“One of my top 2 favorites for Mexican in Las Vegas!”

Michoacan Gourmet Mexican
Ranked #567 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is one of the top two places I've had the best Mexican food in Las Vegas. The food is authentic and the delicious EVERY time I have dined here. The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant on a consistent basis. Occasionally they have a Groupon but it's rare.

PROS: Steak Cilantro
Chili Relleno
Steak Fajitas
Lengua Tacos
Pollo al mojo de ajo

I haven't had a bad experience yet and I've been here a few times. It's great for meeting friends for lunch or dinner. There is something on the menu for everyone.

1  Thank Bakesie
There are newer reviews for Michoacan Gourmet Mexican

Reviewed April 25, 2013

You cannot fault the service or food at this 'off strip' family Mexican restaurant. Sure, the place is by no means 'smart', but the friendly service and top quality menu choices makes for a fun experience (especially if you get onto the Tequila's).

We enjoyed watching large family parties celebrate at adjoining tables, and our Nachos and beers kept on coming whilst our mains were prepared. Good choice of meat, fish and seafood options, all delivered in traditional style.

Well worth visiting.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Everything was great-fresh guacamole made tableside, spicy salsa, soup, terrific combinations. Had terrific service as well.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stoppped by for an early dinner on a Friday night.

There was a Happy Hour with discounted prices on Mexcian beer & margaritas. Complimentary chips, bean dip and salsa came right out. The 3 were just okay. We have certainly had better.

I got a steak entree that was served with a cheese enchilada w/red sauce, beans, rice and tortilllas. A bit of guac and shredded lettuce too. The steak was really good with green chile peppers. The rest of the meal was rather heavy and tasteless.

My spouse had the tacos and he said they were not the best he has had, nor were they the worst. Both meals started out with a cup of soup. It was REALLY salty and I think there was onions in it. I could not eat it.

Service was friendly and there seemed to be a lot of locals. They have entertainment in the bar at certain hours. I think if we would go back, that is what we would do instead. Just have drinks and listen to the band. The glass in the place was really dirty. Prices were high for the value of the meal.

It was just okay, not really what I expected. There is better.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Really good mexican food, loved their abuelo something shrimp, and chicken with rajas but the service sometimes was lousy.