoise potatoes (absolutely amazing) I was stuffed but what a starter and main course I had just had but to make it a meal to give 5 stars too I think all courses have to be amazing! So now for pudding I had the Chocolate Soufflé which was my 4th on this Vegas trip believe it or not and was quite easily the best I’ve had the ice cream was perfect not rock hard like Le Cirque! Overall my conclusion was why oh why didn’t we end up eating here twice on our trip? And how did we miss it last trip??

Make sure you treat yourself to a visit to Prime it should be the No1 of places to eat in Vegas!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,068)

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We were so excited to give the place a try. Whenever in town we usually eat at lots of favorites Tao Morels etc...
Decided to try this ...wow never again
The food was really really good. But there are a lot of places in Vegas with great food we had steaks and lobster, apps and even after dinner drinks
The check for 4 of us was over $500 which is common in Vegas so we expected that...
But for a really nice expensive dinner I would expect this place to be more selective about the staff in place. Our waiter was rude, condescending and acted annoyed that he was even at work. He only came to the table maybe 4 times and was so arrogant and brass...
Even my husband as laid back as he is said something during dinner about the way the server was acting.
Since being home several people asked us about the experience there once they saw a picture on Facebook and he and i continue to comment on how rude the guy was.
We travel a lot! Eat out a lot! We have no interest at all to ever return to Prime. That guy is losing them customers.

2  Thank Tempi8541
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Definitely the best steak I've ever had in my life, and I've had a few!

The atmosphere was amazing. Architecture and interior design was so great. We got a cozy corner seat with a view out the window of the fountains at the Bellagio. We took our time enjoying our meal, and we were never rushed by the staff.

We were treated very well and had only one complaint. Dessert. I should have looked at the menu before giving up my steak. I would have rather finished my filet than had the tiny chocolate lava cake that I can get at Chili's. There were other desserts, but I would suggest using your calories on the steak!!

I will definitely go back to this restaurant when visiting Vegas and will recommend to all friends.

We had water, two salads, two filets, one side and one dessert and the bill was $200 before tip. Worth it!

1  Thank ac6804
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our meal was very good, our service was horrible. Seafood appetizer was excellent, steak very good once you add a sauce, otherwise it had no flavor. Of the seven guests we had only one cocktail was refreshed without asking. Once the food was served we never was a server. We ordered white wine with the appetizer and a red with our meal, only the first glass of white was poured, we had to pour the rest ourselves. I have no problem pouring my own wine but for the price of this experience, the service was very disappointing.

2  Thank Mark J
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This restaurant was not very good when we visited two years ago, but now it is very good. Good service, great food, not too expensive.