“Overrated”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Savor every rich detail. Award-winning, four-star celebrity chef and restaurateur, Jean-Georges Vongerichten invites you to realize steakhouse dining at its finest with prime steak, seafood and lamb accompanied by fabulous sauces, sides and meticulously selected wines. Ensconce yourself in the establishment's handsome chocolate brown and delicate Tiffany blue décor – the elaborate design of Michael DeSantis. To further enhance your experience, prominent pieces of artwork are on display including three commissioned paintings by Carlo Maria Mariani, George Deem and Michael Gregory, as well as a water-themed canvas screen created by Joseph Raffael. A garden patio provides the perfect outdoor setting for a tranquil dining experience.
Finland
“Overrated”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I could not recommend this restaurant as it really represents bad value for money. I had very poor lamb there and service was not genious at all. So avoid the place and go rather to CUT at Palazzo.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Heavytraveller73

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
york, pa
“beautiful view of fountains”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We sat on the patio right beside the lake and fountains. It was truly awesome. The food? Not awesome but just good. Not worth the money. I had the Dover sole ($65!)--it was good but slightly overcooked but the sauce was delicious. My friend had a steak and he said it was perfectly cooked and very tender. My other friend had the chicken and she enjoyed it. The service was slow but I didn't mind because we were really enjoying the fountain view. I would definitely return to this restaurant only if we could get patio seats by the fountain. I would not return if I had to sit inside.

• Visited November 2012
Chicago
“Great meal, awesome space”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

What I remember most about Prime was the deep but subtle beauty of the dining room. The food was also good. The tuna ribbon starter I would recommend. We had a bone in ribeye and it was great. Sides of truffle mashed was average, same thing for the roasted mushrooms. The crispy spaetzle I had high hopes for but did not really like. But the people at the table next to us really enjoyed them. Service was superb.

• Visited November 2012
Guelph, Ontario
“Prime Steakhouse, Bellagio”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Excellent meal. Lots of menu variety. Pricey but normal for a high end Vegas restaurant. Nice ambience.

Visited October 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect wedding reception”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We got married at the Bellagio on 23rd October 2012. We researched lots of venues at various price points for our reception for us and 20 guests. Having fallen in love with the Bellagio fountains on my first trip to Vegas, I was delighted when I found this venue.

Prime has a beautiful patio, separate from the main restaurant and completely private. It is open and has what I think is the best view in Vegas. It was perfect for our drinks reception and wedding breakfast.

We had a lot of email correspondence with Prime before the big day, being based in the UK. Sometimes the responses were slow, but I think they have functions most nights so what is one day for me is everyday for them. Everything certainly went like clockwork on the day,

I think it's fair to say everything was way above our expectations. The view is unbelievable, the food was delicious and the service impecable. On the night, we had exclusive use of the patio between 5 and 12. We had dedicated service staff (4 in total), who were great at serving drinks, helping with photo's, ensuring only our guests were allowed in and out.

We had canapes with a champagne reception which were constantly being served and were wonderful tastes and top quality. We had a 3 course menu with choices for each course. Whilst you could choose any combinations from the main menu, we went for expensive options of lamb, 18oz bone in rib eye (dry aged) and seabass for main course options. Food was served altogether and everyones choice of lamb and steak was cooked as they wanted. Flawless food and service. Christian, the deputy manager, was on hand, not that we had any need for him on the day other than to thank him for his work in organising our special reception. We also arranged our beautiful cake via Prime - and again the pictures I chose from in advance did not compare to the detailing on the real thing.

The Bellagio wedding was great - but it is the reception that everyone will remember. Where else do you get a free fountain display with the Eiffel Tower in the background coupled with fabulous food? Every guest there said ours was the best wedding they have ever been too.

We're already talking to friends about how we can get back to Vegas and use the Prime restaurant patio again!

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the cost compared to what you would pay in the UK for a wedding reception. We had worked out a best and worse case cost in advance and this came in at our best case.

• Visited October 2012