“Wonderful Experience”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Savor every rich detail. Award-winning, four-star celebrity chef and restaurateur, Jean-Georges Vongerichten invites you to realize steakhouse dining at its finest with prime steak, seafood and lamb accompanied by fabulous sauces, sides and meticulously selected wines. Ensconce yourself in the establishment's handsome chocolate brown and delicate Tiffany blue décor – the elaborate design of Michael DeSantis. To further enhance your experience, prominent pieces of artwork are on display including three commissioned paintings by Carlo Maria Mariani, George Deem and Michael Gregory, as well as a water-themed canvas screen created by Joseph Raffael. A garden patio provides the perfect outdoor setting for a tranquil dining experience.
Reviewed December 19, 2007

My fiancé and I visited Prime Steakhouse this past August and had one of the best dinner experiences of our entire visit.

First there seem to be a lot of reviews complaining about cost. Be prepared that this is a upscale 4 star (should probably be 5 star) restaurant. Our average dinner check while in Vegas is usually between $250.00 and $350.00. We always enjoy nicer restaurants and expect an experience like Prime we when go out.

First the bad. My only complaint was in the first 15 minutes of service. Due to myself and my fiancé being a little younger we tend to get some underserved bad service in nice places. I guess the waiters assume they are going to get shafted on a tip. Our waiter tried to suggest “lower cost” entrées to us from the start completely ignoring the wine list. I had to take a second and slow him down assuring him we were not concerned with cost. Once that was out of the way, the meal and service went great.

I started with a shrimp appetizer while my fiancé had the goat cheese salad. A little too much goat cheese for her taste, but still very good. I had the filet and lobster tail as my entrée while my fiancé just had the lobster. The steak was perfect along with the lobster. I am normally not a steak sauce person and believe if a steak is cooked properly there is no need for it … however, you have to try their house sauces. The steak would have been just right alone, but the house sauce was killer. We also split several sides including the truffle mac & cheese, sautéed mushrooms, and asparagus. All was wonderful along with a great wine selection. We would have loved desert but neither of us could handle it. We settled for a little more wine and called it an evening.

All in all, Prime is one of my top picks in Vegas. The only reason I did not give a 5 rating was due to the beginning of the service.

2  Thank asilee
Write a ReviewReviews (1,990)

Reviewed December 17, 2007

Steakhouse....I expected dark wood, deep leather chairs, testerone-charged atmosphere. Boy, was I in for a surprise. Prime's ambience was perfect. The restaurant was elegant, classy, with soft hues of colors that evoked one to relax and anticipate a great meal.
I know, I know, bacon-wrapped shrimp. How common is that? Well, it wasn't. Of course, the shrimp was cooked perfectly sitting atop a slice of avocado, but the sauce, oh, I woon over the sauce! It was a passionfruit mustard streaked on the plate that just brought it all together. My mouth was ready for more. For a starter, I chose the pea soup. What an incredible experience, I took a spoonful, I literally had to close my eyes, as it tasted like I had a scrumptuous mouthful of freshly picked peas from my garden. Also, pea soup tends to look gray or avocado'ish in color, and mine was aesthetically pleasing, it was a lively green.
Carnivore, I am. I ordered the bone-in fillet. What an incredible piece of meat. Perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned. It came with a variety of sauces, yum! Although the steak was great just as is, my preference. We ordered mushrooms, asparagus, and potatoes as sides. All were equally tasty and seasoned properly.
The waitstaff, along with the chefs and kitchen staff, made a memorable experience. It was so worth the price. Next time I make a "deposit" at the roulette table, I'll think twice. I can take that money and buy me a nice steak dinner, complete with a lake view.

2  Thank pickmefirst
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed December 13, 2007

probably my favorite in town

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 11, 2007

We first found Prime in 2001 and it is a must stop everytime we are in Vegas - we actually book our flights and hotel room around getting a reservation at Prime. To date it is our favorite restaurant in the world!! We have never been disappointed! Obviously you pay for the great food, service and atmosphere but we would tell you it is worth every penny! (We paid $300 for 3 courses and 4 drinks, plus tip.) From the appetizers to the steaks we had, all the way to the dessert, it was deliscious and perfect! We love the fact that we can always count on the staples of the menu always being there and that they always have a specials to tantilze our taste buds. Not to mention, when we are greeted by our waiter he calls us by name. Make reservations early, it can be very difficult to get into, as they book up well in the advance. Bon Appitete!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Special affinity for this one since I had dinner here on my wedding night. That and Ocean's 11 (Clooney) filmed a great scene here. Great steaks, great atmosphere, definitely a must try once.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!