“Good Japanese Food at Reasonable Price”
Review of Sushi Fever

Sushi Fever
Ranked #655 of 4,955 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2009

The quality of food is very good at an extremely reasonable price. The regular dinner dishes are pretty cheap. Quality of raw fish in sushi is excellent. My mother in law is Japanese from Japan. I, my wife and my brother in law are Japanese from Hawaii. My sister in law is Mexican American. Among us, we have lots of experience eating at Japanese restaurants. Two of us ordered the chirashi sushi (not on menu but a common dish). It is a bowl of sushi rice covered with various items used as sushi neta (the topping on nigiri sushi). This dish cost $25 but was well worth the price. The rice was very good (but a little odd in that it was long grain rice). The toppings were plentiful and of excellent quality especially the salmon and egg. The only disappointment was the use of imitation crab. However that was more than offset by the inclusion of salmon, egg, shiromi (probably tai), maguro and hamachi in big quantity. Two of us had the Geisha Boat at $26 each. It was filled with 2 kinds of maki sushi, teriyaki beef, chicken yakitori, chicken katsu, different kinds of tempura, egg roll, gyoza and sashimi. The quality of the food varied from excellent to good but overall very good and extremely plentiful. You need a healthy appetite to finish the boat. Most of the single entree meals were under $10. I highly recommend this restaurant. Staff was friendly and attentive. It is family oriented as there were a lot of families with children there.

Reviewed May 7, 2009

The poorly named Sushi Fever on W. Sahara has been my default sushi restaurant for years. Since 2000, I have been a regular, and I can't get enough of Joe's special roll, which is also to be had at I Love Sushi in Henderson (same chef).

Although the somewhat erratic service has in past months made a poor impression on visitors that we take to Sushi Fever, this week the service was solid. We took friends from Salzburg, Austra -- one sushi enthusiast, and one who went for the grilled shrimp -- and they were delighted, especially by the American-sized portions. While one of our friend's entreé, which included both miso soup and salad, arrived all at the same time (as opposed to miso soup first, tasty house salad with ginger dressing second, and entreé third), which made it challenging for him to manage all the delicacies set up on front of him.

My friend Sandra, who doesn't get to eat much good sushi in landlocked Austria, and my husband and I ordered our usual assortment of sushi, with Joe's special ($16) being the centerpiece. It's a large roll with deep-fried prawns and tuna and avocado on top, covered in the place's "special sauce" which is red, very liquid, and delicious (and definitely has some ginger in it). The salmon sushi, the California roll, and the spicy tuna roll were also very fresh and tasty. For dessert, we usually went with just one scoop of green tea ice cream, which cleanses your palate and is a satisfying end to a tasty and healthy dinner. As some Austrian says: we will be back.

Reviewed April 22, 2009

I have been in a lot of sushi restaurants and this may be the best I've been in. Varied choices and just plain fun to see the menu and try stuff. It's a must when my wife and I visit our daughter in Las V.

Reviewed March 6, 2009

well worth the cab ride. The sushi was the best I've ever had. The chefs were incredibly trained and would even make up something special at your request. Although - all of the rolls I had were amazing.....and the screaming orgasim is a must!

Reviewed August 11, 2008

Its the Best Sushi to date that I have had, and I try Sushi Bars everywhere I travel. From my Hotel it was about a $50 round trip cab ride and the Sushi Experience was soo good that my friend and I had to go back the next day!!!

I am already planning my next trip to Vegas from Wichita Ks and Sushi Fever will be the highlight of the trip!!!