“hostess started a great meal”
Review of Piero Selvaggio Valentino - CLOSED

Piero Selvaggio Valentino
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were staying at the Venetian and looking for a nice meal on our last night. We had adiscount thru their resort fee at the First Food and Bar but whne we went the hostess asked for reservations, we had none, but it was not busy and believe me no lineup waiting, she suggested the bar and we left. Found Valentino on the Casino floor and were looking at the menus when the hostess came out and happily explained how they worked with choices either for more intimate dining in the back or in the main dining room. We chose the main as the menu caught our eye and she gave us a quiet couples table. The waiter was wonderful and food matched, my wife had the Veal and i the truffles with noodles special and both meals were enjoyed. Very glad we were kind of snubbed at First Food and found this place to enjoy our last night in Vegas.

1  Thank bmtravel63

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I believe the original Valentino in Santa Monica has more class, touch and attention, I think is a decent offspring but living on the name of the original

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Honestly, after eating here I wish I'd just gone to the buffet at the Wynn as recommended. Wouldn't have been much less and then at least I could have had something interesting to eat. I had veal which was fine, not outstanding, and came with a tiny (inadequate) scoop of polenta in the center. Eh. Husband had black spaghetti and 1 lb lobster. He liked his meal. Mine was extremely average, especially for a $40 entree! This was our one 'fancy' meal out during our stay and I was very, very disappointed.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

After reading other reviews we had high hopes, however it seems we caught them when they were a little short staffed. Did not get the personalize attention I would expect from a high end restuarant. Other tables did, but we did not. The food was good but no wow - factor. Not a foodie, but I do like to go to restuarants of celebrity chefs, but this time should have went elswhere.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Our experience at Valentino was a dissapointment.
The truffle risotto was under cooked.
The fish was overcooked.
Our server was nice... But got our order mixed up. He graciously corrected the mistake...but the timing and presentation of the the food had already been thrown off.
Finally, the wine manager was pretty unfriendly.
This restauant needs much change and improvement.
I would NOT recommend this restaurant