“High hopes not met.”

Oyster Bay Seafood LLC
Reserve with OpenTable
Oyster Bay Seafood LLC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #590 of 4,932 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here after seeing the Vegans show at PH. Nice atmosphere and decor. My friends fillet mignon was good but my mahi mahi fish filler was terrible. When the waiter cleared the plates and it was clear that I had not eaten the fish he asked why and I said unfortunately it was watery and tasteless.
He then spoke to the manager and she saw me and said there would be no charge which was good customer relations.
They served lovely fresh bread and a balsamic and oil dipping sauce as an appetiser
Which was nice.
Disappointing food for the prices.

There are newer reviews for Oyster Bay Seafood LLC

Reviewed May 4, 2013

There are not too much breakfast options in Planet Hollywood, so if you stay in PH or Elara for a week you have a chance to try every breakfast place there. Today tried Oyster Bay for breakfast. Omelet was OK, poached eggs served in a strange way, filet steak was so tiny... Server Miriam was extremely slow and not attentive at all, have to wait for ages to ask for another glass of juice or to pay the bill. She brought a cup a tea bag but not hot water. Also she spilled the juice and didn't wipe the spillage. Will not visit this place again either for breakfast or lunch. Ocean One just next to Oyster Bay is a much better service

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This place has so much potential but misses all the marks. Our first warning should have been all the typos and misspellings on the menu. We were craving good seafood and this was just awful all around.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

It is reluctantly I'm posting this - because I didn't complain (my husband is uncomfortable when I do) at the time. However, we have dined at the Oyster Bay at Planet Hollywood and enjoyed it in the past (my husband last March, and me the March before that). This Monday my husband ordered the same thing he had enjoyed before - Scallops Oreganata and I ordered the Hampton Scallops. The wine we first chose wasn't available, but the server went to see if my second choice was - he wasn't sure it would be. The available wine list seems to be in transition, and no longer matches the printed list. We ordered Clams Posillipo for our starter. The server asked if we wanted them in tomato sauce or with just white wine. The menu said they were steamed with garlic, tomato, and white wine; when we make them we use garlic, white wine, fresh tomatoes & basil. The waiter asked if we wanted them in red sauce or white sauce - we didn't want clams in red sauce, we wanted clams posillipo, so we said the white wine sauce. Perhaps this was a miscommunication. The clams were sandy - that wasn't a miscommunication - the broth was almost too salty to enjoy and the garlic crostini were also very salty. Maybe garlic salt was used instead of garlic or garlic powder. When my husband considers something too salty it has to be very salty because he usually adds salt to his food. We were mildly disappointed at this point, but enjoying our wine. Then our entrees came. Menu: Sea Scallops Oreganata: Seared and Topped with Seasoned Italian Bread Crumbs, Light Garlic, Fresh Herbs, Butter & White Wine served with Potatoes & Vegetables; Hampton Sea Scallops: Wrapped in Bacon, Seared with Fine Herbs served with Potatoes and Fresh Vegetables. Reality: Sea Scallops Oreganata: Steamed and topped with soggy bread crumbs and an unexceptional butter sauce. Hampton Sea Scallops: Steamed and wrapped in soggy bacon, topped with the same butter sauce. I don't think the herbs were fresh any time lately. The dishes looked nearly identical with the same sauce drizzled over them. Perhaps they were prepared too quickly and allowed to sit under a hot lamp. Neither dish was really good. The presentations were Applebees level. The server did check back to see how everything was, but as I said, not wishing to embarrass my husband I kept my mouth shut with difficulty. His rationale is that we only come to Vegas once a year, we'll just find another restaurant and take this off the list. I think the Scotto family has let the side slip. Maybe the family hasn't been paying attention to this one. If the food maintains this low quality, it might take a year but I don't see success in their future. Although first-time diners will go there, they will begin to lose their repeat customers. That is sad because the food used to be so very good. It is possible that the chef was off that night and the substitute just wasn't paying much attention. Every issue could be laid at the feet of the chef - except the sogginess which could have been the server or communication. It is a one-time experience that was very disappointing. The check was entirely too high for the experience we had. Then again, if I'd complained at the time, perhaps the check could have been adjusted. So take this with the grain of salt (well - maybe not salt) it deserves. We won't likely return because there are too many other choices in Vegas and we only come once a year.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Do not waste your money eating here. The food is not good--steak tough, food cold, fish strange tasting. Servers act like their job is to get you out of this place as fast as possible. There are no substitutions to the menu!! Unreal!! When you are asked to pay $35 - $45. for a meal you should get better food and service. Lots of better restaurants available--15 choices in Miracle Miles shop area alone.